Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #79

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whilst they’re throwing money around and letting the national debt rack up with every day in lockdown. I’d really welcome someone with the purse strings to tell me what exactly will be spent and out in place for next winter, in fact the next ten winters, to ensure our NHS isn’t quite so on the brink of collapse. This can’t have come as a huge shock to the government but it’s the one thing they’ve stayed quiet about (shock!) - how much easier this would have been to manage if our NHS was better managed & had more funding in some areas. God knows it’s going to need resources and money thrown with the amount of people waiting for treatment for conditions that will get worse. I’m sick of it being the elephant in the room and nobody’s uttering a word of what the plan is for the precious NHS that we’re all living in misery to save, because soon people are going to think they’d sooner take their chances on a bed IF they need one than live like this. It’s not only our job to save the NHS - it’s the government’s - and their silence on this topic speaks very loudly.
Honestly can’t see anything been done about it , worked 10 years for them and we have always had the winter pressures and contengicies and code red and code black

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I agree to a point. Not everyone with flu will be counted as a covid death, however once admitted to hospital with flu then you stand a very high chance of catching covid, as we know that 25% (I think it was) of infections happen once admitted. So if a person was taken in with flu, then caught covid and died then that would go down as a covid stat. Not necessarily have died off covid, but with. That would then bring the flu deaths down.

I'm not anti mask, and I can see the benefits of wearing one to help reduction though
But that person may not have died of the flu. However covid on top of flu was too much. So it is a death caused by covid. If flu has been identified it would also go on the death certificate as a contributing cause.

Honestly can’t see anything been done about it , worked 10 years for them and we have always had the winter pressures and contengicies and code red and code black
The NHS says we bleeping told you so 🙄😆

Reactions: 6
I agree to a point. Not everyone with flu will be counted as a covid death, however once admitted to hospital with flu then you stand a very high chance of catching covid, as we know that 25% (I think it was) of infections happen once admitted. So if a person was taken in with flu, then caught covid and died then that would go down as a covid stat. Not necessarily have died off covid, but with. That would then bring the flu deaths down.

I'm not anti mask, and I can see the benefits of wearing one to help reduction though
I could be wrong so happy to be corrected

we order two different tests for influenza and for covid on order entry
The covid swabs are ran through the pcr equipment looking for the 3 identifiers in the covid virus for it to be postive
The influenza tests are ran and tested on a diff way

so if positive for influenza but neg for covid I get the impression it’s not a stat

Reactions: 5
“This is how we’ve always done it” is the motto of the NHS 😂

Reactions: 2
I could be wrong so happy to be corrected

we order two different tests for influenza and for covid on order entry
The covid swabs are ran through the pcr equipment looking for the 3 identifiers in the covid virus for it to be postive
The influenza tests are ran and tested on a diff way

so if positive for influenza but neg for covid I get the impression it’s not a stat
This is what happens here. We are still testing for all women for flu. Our flu numbers are reduced this year.

Whilst they’re throwing money around and letting the national debt rack up with every day in lockdown. I’d really welcome someone with the purse strings to tell me what exactly will be spent and out in place for next winter, in fact the next ten winters, to ensure our NHS isn’t quite so on the brink of collapse. This can’t have come as a huge shock to the government but it’s the one thing they’ve stayed quiet about (shock!) - how much easier this would have been to manage if our NHS was better managed & had more funding in some areas. God knows it’s going to need resources and money thrown with the amount of people waiting for treatment for conditions that will get worse. I’m sick of it being the elephant in the room and nobody’s uttering a word of what the plan is for the precious NHS that we’re all living in misery to save, because soon people are going to think they’d sooner take their chances on a bed IF they need one than live like this. It’s not only our job to save the NHS - it’s the government’s - and their silence on this topic speaks very loudly.
Absolutely couldn't agree more!!! Everyone should see it as their duty to take strain off the NHS. They wouldn't be under so much pressure without Covid if people lived healthier. Everyone should look at their lifestyle and think of the pressure they put on the NHS now if something went wrong with them or in the future when you go down the drain. Two of the biggest pressures on the NHS are people who smoke and people who are overweight.

Reactions: 4
I really don't get what your point is. Are you saying that they are classifying flu deaths as covid. I'm not sure about other trusts but we swab our women against covid 18, influenza a and influenza b. We have had an big increase in the flu vaccine and the measures taken to prevent covid spread have worked for flu as flu is less infectious then covid.

As for dementia there has been a 52.2% increase in excess deaths of people dying of dementia (5,404 excess deaths of people with dementia).

Is this in a maternity unit @Platypusfattypus ? Have you always swabbed for flu or is this a recent thing since covid?

I often wonder if we really know the true number of flu cases due to people recovering at home without medical attention and also people who mistake a cold for flu .

If the patient tests pos for flu and covid and passes away both will be cited on the death certificate.

How do you know which one would have killed them? Perhaps the flu was taking its toll on their body therefore once covid hit, it was just too much. Many people die with multiple contributing factors.

Is this in a maternity unit @Platypusfattypus ? Have you always swabbed for flu or is this a recent thing since covid?

I often wonder if we really know the true number of flu cases due to people recovering at home without medical attention and also people who mistake a cold for flu .
Before this pandemic we only swabbed women who were unwell during flu season. Routine testing on everyone was not done. Yes it's maternity.

Reactions: 1
Sunderland nightingale (never opened or treated anyone) is opening as another mass vaccination centre

Reactions: 7
That filth is classed as vulnerable due to existing medical health issue however the strange thing is he's in the same prison as thst other bit of filth, ian huntley, who has had a string of ill health in the last few years, but no mention of him getting it.

2 outbreaks in the prison recently. 2 wings were classed as active outbreak sites. My guess would be they are vaccinating those wings first

If the patient tests pos for flu and covid and passes away both will be cited on the death certificate.

How do you know which one would have killed them? Perhaps the flu was taking its toll on their body therefore once covid hit, it was just too much. Many people die with multiple contributing factors.
This. It really isn't a conspiracy. Whilst flu deaths are down, people are still dying from flu.

Reactions: 4

Get ready for civil unrest on streets all over the country if that happens.
There's absolutely no way this will happen. Come May, we'll be opening back up again. Rule of 6. Restaurants and bars open. Shops open. You'll be able to go on holiday... They'll be travel corridors again... Tories care a lot about the economy. Vaccines will have hopefully massively stepped up and the top 6 tiers will have their jabs..... I predict we'll still have to wear masks nd SD and possibly restrictions again for the winter....

This is of course unless the new varients get past.the vaccine, then we're up tit creek without a paddle!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
There's absolutely no way this will happen. Come May, we'll be opening back up again. Rule of 6. Restaurants and bars open. Shops open. You'll be able to go on holiday... They'll be travel corridors again... Tories care a lot about the economy. Vaccines will have hopefully massively stepped up and the top 6 tiers will have their jabs..... I predict we'll still have to wear masks nd SD and possibly restrictions again for the winter....

This is of course unless the new varients get past.the vaccine, then we're up tit creek without a paddle!
All top 9 tiers should have had at least one jab by the end of March unless supplies are rubbish. All over 50s and vulnerable really should have had both jabs by the end of May. Anything less is poor protection of lives.

Does that mean then that they're being counted as 2 deaths?
That surely can't help the excess deaths toll we have

• Haha
Does that mean then that they're being counted as 2 deaths?
That surely can't help the excess deaths toll we have
Doctors normally decide on death certificates which is the primary cause for death and then under secondary , you put down any contributing causes

But is not stopped the spread of covid or the common cold...
Yes you could argue that covid is more transmissible than flu, but not the common cold
This is what don’t understand! We’ve had the common cold four times since September!! Covid tested each time as I was baffled as to how we caught it!

I understand why it needs to be done and I'm still 100% following the rules but realistically how much longer can they keep families apart? It's absolutely crippling me to be honest.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Doctors normally decide on death certificates which is the primary cause for death and then under secondary , you put down any contributing causes
Yes but every person that dies with covid is counted, we know this for certain. So are they being counted firstly as a flu death because that's what killed them, and then a covid death because they had it when they died?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.