Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #79

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is just what they shouldn't do in my opinion. I can accept them changing their minds about restrictions as numbers change. But the decision on vaccine prioritisation should stay put, at least until they catch up with themselves. This isn't a game, and they can't play with people's health.
They shouldn’t, but they are. They will continue to do so. They never even mention the side effects for the millions of people staying at home doing as they have been told. I don’t condone people having Raves and mass gatherings but I can‘t get hot under the collar anymore about people going for a walk and popping for a takeaway coffee.

Reactions: 13
I understand why it needs to be done and I'm still 100% following the rules but realistically how much longer can they keep families apart? It's absolutely crippling me to be honest.
I feel exactly the same - my heart breaks if I think about it too much and for too long. I have a 10 month old that has barely met any of her family 😪

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Everyone here knows i follow the rules
I supported schools closure
We done everything as household we were told to do.
Hardly seen family
Been negatively impacted by mockdown 2 and lockdown 3.
Didn't meet up with anyone at xmas.
Didn't Boris say when be cancelxmas meets that treat Easter like the new Christmas and see family then or did I imagine that?

What I am cheesed off about now is this debate over schools at feb clearly it be daft open up then and Easter far more likely.

Lack financial support now they at home outgoings increase but income dipped in lockdown as not everyone's lucky get furlough.
I want to know when non essential retail can open.

I do feel sad year 6 for 2nd child is bit crap.
That my toddler has no toddler freinds and misses ballet.

So many things in media that wound me up this week.
I'm sick of misery propaganda on BBC around hospitals.
If I have to see another old person on the news be jabbed I scream once you seen 1 old person have a jab you seen them all.
Freaky propaganda ads look them in the eyes breaking rules costs lives.
Joggers are likely to have covid
Ironically asa i too issue with joggers infected covid and breaking rules costs lives ad.

The constant contradictions

Zoe and official figures say covid falling.
React and ons say its rising

I have issues over 12 week gap in phizzer its like one big mass trial bo one agreed to.

Head border police saying airports more dangerous than super market.
Theres no easy way guarantee and confirm they had test before arrival in uk.
Also no way verify address and if they truly will quarantine.
So I do feel borders should be shut.

Hancock letting his mouth run away with him and again and causing fear and panic.
So far this week hes said

Latest strain more deadly and South African possibly vaccine resistant.
Patrick valence looked so angry at press conference when asked about that.
Now he's fear mongering with new unidentified variants.
The man really needs use his self isolating time to decorate that red study be films in bit grim.

Reactions: 14
Everyone here knows i follow the rules
I supported schools closure
We done everything as household we were told to do.
Hardly seen family
Been negatively impacted by mockdown 2 and lockdown 3.
Didn't meet up with anyone at xmas.
Didn't Boris say when be cancelxmas meets that treat Easter like the new Christmas and see family then or did I imagine that?

What I am cheesed off about now is this debate over schools at feb clearly it be daft open up then and Easter far more likely.

Lack financial support now they at home outgoings increase but income dipped in lockdown as not everyone's lucky get furlough.
I want to know when non essential retail can open.

I do feel sad year 6 for 2nd child is bit crap.
That my toddler has no toddler freinds and misses ballet.

So many things in media that wound me up this week.
I'm sick of misery propaganda on BBC around hospitals.
If I have to see another old person on the news be jabbed I scream once you seen 1 old person have a jab you seen them all.
Freaky propaganda ads look them in the eyes breaking rules costs lives.
Joggers are likely to have covid
Ironically asa i too issue with joggers infected covid and breaking rules costs lives ad.

The constant contradictions

Zoe and official figures say covid falling.
React and ons say its rising

I have issues over 12 week gap in phizzer its like one big mass trial bo one agreed to.

Head border police saying airports more dangerous than super market.
Theres no easy way guarantee and confirm they had test before arrival in uk.
Also no way verify address and if they truly will quarantine.
So I do feel borders should be shut.

Hancock letting his mouth run away with him and again and causing fear and panic.
So far this week hes said

Latest strain more deadly and South African possibly vaccine resistant.
Patrick valence looked so angry at press conference when asked about that.
Now he's fear mongering with new unidentified variants.
The man really needs use his self isolating time to decorate that red study be films in bit grim.
I’m starting to believe they get a kick out of telling us all the negative news - it’s okay for them, they aren’t on furlough and can still “travel for work purposes”. Most people I know now are on furlough or have been forced to work from home, some with poor internet access or lack of support.

Matt Hancock speaking from his comfy home saying he hasn’t left the house even now he can for essential purposes as he hasn’t had to - good for you Matt but not everyone has that choice.

I really want to support and believe the government, but lately it just feels like the gap between the general public and them is getting wider and wider. They are not relatable anymore in the slightest.

Reactions: 7
As if I wasn't already in enough of a mood today I've just watched 2 large families go inside next doors house.

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
As if I wasn't already in enough of a mood today I've just watched 2 large families go inside next doors house.
My brother is attending a dinner party tonight because "it doesn't matter stop being dramatic". We have a reasonably estranged sibling relationship anyway, and I cannot decide if I'm petty enough to report him. I think I probably am. What's the point in having rules if people are going to keep breaking them? My brothers attitude is " if I die I die who cares" he's only 26 but he's in a vulnerable risk category. Idiotic.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
My brother is attending a dinner party tonight because "it doesn't matter stop being dramatic". We have a reasonably estranged sibling relationship anyway, and I cannot decide if I'm petty enough to report him. I think I probably am. What's the point in having rules if people are going to keep breaking them? My brothers attitude is " if I die I die who cares" he's only 26 but he's in a vulnerable risk category. Idiotic.
My brothers similar. Nothings changed for him except the pubs being closed so now he just goes to his mates or they go to his. I don’t say anything as he’s really volatile but what annoys me is he sees his little boy at weekends and I don’t know whether he is classed as vulnerable but I do know he’s had breathing difficulties since birth and spent almost his entire first year in hospital. He is still in and out. His mum is the same, still seeing her friends. I really worry about my little nephew but what can you do 🤷🏻‍♀️😕

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
Sorry I know this isn’t the conspiracy thread but take a look at @quinnblakeyhairdressing on Instagram if you’re bored and need a laugh. Crazy ideas.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Personally I'd report him - maybe it's petty but the more people do things like this, the more other people are at risk. It's not fair at all 😔

Reactions: 8
My brother and my sister are the same. They've continued seeing people throughout, had multiple parties and actually told me that it isn't there fault that I'm vulnerable so why should they have to suffer? I cut all ties with them after that remark.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Maybe they need to be extending isolation instead of reducing it

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Sorry I know this isn’t the conspiracy thread but take a look at @quinnblakeyhairdressing on Instagram if you’re bored and need a laugh. Crazy ideas.
She’s an idiot. The local newspaper here are always posting about her.

Reactions: 2
My best friend called me last night. Her daughter (who is my eldest's best friend) is really struggling with depression. She's 7 years old.

My daughter was the same during the first lockdown, became very withdrawn etc.

I am seriously considering letting the daughter come here for an hour one day.

7 year olds with depression is a very sad sorry state of affairs 😢😢
Absolutely do it! My son was showing signs of being depressed in the first lockdown, so I thought sod it I’ll let him go round his friends, and I’m SO glad I did, the difference an hour made! I don’t give a sod about the “rules” And I’ll do it again and again if it means my son is happy 👏🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 10
This. It really isn't a conspiracy. Whilst flu deaths are down, people are still dying from flu.
Surely they need better testing for staff? Visits aren’t allowed at the moment as far as I know, so prisoners must be catching it from staff and then it spreads like wildfire? I know through someone who is in prison at the moment that they are very restricted in how and when they are allowed out of their cell and only very small bubbles of people are allowed out to use facilities at one time. I do think prisoners should be vaccinated sooner rather than later or at least no further behind their “free” age group counterparts, purely because of the logistics in managing cases that require hospitalisation.

Reactions: 2
Maybe they need to be extending isolation instead of reducing it
I feel like at some point NZ or Australia will get a bit "cocky" and it will come back to bite them and they will have a lot of Covid.
It happened to provinces here who had minimal cases last summer and kept going on as normal, then boom, it hit them really bad. The people I know who live in Aus do not have to wear masks at all (not sure if that is a regional thing) and are going to festivals and race events of thousands of people.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.