Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #79

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

That will make teachers and grandparents feel safer knowing they have had the jab just like themselves.

Reactions: 1
I had the pfizer in Dec. I had a sore arm and then felt a little bit “off” a couple of days after. Nothing awful. Just as expected really!

Reactions: 5
My nan in her 70’s had the covid jab yesterday, she said she had “the french one” which I’m guessing is the Pfizer one🤣 she’s had no side effects so far apparently so that’s good. She’s booked in for the next one in April 👍

• Haha
Reactions: 17
My mum had Pfizer vaccine a few weeks ago. She too had no ill side effects to report. I hope it puts peoples minds as ease that are worried. Although I’m sure some may experience symptoms many don’t seem too.

Reactions: 9
@Happy Lady I think you were giving out about this
Yes thank you it is. Today's papers report this issue affects people living as far north as Newcastle and right down to Sheffield. One centre reported vaccinating 700 people a day, but have been told they'll now only receive 400 for the week!

MPs have joined in with supporting our region. My thoughts make me consider three things:

1. Do we (the UK) have insufficient vaccine, or if we do have enough

2. Why haven't London vaccinated as many people as planned - does it really mean that they didn't have enough vaccine or are there insufficient volunteers to give the jabs (nobody is commenting on this properly);

3. Or are they wanting to dramatically speed up vaccinating as many people as quickly as possible, because they're expecting outbreaks following the number of illegal gatherings they keep reporting on from that area.

Reactions: 6
I've had one dose of Pfizer. Only side effect I had was a sore arm for 48 hours. It was noticeably sore the day after vaccination and but eased up significantly by 48 hours post vaccination. I've heard many people don't have many side effects other than a sore arm with the first dose but are likely to have things like a headache and mild flu like symptoms after the second dose. My information sheet recommended to be prepared for this and to make sure you stay hydrated, eat, and rest. Pretty much a prescription to take it easy for a few days. I do recommend having easy to grab snacks or meals at the ready, like a nice soup or a casserole, so you don't have to cook especially if your arm is sore. My DNA is intact because my laptop still recognizes my fingerprint :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Yes thank you it is. Today's papers report this issue affects people living as far north as Newcastle and right down to Sheffield. One centre reported vaccinating 700 people a day, but have been told they'll now only receive 400 for the week!

MPs have joined in with supporting our region. My thoughts make me consider three things:

1. Do we (the UK) have insufficient vaccine, or if we do have enough

2. Why haven't London vaccinated as many people as planned - does it really mean that they didn't have enough vaccine or are there insufficient volunteers to give the jabs (nobody is commenting on this properly);

3. Or are they wanting to dramatically speed up vaccinating as many people as quickly as possible, because they're expecting outbreaks following the number of illegal gatherings they keep reporting on from that area.
Reports up here in the NE are that we’ve halved in terms of dosages, but I’ve seen Tory MPs now disputing that with evidence, and our vaccines are meant to increase the following week. As usual all political and don’t know what to believe.

Hospital admissions are down 6% week on week, the lowest daily since Jan 4th.
Cases are down 20% again week on week, that’s over a week now of drops of this kind of level.
We’ve got a long way to go and deaths are still sadly high - but also remember the daily death rate in any normal year would be higher in Jan than April so try to bear that in mind. But things ARE slowly improving. I believe the government fearmongering is exactly that and they know they really can’t afford more people becoming complacent at the moment. They also know people won’t stand for being told “just three more weeks” again and it turning in to three more months, so they’re trying to be more realistic about where we’re at. This won’t last forever. Keep your head up people... your record of getting through bad days so far is 100% ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Hospital admissions are down 6% week on week, the lowest daily since Jan 4th.
Cases are down 20% again week on week, that’s over a week now of drops of this kind of level.
We’ve got a long way to go and deaths are still sadly high - but also remember the daily death rate in any normal year would be higher in Jan than April so try to bear that in mind. But things ARE slowly improving. I believe the government fearmongering is exactly that and they know they really can’t afford more people becoming complacent at the moment. They also know people won’t stand for being told “just three more weeks” again and it turning in to three more months, so they’re trying to be more realistic about where we’re at. This won’t last forever. Keep your head up people... your record of getting through bad days so far is 100% ❤
I needed this! I just want an exit date or a freedom for 4 days date or something to aim for. The weather is horrible this coming week - so no walks etc. Just need a boost.

Reactions: 5
I needed this! I just want an exit date or a freedom for 4 days date or something to aim for. The weather is horrible this coming week - so no walks etc. Just need a boost.
I feel you - I find it really hard not being able to plan anything, not having things to look forward to but then also being unwilling to loosely plan because I know things being cancelled will annoy me more! I’m writing three things I’m grateful for in my diary each day and just taking one day at a time, trying to do one thing per day that forces me to smile. I think everyone is at a much lower vibe this time around so whereas last year you’d have a friend able to cheer you up a bit, everyone’s struggling more now. The weather is crap but I’ve been layering up and going out and I never ever feel worse for it, even a ten minute walk round the block. The evenings are getting lighter too, I make a point of sharing that with people too as when you notice it it gives you a bit of a lift! Hang in there! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The NHS is a shambles but when you look at some other countries we’re lucky to have it 😕

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I feel you - I find it really hard not being able to plan anything, not having things to look forward to but then also being unwilling to loosely plan because I know things being cancelled will annoy me more! I’m writing three things I’m grateful for in my diary each day and just taking one day at a time, trying to do one thing per day that forces me to smile. I think everyone is at a much lower vibe this time around so whereas last year you’d have a friend able to cheer you up a bit, everyone’s struggling more now. The weather is crap but I’ve been layering up and going out and I never ever feel worse for it, even a ten minute walk round the block. The evenings are getting lighter too, I make a point of sharing that with people too as when you notice it it gives you a bit of a lift! Hang in there! ❤
Completely agree with this, it’s so important to get out for fresh air and a walk as much as possible! I often look like the Michelin man with the amount of layers I wear!
Also my partner pointed out today it was still light at 5 and I agree, it was nice to have it pointed out to me!

Reactions: 11
It must have of there's no links to travel ?
Surely it’s just no links to travel that they can prove? People must be going in and out and surely someone could have been asymptomatic and therefore unaware they ever had it?

Reactions: 14
Surely it’s just no links to travel that they can prove? People must be going in and out and surely someone could have been asymptomatic and therefore unaware they ever had it?
The teen must be in year 8 as they’re testing the entire school year, so potentially one of those could have a link to travel. It’s just no direct links to those people themselves never mind work colleagues, friends etc

Reactions: 3
Yeah could be ? I don't know how strict they are about people moving around the Island,although they said the people they contact traced have no links either?

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.