Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #79

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a dentist appointment today. Was the most exciting trip I’d had in a whiles I got dressed up and put some make up on for the occasion.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I sent off my Covid test on Wednesday - I’m awaiting results. Felt poorly since Saturday but feeling marginally better today. Already had it back in Summer so I’m REALLY hoping I’ve not caught it again... 😬

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
We only have to wear full ppe when we are with a woman, but have to wear a maskvat all times. We have to get fully suited up if we go onto the NNU though.
My midwife was on her break the other day when I realised I needed to push 🙈 Bet she’s never thrown her ppe on so fast 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Yeah to be honest I wouldn’t have even noticed if they’d had non on. I was in the room on my own screaming for help 😬🥴
My trick is to always have a pair of gloves a size bigger close to hand so I can put them on quicker. That and telling you to breath breath breath whilst frantically pulling gloves on.

Reactions: 1
My wee Grandad got his first jag today. He is 92. We are Scotland he also got appt for his 2nd dose in April. He seems to be ok after having it apart from a sore arm

Reactions: 14
Thats crazy. Surely most staff are on shifts. They should have vaccinators based nearby during the end of shift times so staff can leave their shifts, get their jabs and leave on a booking system. I'm not sure if that's logical as I don't work in NHS but it seems fine in my head lol
My mum, sister, her best friend and my best friend have all had their vaccines at work, during work term, they left the wards to get them, while on shift.

Reactions: 3
I’ve been ringing an elderly lady for chats twice a week since April (volunteer scheme but not the nhs one), she’s housebound and she had her vaccine yesterday! So pleased for her as she has carers visit 5 times a week which would put her at risk. She sounded like a new woman today!
She thought all her arthritis pain had gone as a result of having the vaccine? Has anyone read or heard anything similar?!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
I’ve been ringing an elderly lady for chats twice a week since April (volunteer scheme but not the nhs one), she’s housebound and she had her vaccine yesterday! So pleased for her as she has carers visit 5 times a week which would put her at risk. She sounded like a new woman today!
She thought all her arthritis pain had gone as a result of having the vaccine? Has anyone read or heard anything similar?!
That’s a lovely story. Maybe the adrenaline from having the vaccine has made her forget her other aches and pains. It would be lovely if it did help .

Reactions: 12
That’s a lovely story. Maybe the adrenaline from having the vaccine has made her forget her other aches and pains. It would be lovely if it did help .
Ah that’s a good point about the adrenaline! Interesting! Thank you!

I felt so pleased for her!

I know of two friends who are both on mat leave and not returning till after the Summer who've both had their jab. I'm not sure why?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.