Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #79

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Started back at my work after a long maternity leave, was actually shocking how many customers are coming in for food, in groups and paying cash!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Am I right in thinking by April time, the vulnerable groups will have received their second dose not too mention many working age healthy frontline staff. The top 4 or 5 groups account for 95% of preventable deaths? or is it more? Around the same time the moderna vaccine will start to be administrated which is 1 dose so even more protected. Numbers will have come right down by then surely, I'm thinking tier 1 around then as someone may have previously posted. Im using april as my benchmark anyway!

Reactions: 10
They must be moving down the lists very quick
This does make me angry on first reading, but I suppose I’d rather they just do it than he take up a hospital bed and care that someone else might need.

No idea why he would be prioritised now though unless they are very worried about prison outbreaks 😬

Reactions: 2
This does make me angry on first reading, but I suppose I’d rather they just do it than he take up a hospital bed and care that someone else might need.

No idea why he would be prioritised now though unless they are very worried about prison outbreaks 😬
Maybe prisons will be on the list the same as any other residential facility ?

That made me smile. That's a huge decrease for elderly who have only had one vaccine and with covid still circulating largely.

Once as many as possible get both doses it will look wonderful.

Reactions: 5
I think there are a lot of things to consider when it comes to prison vaccinations.

Social distancing must be near impossible in that situation so an outbreak would be hard to contain. You've then got a potential outbreak infecting staff or having them off isolating which makes staffing issues a problem.

Then there's the logistics of having prisoners needing to be hospitalised. They would need to be guarded round the clock which means having officers in a more vulnerable place for catching it and takes staffing away from the prison. Not to mention the potential for escape if they were that way inclined and were able to at some point.

It might not be a popular thing to do but the bigger picture makes sense.

Reactions: 22
Maybe prisons will be on the list the same as any other residential facility ?
Hmmm yes maybe however is it any residential facility or is it specifically residential facilities for older/vulnerable adults? So therefore more at risk from the virus? Or is it just places where people live in groups?

I don’t know, he’s an awful example. On the whole I’m for prisoners rights and I know they are humans too and need to be considered, but he is such a vile individual it’s hard for me to look at him objectively.

He's right. If lockdown goes on we will have our own riots similar to what USA saw the other week. The government cannot expect people to accept this much longer after already losing nearly a year of our lives.

Reactions: 9

That made me smile. That's a huge decrease for elderly who have only had one vaccine and with covid still circulating largely.

Once as many as possible get both doses it will look wonderful.
It's only based on 23days data and they're still strict measures in place ,the true community data will come once they allow people to mix again they said.

It's only based on 23days data and they're still strict measures in place ,the true community data will come once they allow people to mix again they said.
Elderly have the worst immune systems for the vaccine to work so that's a big decrease for one jab so a second will put it down further and younger people with a better immune system should go down by a bigger percentage with one dose.

Hmmm yes maybe however is it any residential facility or is it specifically residential facilities for older/vulnerable adults? So therefore more at risk from the virus? Or is it just places where people live in groups?

I don’t know, he’s an awful example. On the whole I’m for prisoners rights and I know they are humans too and need to be considered, but he is such a vile individual it’s hard for me to look at him objectively.
Well I thought the same for the Ripper but not everyone agrees that they should be treated any differently , they may vaccinate prisoners as it would be a breeding ground and trying to keep tabs on dangerous criminals in a hospital setting would take a lot of resources .

Elderly have the worst immune systems for the vaccine to work so that's a big decrease for one jab so a second will put it down further and younger people with a better immune system should go down by a bigger percentage with one dose.
Yeah but they're not vaccing younger people in the Uk and they're not guaranteeing the elderly a second dose at 3 months the effect could be waned by then.

Well I thought the same for the Ripper but not everyone agrees that they should be treated any differently , they may vaccinate prisoners as it would be a breeding ground and trying to keep tabs on dangerous criminals in a hospital setting would take a lot of resources .
I think he should be vaccinated of course but I assumed it would be in line with age like everyone else, rather than being priority. I hadn’t really considered the prison logistics but I guess it makes sense.

They have obviously picked him for the headline because he is so hated and it will get an emotional response, which has worked.

Reactions: 3
I think he should be vaccinated of course but I assumed it would be in line with age like everyone else, rather than being priority. I hadn’t really considered the prison logistics but I guess it makes sense.

They have obviously picked him for the headline because he is so hated and it will get an emotional response, which has worked.
Maybe he has an underlying condition ? haven't they started vaccing that group in England ?

One of the issues I've had with the calls for certain groups to be prioritised for the vaccine is who do you de prioritise? If you bump up teachers you have to bump down some one.

Criminal defence solicitors are poorly paid and work in awful conditions that are not safe but no one cares. You should also vaccinate prisoners. Not for their sake but for prison officers who don't get a choice. Choosing Bellfield is a poor example but it's not him you are protecting.

Reactions: 8
Does anyone have a clue why it's "not at all shady, honest" Robert Jenrick, housing minister, that is answering questions on the vaccine now?

I know twit Mancock is supposedly isolating after his walk in the park, but what's happened to Nadhim Zahawi, the invisible Minister for Vaccines?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.