Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #77

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree, it would be helpful to know the plan but I think tiers will be similar rules to last time. Hopefully most places in tier 2 following a lockdown. But then we can’t come out too quickly or cases will rise again so maybe it’s too hopeful to say tier 2😩
Yes I don’t want to come out too early and ruin all this hard work but at the same time lockdown fatigue is real! I agree it will be back to tiers and I hope that we will mainly be tier 2 or even tier 1 but I fear they’ll put everyone into tier 3 for some time still. It’s crazy by March we’ll have done a full year in and out of lockdowns.

Reactions: 4
I hope you start to feel better soon.

I go to my dad’s house twice a day and every day there is a message from Trace and Trace saying they are trying contact him so that he self isolates. There is no number left on the message to call back and I completed the forms online last week.
I know it’s pathetic, but I feel like this person thinks my dad is out and about mixing because he’s not home and they’re judging him. I just wish they’d stop calling. They always end the message with “have a nice day”. Wtf???
Just a heads up, the police may turn up at his house. Although of course you may not be there at the time anyway.
This happened when someone I know was in hospital with Covid. Track and Trace had been unable to reach him on his mobile, so police tuned up at his house one evening. I was really surprised at the time that there wasn't an automatic way, at the point of testing, to indicate to Track and Trace that the person was hospitalised.

• Wow
I’ve lost the post but someone said they’ve finally shut the borders..... no they haven’t, people can still come into the UK. They just need to isolate and provide a negative test

I’ve lost the post but someone said they’ve finally shut the borders..... no they haven’t, people can still come into the UK. They just need to isolate and provide a negative test
It's all non essential travel borders that have been closed. You can leave and enter the UK if it's deemed an essential journey but not for holidays or leisure etc.

It's mad because on the holiday pages I'm on, people are booking foreign holidays for end of Feb/beginning of March as they think with the vaccine, all travel restrictions and tiers will be removed at the end of Feb

• Sad
yeah that's a common misconception I think. They have shut the travel corridors so everyone will have to isolate no matter where they're coming from where as before there were countries you didn't have to. Essential travel is still okay. I think Brazil flights are banned though

Reactions: 5
So its ok for Hancock to go out to a crowded outdoor place (which I do fully support) but his own office has given the ok for those posters to be displayed. Talk about mass hypocrisy!
Are we being told to stay in because we'll kill everyone, or being told to go out?
Are we being told to stay in so that when photos like these are published that it turns into people berating and shaming others for acting within the guidelines?
Are we being told to stay in as a social experiment to see how far they can push us?
Because if the health minister seems it safe enough to go out, even when his propaganda posters say otherwise then I'm guessing that being told to stay in isn't actually for our own saftey after all
Sometimes you have to be brutal to get a point across , I mean those posters are brutal and should be aimed at those breaking the rules but I think if they been continuing to break the rules since March I doubt they will change now

but I defo agree with the doctor on the news who said every time you go out and break the rules , you are denying a cancer patient their surgery

Reactions: 7
So its ok for Hancock to go out to a crowded outdoor place (which I do fully support) but his own office has given the ok for those posters to be displayed. Talk about mass hypocrisy!
Are we being told to stay in because we'll kill everyone, or being told to go out?
Are we being told to stay in so that when photos like these are published that it turns into people berating and shaming others for acting within the guidelines?
Are we being told to stay in as a social experiment to see how far they can push us?
Because if the health minister seems it safe enough to go out, even when his propaganda posters say otherwise then I'm guessing that being told to stay in isn't actually for our own saftey after all
We're all being asked to use our common sense and behave responsibly and take personal responsibility for our actions. It's fine to go outside as long as people observe social distancing and respect each other's space. Unfortunately there are some people (like that prick Laurence Fox) who seem to think rules are for other people. Matt Hancock isn't being hypocritical by going outside, he's a human being too and needs a walk as much as anyone else.

Reactions: 7
Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I think it has become part of a social experiment on compliance. I don't think that was the original aim ,( more of a while we are doing it anyway , we might as well treat it as an experiment)but I think data is being compiled and psychologists / sociologists whoever will be studying it. I also think public compliance to covid/ lockdown measures may shape government policies in the future .

Reactions: 3
does anyone know what happens in the U.K. if supplies of the vaccine are low?

they’ve done millions? But all other countries have kept half of that supply back for shot 2 so they can vaccinate fully?

so in 7/8 weeks time (give or take) they need to start jab 2 for all those waiting?

if millions are waiting for jab 2,
say of the Pfizer vaccine, and they can’t source that in 7/8 weeks time, and you can’t mix brands, what happens then?

Reactions: 1
Reactions: 2
Reactions: 3
I would expect the usual sore arm etc, but never needing to take sick leave because of it.
I think the reason they are having to be off sick is not due to how ill they feel, but more that they have COVID symptoms, therefore have to isolate. As no one can be certain it’s not actually COVID?

I think the reason they are having to be off sick is not due to how ill they feel, but more that they have COVID symptoms, therefore have to isolate. As no one can be certain it’s not actually COVID?
Our hospital allows 48 hours of flu symptoms and then if it continues , you need to have a covid swab and wait for results before coming back to work

Makes sense when explained like that

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.