Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #79

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If the vaccinations are on track for the mid Feb deadline why are we being told post Easter for lockdown to ease?

Reactions: 1
Did anyone else see the BBC News report from Wuhan just now? They’re now fully claiming another country gave them Covid.. I am speechless. And also in disbelief that their lives are pretty much back to normal.. will the nightmare never end? 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ It’s like a bad joke.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Did anyone else see the BBC News report from Wuhan just now? They’re now fully claiming another country gave them Covid.. I am speechless. And also in disbelief that their lives are pretty much back to normal.. will the nightmare never end? 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ It’s like a bad joke.
That is crazy. It is so obvious to me that Covid came from the Wuhan lab initially. I think accidentally, but that they covered it up because they didn’t respond quickly enough and pretended that it came from a bat in the wet market. To say it came from another country entirely insults our intelligence.

Reactions: 17
Hmmm. I have many thoughts. At first, I thought the virus came from the lab in Wuhan, they had investigations just a few years ago over safety and were warned if they didn't step up protocols they could cause a pandemic. I thought it leaked from the lab by accident. https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...-issues-wuhan-lab-studying-bat-coronaviruses/

But, then I saw that scientists were studying sewage from drains in Spain, and traces of Covid19 were found in sewage from March 2019... https://globalnews.ca/news/7119856/coronavirus-sewage-barcelona-march-2019/ -- there were some pneumonia cases and deaths in France towards the end of 2019 that turned out to be Covid before we knew what it was. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...y-hold-clues-to-pandemics-start-idUSKBN22H15R

So who knows. Maybe China is lying, maybe they aren't. I am not sure we will ever know.

Perhaps it started off in Europe fairly mild but then got to China and mutated to be more contagious and deadly? However, the way the government treated the whistleblowers has been atrocious. And they DID try to cover it up but I am not sure that it started there anymore... could you imagine they find out it actually originally came from Europe?

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Anyone missing the Chyna virus updates 🥴 the world seems slightly more sane, and dull now 😂

• Haha
Hmmm. I have many thoughts. At first, I thought the virus came from the lab in Wuhan, they had investigations just a few years ago over safety and were warned if they didn't step up protocols they could cause a pandemic. I thought it leaked from the lab by accident. https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...-issues-wuhan-lab-studying-bat-coronaviruses/

But, then I saw that scientists were studying sewage from drains in Spain, and traces of Covid19 were found in sewage from March 2019... https://globalnews.ca/news/7119856/coronavirus-sewage-barcelona-march-2019/ -- there were some pneumonia cases and deaths in France towards the end of 2019 that turned out to be Covid before we knew what it was. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...y-hold-clues-to-pandemics-start-idUSKBN22H15R

So who knows. Maybe China is lying, maybe they aren't. I am not sure we will ever know.

Perhaps it started off in Europe fairly mild but then got to China and mutated to be more contagious and deadly? However, the way the government treated the whistleblowers has been atrocious. And they DID try to cover it up but I am not sure that it started there anymore... could you imagine they find out it actually originally came from Europe?
I jokingly said it was probably from the uk . The amount of people who were poorly with an unusual fever and cough type / pneumonia virus late 2019/ early 2020 was quite noticeable, I heard so many comments about it . I actually believe there were at least two viruses being lumped together as covid 19, this may turn out to be proven if samples from patients are studied retrospectively.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I jokingly said it was probably from the uk . The amount of people who were poorly with an unusual fever and cough type / pneumonia virus late 2019/ early 2020 was quite noticeable, I heard so many comments about it . I actually believe there were at least two viruses being lumped together as covid 19, this may turn out to be proven if samples from patients are studied retrospectively.
Yes, my stepdad was very ill in 2019 with a cough, fever, etc. They did a load of blood work and they said he had a virus but didn't know what it was. Then in Nov 2019, my mum was quite ill too, just thought it was the flu but it lingered for ages.

Reactions: 7
Yes my Nan had a bad chesty virus in February, was taken to hospital and told there was an infection but they didn’t know what. She was breathless for a good few weeks after. In a way I hope it was covid! I was also unwell on return from a trip to Finland in Feb - I’m never someone who gets a cold really, but I had a few days off work and had a cough, lost my sense of smell and had a fever. My husband is type 1 diabetic and was fine though. Could have been a cold but unusually for me, I also tested negative for antibodies in early May but the loss of smell makes me think I had a super mild case. With the amount of international travel and the time it takes to recognise a virus to be different /common enough not to be flu, there’s no doubt that it was probably going about for months prior to China. I do wonder wtf we were seeing with all those pics of people dying in the street in Wuhan though. Crazy propaganda.

Reactions: 5
Yes my Nan had a bad chesty virus in February, was taken to hospital and told there was an infection but they didn’t know what. She was breathless for a good few weeks after. In a way I hope it was covid! I was also unwell on return from a trip to Finland in Feb - I’m never someone who gets a cold really, but I had a few days off work and had a cough, lost my sense of smell and had a fever. My husband is type 1 diabetic and was fine though. Could have been a cold but unusually for me, I also tested negative for antibodies in early May but the loss of smell makes me think I had a super mild case. With the amount of international travel and the time it takes to recognise a virus to be different /common enough not to be flu, there’s no doubt that it was probably going about for months prior to China. I do wonder wtf we were seeing with all those pics of people dying in the street in Wuhan though. Crazy propaganda.
Yes I rmemebr those videos and photos of people dead in the streets. I am not one for conspiracies especially in this day and age but it is odd no other country has had that. I guess the rational thought is that the virus was so new and unknown that perhaps people had v low oxygen levels and collapsed on the street.

Just been informed I’ll be getting my covid vaccine imminently.. I’m NHS admin with no real patient contact. I queried why I was getting so soon (we only started vaccinating last week) and I had the reply “frontline staff aren’t getting the time off the wards to attend their vaccine appts so we have plenty going spare” 😱😱😱 where is the sense in that?!?!
I know of lots of non frontline NHS staff who have ‘jumped the queue’ and gotten vaccines. Really gets my goat!

Reactions: 4
I am so pissed that hardly anyone is standing up to China and pointed the blame directly at them. There is so much evidence of medics saying that they were told to keep the outbreak quiet and it just spread and spread. If it was another country that caused this there would be hell to pay. God knows I dislike Trump but at least he actually called out China and the WHO. I think Boris has said something but it needs to be much more impactful. Surely sanctions against the government?
Seriously, duck China. (Their government obviously, not the people). The quicker Winnie the Pooh and his cronies are kicked to the curb the better.

Sometimes I wish I'd not read stuff on here...blood clots, thickening blood like tar, EVERYONE seems to know someone that has covid now..... it all seems as scary as it was in March atm and I hate it. Think I will take a break from the thread for a bit.
Sending love to all ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I am so pissed that hardly anyone is standing up to China and pointed the blame directly at them. There is so much evidence of medics saying that they were told to keep the outbreak quiet and it just spread and spread. If it was another country that caused this there would be hell to pay. God knows I dislike Trump but at least he actually called out China and the WHO. I think Boris has said something but it needs to be much more impactful. Surely sanctions against the government?
Seriously, duck China. (Their government obviously, not the people). The quicker Winnie the Pooh and his cronies are kicked to the curb the better.
Hmm. It isn't so black and white.

Have a read of my post. Covid19 was found in European sewage going as far back as March 2019.

• Wow
As for the poll and holidays. I'm looking towards 2022. I plan on saving up and taking one when I know we'll be allowed to mix with people and do all the normal things. Maybe even splurge for a first class ticket and a nice hotel room/airbnb/etc. I know we will get there!

Reactions: 15
Sometimes I wish I'd not read stuff on here...blood clots, thickening blood like tar, EVERYONE seems to know someone that has covid now..... it all seems as scary as it was in March atm and I hate it. Think I will take a break from the thread for a bit.
Sending love to all ♥
It’s tough at the moment and mental well-being is so important. I’ve stopped watching the Covid updates on the news because I just burst into tears. Look after yourself lovely ❤

Reactions: 9
As for the poll and holidays. I'm looking towards 2022. I plan on saving up and taking one when I know we'll be allowed to mix with people and do all the normal things. Maybe even splurge for a first class ticket and a nice hotel room/airbnb/etc. I know we will get there!
I'm missing my holidays so much, getting out there enjoying life and more than anything meeting people. I hope you find your dream holiday next year and have a fabulous time. 💖

Reactions: 7
I know of lots of non frontline NHS staff who have ‘jumped the queue’ and gotten vaccines. Really gets my goat!
I volunteer at the local hospital for the vaccinations and all of the dr’s reception staff who are helping have been vaccinated. However lots of the nurses have been called in at short notice to have it at the end of the weekend session. There were 6 of us volunteers who also got it right at the end as some people did not turn up. They did however do their best to call in as many health and social care workers as possible. At one point we were running around the car park getting people in ASAP as the vaccine had to be used within 10 mins. We also had the Oxford vaccine which was used for some patients.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.