Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #79

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well I thought the same for the Ripper but not everyone agrees that they should be treated any differently , they may vaccinate prisoners as it would be a breeding ground and trying to keep tabs on dangerous criminals in a hospital setting would take a lot of resources .

Yeah but they're not vaccing younger people in the Uk and they're not guaranteeing the elderly a second dose at 3 months the effect could be waned by then.
Tbf I know when I did my research papers , in 2020, 53% of the nhs workforce is under 45 so there will be a good chunk of the younger generation getting the vaccine early and that’s not even taking into consideration the care sector

Reactions: 5
I’m not getting into the “prisoners rights” debate, and of course the bigger picture is to protect prison staff too. I just have very strong feelings towards monsters like Bellfield.

Reactions: 8
Tbf I know when I did my research papers , in 2020, 53% of the nhs workforce is under 45 so there will be a good chunk of the younger generation getting the vaccine early and that’s not even taking into consideration the care sector
It’s the community I’m thinking on as they need 70% if the population vacced for any effect to be felt but it may help the hospitals if it’s found to last longer than 6 weeks?

6 months of restrictions for the ROI

• Wow
Reactions: 1
That's a very good point. So many carers and vulnerable people are young too, so there will be a good widespread age range who will become vaccinated along with the elderly. This in turn will speed up the process as they call up people who are younger because there'll be less to jab.

Hope I've explained clearly.

Reactions: 4

Peter Hitchens can always be relied on for a good column but for whatever reason comments are not allowed. His Twitter account is always a good read too. It's amazing how so few flu cases are being recorded this winter. Anyone would think the cases are being recorded under something different. Look at the amount of deaths from those with serious illnesses such as dementia has plummeted. It's almost as if those that would have died did so earlier than expected from not being protected better in their care homes.

Reactions: 6
@Emxxx move to this thread if you want to carry on the convo so we don’t get into trouble for rerailing Brogies 😂

Its crazy, a friend of mine’s other half has tested positive, they feel like absolute dog tit and went for a test themselves and is negative 🤷🏼‍♀️
I dont trust the testing at all if im honest xx

Reactions: 2
I dont trust the testing at all if im honest xx
I feel it’s very efficient and easy to get a test but the whole false negative worries me! 🤞🏻 The roll out of vaccines keeps going well and sooner we are out of this mess the better ☺

I feel it’s very efficient and easy to get a test but the whole false negative worries me! 🤞🏻 The roll out of vaccines keeps going well and sooner we are out of this mess the better ☺
Yes! I have a wedding which has been postponed twice so really need it to do one now tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Peter Hitchens can always be relied on for a good column but for whatever reason comments are not allowed. His Twitter account is always a good read too. It's amazing how so few flu cases are being recorded this winter. Anyone would think the cases are being recorded under something different. Look at the amount of deaths from those with serious illnesses such as dementia has plummeted. It's almost as if those that would have died did so earlier than expected from not being protected better in their care homes.
What would they be recorded under ? it is true that people have had their death hastened by the pandemic they've never made a secret of that .

Reactions: 3
This headline is a bit misleading. I thought it meant they were dying due to a bad reaction from the vaccine.

But in the article it explains they are actually dying because they only got the first dose (which takes a few weeks to work) and are getting covid and dying. So they are somehow being exposed.

"But dozens of care home residents have died with Covid after the jab, the Sunday People has discovered."

Reactions: 7
I wonder if a lot of the false negatives are down to human error when taking the test

This headline is a bit misleading. I thought it meant they were dying due to a bad reaction from the vaccine.

But in the article it explains they are actually dying because they only got the first dose (which takes a few weeks to work) and are getting covid and dying. So they are somehow being exposed.

"But dozens of care home residents have died with Covid after the jab, the Sunday People has discovered."
yeah I was saying the other day that in the care home my dad works in a lot of the residents where very ill, they were due their second dose about a week and a half ago but never got it. Not sure if any of them has passed away as my dad has been off for a few days, but hopefully not 🤞🏻. Though my dad did say they were told on Tuesday they are getting their second dose in a few weeks!

I really don't get what your point is. Are you saying that they are classifying flu deaths as covid. I'm not sure about other trusts but we swab our women against covid 18, influenza a and influenza b. We have had an big increase in the flu vaccine and the measures taken to prevent covid spread have worked for flu as flu is less infectious then covid.

As for dementia there has been a 52.2% increase in excess deaths of people dying of dementia (5,404 excess deaths of people with dementia).

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.