Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #79

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One of the issues I've had with the calls for certain groups to be prioritised for the vaccine is who do you de prioritise? If you bump up teachers you have to bump down some one.

Criminal defence solicitors are poorly paid and work in awful conditions that are not safe but no one cares. You should also vaccinate prisoners. Not for their sake but for prison officers who don't get a choice. Choosing Bellfield is a poor example but it's not him you are protecting.
Yes I agree with what you say here, I mean I often wondered how many times prison officers probably get spit on.

I really don't get what your point is. Are you saying that they are classifying flu deaths as covid. I'm not sure about other trusts but we swab our women against covid 18, influenza a and influenza b. We have had an big increase in the flu vaccine and the measures taken to prevent covid spread have worked for flu as flu is less infectious than covid.
Agreed.

I really don’t get why the lower cases/deaths from flu “proves” anything untoward. It’s almost like the actions we’ve taken to stop Covid (social distancing, masks, generally staying away from others) also stops the spread of the flu?!

Reactions: 9
What occurred to me is that we are following the science with regards to keeping us locked down, but we are ignoring the science by choosing to delay the second dose of vaccine. We either follow the science or we don’t. We can’t use it just to suit our agenda.

Reactions: 23
Agreed.

I really don’t get why the lower cases/deaths from flu “proves” anything untoward. It’s almost like the actions we’ve taken to stop Covid (social distancing, masks, generally staying away from others) also stops the spread of the flu?!
But is not stopped the spread of covid or the common cold...
Yes you could argue that covid is more transmissible than flu, but not the common cold

Reactions: 1
Hmmm yes maybe however is it any residential facility or is it specifically residential facilities for older/vulnerable adults? So therefore more at risk from the virus? Or is it just places where people live in groups?

I don’t know, he’s an awful example. On the whole I’m for prisoners rights and I know they are humans too and need to be considered, but he is such a vile individual it’s hard for me to look at him objectively.
That filth is classed as vulnerable due to existing medical health issue however the strange thing is he's in the same prison as thst other bit of filth, ian huntley, who has had a string of ill health in the last few years, but no mention of him getting it.

Matt HanCOCK saying people shouldn’t be partying in Dubai on Andrew Marr 😂

Reactions: 7
Israeli health minister saying the pfizer vaccine data does not suggest the protection is poor after the first dose (which was rumoured in press this week)

Reactions: 8
I think what would be interesting to know is how prevalent covid was in the homes before the jab, or what their covid stats were. Ie, had they suffered with large numbers previously.
I live in an area where we nearly topped the covid charts, yet I know of many homes that have managed to keep covid completely out of care homes, or only had isolated cases which they could control. So if they suddenly started to die after the first jab, or suddenly had high covid numbers then questions could be asked about the jab.
Let's not forget that care staff are tested very regularly, so if they're all coming back negative, where has covid and these deaths come from

Reactions: 4
Yes you could argue that covid is more transmissible than flu, but not the common cold
Covid is far more infectious then flu. So it stands to reason that flu rates will be more affected by the restrictions.

In terms of colds I can't find data but from a purely anecdotal point we have had far less colds. Colleagues aren't coming in with colds as they stay at home u tilt why have a negative test. We don't have the school germs either. the things I've not missed from social distancing are the absence of colds and nits. Thank you covid 😆

Reactions: 11
It has to an extent. If we hadn’t done any of those measures then we’d see thousands more people dying.

The common cold is still spread by people. If you limit your contacts or even don’t see anyone, you’re not going to catch the cold/flu.

Anyway, this whole “flu deaths being counted as covid” has been argued over a million times on these threads and I just cba 😂

Hancock said this morning he’s hoping schools will open by Easter... that seems so long away. I don’t have kids but have many teacher friends who aren’t happy...

Reactions: 5
Covid is far more infectious then flu. So it stands to reason that flu rates will be more affected by the restrictions.

In terms of colds I can't find data but from a purely anecdotal point we have had far less colds. Colleagues aren't coming in with colds as they stay at home u tilt why have a negative test. We don't have the school germs either. the things I've not missed from social distancing are the absence of colds and nits. Thank you covid 😆
Haha!! And stomach bugs! 😂
Thing is we have had copious amounts of other respiratory illness, we can see that in the test results. For example say 400,000 people are being tested because they have symptoms and 30 odd thousand of them are coming back as covid. Surely that says that normal germs can be spread about regardless of distancing/ masks

Reactions: 6
One of my best friends is a prison officer and covid is absolutely rife around their prison. The majority of prisoners have it. They locked down the prison (it’s low cat) and it caused riots and the prisoners were kicking off massively. She ended up getting punched trying to get someone in from the exercise yard and it took another prisoner to pull him away from her!! It’s her first year on the job and said it’s been hell. She’s had covid twice, both times from work as she doesn’t go anywhere else due to her high exposure. I do think prisoners should be vaccinated but more for the sake of the prison officers than anything else.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

Get ready for civil unrest on streets all over the country if that happens.
I don’t think it means full on lockdown till September, but to extend the emergency powers until then? We will probably still have some level of restrictions come September :unsure: I agree though if it was full lockdown till then I’d be out there rioting too!

Reactions: 12
Haha!! And stomach bugs! 😂
Thing is we have had copious amounts of other respiratory illness, we can see that in the test results. For example say 400,000 people are being tested because they have symptoms and 30 odd thousand of them are coming back as covid. Surely that says that normal germs can be spread about regardless of distancing/ masks
Of course, viruses can still spread. We are not living in sterile bubbles. Which to me just further underlines why social distancing,ask wearing correctly is important. Its not 100 percent, look up the Swiss cheese model. Its not about elimination but reduction.

But flu isn't being classified as covid.

Reactions: 6
Whilst they’re throwing money around and letting the national debt rack up with every day in lockdown. I’d really welcome someone with the purse strings to tell me what exactly will be spent and out in place for next winter, in fact the next ten winters, to ensure our NHS isn’t quite so on the brink of collapse. This can’t have come as a huge shock to the government but it’s the one thing they’ve stayed quiet about (shock!) - how much easier this would have been to manage if our NHS was better managed & had more funding in some areas. God knows it’s going to need resources and money thrown with the amount of people waiting for treatment for conditions that will get worse. I’m sick of it being the elephant in the room and nobody’s uttering a word of what the plan is for the precious NHS that we’re all living in misery to save, because soon people are going to think they’d sooner take their chances on a bed IF they need one than live like this. It’s not only our job to save the NHS - it’s the government’s - and their silence on this topic speaks very loudly.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Whilst they’re throwing money around and letting the national debt rack up with every day in lockdown. I’d really welcome someone with the purse strings to tell me what exactly will be spent and out in place for next winter, in fact the next ten winters, to ensure our NHS isn’t quite so on the brink of collapse. This can’t have come as a huge shock to the government but it’s the one thing they’ve stayed quiet about (shock!) - how much easier this would have been to manage if our NHS was better managed & had more funding in some areas. God knows it’s going to need resources and money thrown with the amount of people waiting for treatment for conditions that will get worse. I’m sick of it being the elephant in the room and nobody’s uttering a word of what the plan is for the precious NHS that we’re all living in misery to save, because soon people are going to think they’d sooner take their chances on a bed IF they need one than live like this. It’s not only our job to save the NHS - it’s the government’s - and their silence on this topic speaks very loudly.
Here bleeping here!!!! 👏

Of course, viruses can still spread. We are not living in sterile bubbles. Which to me just further underlines why social distancing,ask wearing correctly is important. Its not 100 percent, look up the Swiss cheese model. Its not about elimination but reduction.

But flu isn't being classified as covid.
I agree to a point. Not everyone with flu will be counted as a covid death, however once admitted to hospital with flu then you stand a very high chance of catching covid, as we know that 25% (I think it was) of infections happen once admitted. So if a person was taken in with flu, then caught covid and died then that would go down as a covid stat. Not necessarily have died off covid, but with. That would then bring the flu deaths down.

I'm not anti mask, and I can see the benefits of wearing one to help reduction though

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.