Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #77

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh god! I don’t like that. It’s almost blaming people who catch it? That’s not right, especially because we know it doesn’t matter how careful you are - you can still catch it
Yeah that’s sort of my issue, we can’t all not go out.

The campaign should be more centered on following the current restrictions, this doesn’t help any one.

In fact I feel like it pushes people the other way, particularly the conspiracy minded as it’s very much that type of propaganda that feels quite dystopian.

Reactions: 14
Yeah that’s sort of my issue, we can’t all not go out.

The campaign should be more centered on following the current restrictions, this doesn’t help any one.

In fact I feel like it pushes people the other way, particularly the conspiracy minded as it’s very much that type of propaganda that feels quite dystopian.
Yeah 100%! It’s scaremongering, and even a little bit victim blaming I would argue 🤣

Reactions: 4
The ad campaign our local council is running... it’s a lot. I get they need people to take it seriously but I don’t think it will have that effect as it’s not like if you dare to leave your house, people will definitely die 😬

View attachment 387267
I’m sick of this scaremongering. That is too much, there’s no need. Are they trying to make people terrified for life? We all know the risks by now, surely. There will always be idiots who don’t give a tit about anyone but themselves but for the ones abiding by the rules and already living in fear, struggling mentally, this goes too far.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Another big drop in cases week on week today (I know weekend stats are always unreliable) but we’re now up in testing and down in cases the whole week compared to last which is great news. Things are definitely moving in the right direction. We just need to push through - the evenings are getting lighter, cases are falling and the vaccine programme seems to be going well (touching ALL the wood I can). Brighter days are coming. Enjoy your weekend all, even if they are the most boring thing in the world at the minute! It’ll be a distant memory soon when hopefully life resumes and weekends get jammed with family visits, pubs restaurants friends and shopping and everything else in between ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I feel like it pushes people the other way, particularly the conspiracy minded as it’s very much that type of propaganda that feels quite dystopian.
the media reporting in the last week feels like that 🙈
For 10 + months, the media have been refused access to any hospital wards despite their plea (allegedly its been an unwavering no on every request)

now it’s almost a constant live stream straight from the latest filled to capacity ward.

Reactions: 5
the media reporting in the last week feels like that 🙈
For 10 + months, the media have been refused access to any hospital wards despite their plea (allegedly its been an unwavering no on every request)

now it’s almost a constant live stream straight from the latest filled to capacity ward.
I can understand why they would allow it now though, when people are trying to take pictures of empty corridors and are stood outside hospitals shouting at NHS workers about it all being fake 😔

Guess seeing is believing but maybe still not enough for some.

Another big drop in cases week on week today (I know weekend stats are always unreliable) but we’re now up in testing and down in cases the whole week compared to last which is great news. Things are definitely moving in the right direction. We just need to push through - the evenings are getting lighter, cases are falling and the vaccine programme seems to be going well (touching ALL the wood I can). Brighter days are coming. Enjoy your weekend all, even if they are the most boring thing in the world at the minute! It’ll be a distant memory soon when hopefully life resumes and weekends get jammed with family visits, pubs restaurants friends and shopping and everything else in between ❤
Love this! ❤ really needed to hear it, thank you

Reactions: 4
Little reference to Person Centered Therapy, I'm more a Gestalt/Fritz Perls type of fella who believes in the individual facing up to issues and tackling them head on rather than avoiding issues.

I'll leave this thread alone, but remember folks, look after yourselves, don't leave it all to others.

Wear your masks and keep safe.
I think it’s important to remember you became very aggressive with a user who raised their own concerns about a vaccine,
I’m not sure how this comment is connected to that argument but I do hope you’ll return in better form, this thread can get heated but it does settle. Take care xx

Reactions: 3
The ad campaign our local council is running... it’s a lot. I get they need people to take it seriously but I don’t think it will have that effect as it’s not like if you dare to leave your house, people will definitely die 😬

View attachment 387267
Is that real?! I honestly thought it was a spoof or a joke! It reminds me of in mean girls when the teacher tells them “if you have sex you will get pregnant and DIE” 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
This thread is making me feel like my parents are arguing and I'm talking tit jokes to try and lighten the mood in the house 😂

Screenshot_20210116_195825.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I think it's more he didn't listen to what his boss told the whole country to do only yesterday. Of course he shouldn't listen to Boris because people should get out of the house. It's more that he has chosen a busy place and hasn't bothered with a mask. Find somewhere more quiet and carry a mask incase you come in to a crowded space.
His mask might be in his pocket .

• Haha
Is that real?! I honestly thought it was a spoof or a joke! It reminds me of in mean girls when the teacher tells them “if you have sex you will get pregnant and DIE” 😂
Hahaha, sadly it’s real, it says in the article apparently the central government provided it for councils to run with but no others have actually used it 😅 (I can see why!)

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.