Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #79

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To those who were following my relationship posts. He dumped me by text this afternoon and then blocked me on everything before we could even discuss it. I had some things of his here so I drove round to give them back and hopefully get some closure and nobody would answer the door, so I just left them on the doorstep and went home again. It’s the way he has handled it that is the most messed up part. I’d rather know if this is level of respect for me now than later. I’ve dodged a bullet in that way. What a mess. 🙁
onwards and upwards to you. I broke up with a man child a year ago and once the upset subsides, the sense of relief and peace is everything. the joke is on him!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
To those who were following my relationship posts. He dumped me by text this afternoon and then blocked me on everything before we could even discuss it. I had some things of his here so I drove round to give them back and hopefully get some closure and nobody would answer the door, so I just left them on the doorstep and went home again. It’s the way he has handled it that is the most messed up part. I’d rather know if this is level of respect for me now than later. I’ve dodged a bullet in that way. What a mess. 🙁
I’m sorry to hear you’ve gone through this. What an idiot!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Shouldn’t we by now have better data on whether the vaccine stops you from passing the virus on? I know time will tell but between the thousands involved in trials and early roll out data surely they can tell by now?!
And better data as to whether asymptomatic transmission is definitely a thing?
The whole vaccination for the 2 vaccines we currently have access to is 1 big trial .
We don't get moderna until April.
I think phizer and moderna are similar
But Oxford is very different.

By changing the vaccination against manufacturers guidelines/ current trial and lots doctors saying no they want 6week gap for phizzer makes me feel uneasy.

All we heard from valence and other scientists is we think it will probably be OK.
The efficiency could be 30 to 80% with just 1 dose.
Thats one hell of gamble.

They don't know if stops transmission.

Vaccination were only thing we got right.
Europe is delayed supplies and limited due to not authorising Oxford and macron pushing they buy french one Sanofi which is not ready and modern not untl spring.
I think I read Ireland 🇮🇪 can get Oxford but they not authorised to use it yet hungary can get fed up waiting and buy some Russian vaccine.
Its amazing how many vaccines they have.
Not sure how good Russian one is they still have high cases.
Cuba has invented 4 and working with Iran.
Theres 2nd UK vaccine too.

I do think we have to stop international travel to avoid new varients but also support British tourism this year.

The thought being lockdown until July depressing thought.

Reactions: 2
I wonder what affect the reduction in isolation is having on cases, if any at all. I would be really interested to see the figures on that.

Lady local to me makes things to sell, very successful little business, she currently has covid, has been complaining of really bad headaches and coughing lots. Anyway she's made some bits up, for people to collect from her doorstep, I was certain the comments would be full of 'er thanks but no thanks, you have covid, it could be on your items'
But no, 27 people commented asking for them 😳
Theres actually some data evidenced from oz on that about travellers from UK staying in quarantine hotel possibly new varient 10days but after they left had the virus.
So think Australians increase quarantine back upto 14days.
To be honest we reduced in hope we could get more people to quarantine as many were not and most get within 5days but scientifically its 14days in most places.
I also don't understand private tests at airports 2 tests within 5days then you can fly.

Reactions: 3
Shouldn’t we by now have better data on whether the vaccine stops you from passing the virus on? I know time will tell but between the thousands involved in trials and early roll out data surely they can tell by now?!
And better data as to whether asymptomatic transmission is definitely a thing?
Jonathan Van Tam the other week said give me two or three months. I like JVT he didn't try to avoid the question and was decent enough to give a time frame. By that point (March) they will have data from millions of vaccinated people over a good length of time and then we will know more by spring.

Reactions: 11
When do we think schools will re open? I’m guessing it won’t be anytime before March.

Reactions: 1
I wonder what affect the reduction in isolation is having on cases, if any at all. I would be really interested to see the figures on that.

Lady local to me makes things to sell, very successful little business, she currently has covid, has been complaining of really bad headaches and coughing lots. Anyway she's made some bits up, for people to collect from her doorstep, I was certain the comments would be full of 'er thanks but no thanks, you have covid, it could be on your items'
But no, 27 people commented asking for them 😳
This is so irresponsible, they’ve made it clear that covid can stay on surfaces, she has covid so it’s likely to be on some of the things she’s prepared and left on her doorstep!
I currently offer a “click and collect” style doorstep drop off and collection service for my self employed business but I quarantine the things people drop off for 72 hours before I even look at them and there’s no way in hell I would let anyone collect anything from me if I even suspected I had covid, yet alone confirmed!!

Reactions: 5
Jonathan Van Tam the other week said give me two or three months. I like JVT he didn't try to avoid the question and was decent enough to give a time frame. By that point (March) they will have data from millions of vaccinated people over a good length of time and then we will know more by spring.
I don’t know why but I really like Jon Van Tam! I love the way he explains everything, it’s so much clearer than the others.

Reactions: 10
I think we all want a timeframe but we won’t get one because of all the moving parts.

they need to stop travel-and give us the best chance possible.

the 15th Feb date has now become meaningless. At first I was looking forward to some progress by this date instead we are as muddled as ever.
This one dose vaccination is a trial, nothing else. We have absolutely no certainty that this was the correct decision.

I don’t know why but I really like Jon Van Tam! I love the way he explains everything, it’s so much clearer than the others.
I used to warm
To him - now I find him a little swarmy. Totally unfair I know

Reactions: 3
I like that he seems to be a bit rebellious. So he's the one who you can tell doesn't agree with the government amd isn't afraid of speaking out, unlike Whitty (sorry Whitty fans😂)
His sniffing is annoying though. I call him sniffy man 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Totally agree. Boris can keep Professor Doom and Professor Gloom for his briefings as I prefer Hancock getting JVT and Professor Stephen Powis. They explain it well but give some hope.

Six days in a row with an increase on jabs given. I just hope my mum hasn't had her letter lost in the post as five million where being sent out to over 70s this week and she's not got it yet.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.