Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #77

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Our nearest is Taunton, a lot of people aren't going as it's an hour each way and have been calling their gp. A group of 10 GPS have created a vaccination hub in town so a lot have been miffed they're offered Taunton rather than the local hub
Ooooh you're near me. Taunton is my nearest too

Sorry if this already been discussed but we hear that we may need “even tougher measures” I’m a bit confused about how much tougher they could be from what we have currently.

Do you think the U.K. would introduce any curfews? I know France have a 6pm-6am one currently and previously Spain and Italy have had them.
They can add even more restrictions tighter measures curfews etc but unless someone actually polices them, there's no point. I think we are at a point know where people are doing as they please.

I tested positive yesterday and am currently in bed, feeling like death and I'm angry at the idiot that gave it me because of how selfish they are.

Not sure what good a curfew would do here. Where I live, everyone is out during the day, it's heaving everywhere. Outside coffee shops, people are all stood together in large groups that definitely aren't 1 household etc

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
@EmilyChambers is your colleague who brought it into nursery facing disciplinary?
Yes! Honestly I am so pleased. We've been closed the last week so luckily for me when I started with symptoms, I hadn't been anywhere to pass it on. When I was filling in the form for track and trace, it really brought it home how easily it spreads.

My colleague hasn't even got symptoms and someone else tested positive too who had been with her. A few people at work were going to report her but Manager has told us that it's going to be dealt with as severely as is allowed.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Yes! Honestly I am so pleased. We've been closed the last week so luckily for me when I started with symptoms, I hadn't been anywhere to pass it on. When I was filling in the form for track and trace, it really brought it home how easily it spreads.

My colleague hasn't even got symptoms and someone else tested positive too who had been with her. A few people at work were going to report her but Manager has told us that it's going to be dealt with as severely as is allowed.
I hope you start to feel better soon.

I go to my dad’s house twice a day and every day there is a message from Trace and Trace saying they are trying contact him so that he self isolates. There is no number left on the message to call back and I completed the forms online last week.
I know it’s pathetic, but I feel like this person thinks my dad is out and about mixing because he’s not home and they’re judging him. I just wish they’d stop calling. They always end the message with “have a nice day”. Wtf???

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Whilst this is great news, it does mean that the staff are being taken off the wards (or wherever they've come from) leaving fewer people to cope. It's swings and roundabouts, but it does seem to be working. 😁
Tbf they could be using redeployed nurses . A lot of the face to face outpatient clinics are now telephone consultations with consultants so that would free up the chaperone nurses and also routine clinics are put on hold so they could use staff from there

I think it's more he didn't listen to what his boss told the whole country to do only yesterday. Of course he shouldn't listen to Boris because people should get out of the house. It's more that he has chosen a busy place and hasn't bothered with a mask. Find somewhere more quiet and carry a mask incase you come in to a crowded space.
The ad campaign our local council is running... it’s a lot. I get they need people to take it seriously but I don’t think it will have that effect as it’s not like if you dare to leave your house, people will definitely die 😬

View attachment 387267
So its ok for Hancock to go out to a crowded outdoor place (which I do fully support) but his own office has given the ok for those posters to be displayed. Talk about mass hypocrisy!
Are we being told to stay in because we'll kill everyone, or being told to go out?
Are we being told to stay in so that when photos like these are published that it turns into people berating and shaming others for acting within the guidelines?
Are we being told to stay in as a social experiment to see how far they can push us?
Because if the health minister seems it safe enough to go out, even when his propaganda posters say otherwise then I'm guessing that being told to stay in isn't actually for our own saftey after all

• Haha
Reactions: 4
So its ok for Hancock to go out to a crowded outdoor place (which I do fully support) but his own office has given the ok for those posters to be displayed. Talk about mass hypocrisy!
Are we being told to stay in because we'll kill everyone, or being told to go out?
Are we being told to stay in so that when photos like these are published that it turns into people berating and shaming others for acting within the guidelines?
Are we being told to stay in as a social experiment to see how far they can push us?
Because if the health minister seems it safe enough to go out, even when his propaganda posters say otherwise then I'm guessing that being told to stay in isn't actually for our own saftey after all
Can’t believe I’m going to defend Matt Hancock here 😂🤦‍♀️ but local authority messaging/propaganda has nothing to do with Department for Health centrally. It is the local government authority setting their own agenda. They will have a director of public health but there will be no consultation with national government.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
By March. I might just about be able to cope until then 😩
I wish they would start setting out some sort of exit plan. I don’t need specific dates but ballpark timings with what will happen and when. Cases are dropping vaccines are flowing things are improving hopefully it won’t be long before the nhs can start coping if we stay home and do our bit so what is the exit plan. Maybe they’ll start giving us some ideas although March seems a long time still.

Reactions: 10
I wish they would start setting out some sort of exit plan. I don’t need specific dates but ballpark timings with what will happen and when. Cases are dropping vaccines are flowing things are improving hopefully it won’t be long before the nhs can start coping if we stay home and do our bit so what is the exit plan. Maybe they’ll start giving us some ideas although March seems a long time still.
I agree but I’m just scared we’re going to come out of lockdown too early and duck it all up again. The difference this time is the vaccine, of course. But we need to be patient (which is better said than done 😂) to see the effects.

Reactions: 13
I firmly believe there is a plan but they are keeping the public messaging “at stay at home” to suppress cases, they know the mentality of people will change if they start saying the exit strategy.

In lockdown one certain industries such as construction etc were given “a heads up” privately, probably not needed as much this time given they all should be covid secure. I think mid February we will be given a route map like what Boris alluded to previously.

Reactions: 6
I agree, it would be helpful to know the plan but I think tiers will be similar rules to last time. Hopefully most places in tier 2 following a lockdown. But then we can’t come out too quickly or cases will rise again so maybe it’s too hopeful to say tier 2😩

Reactions: 1
By March. I might just about be able to cope until then 😩
I get going back in to tiers with a gradual approach to normality. But you can't go putting areas back to complete normality bit by bit or police that have real work to do like catching criminals would be too busy trying to stop people sneaking over borders.

Reactions: 2
I get going back in to tiers with a gradual approach to normality. But you can't go putting areas back to complete normality bit by bit or police that have real work to do like catching criminals would be too busy trying to stop people sneaking over borders.
When most places came out of first lockdown bar Leicester, you had to have proof of ID for all restaurants/pubs in Nottingham (or the ones I went to anyway!) to prove that you haven’t come from Leicester. No ID, no entry. They need to implement things like that to try and prevent it as much as possible

Reactions: 8
Can’t believe I’m going to defend Matt Hancock here 😂🤦‍♀️ but local authority messaging/propaganda has nothing to do with Department for Health centrally. It is the local government authority setting their own agenda. They will have a director of public health but there will be no consultation with national government.
Haha we've all had a turn in defending him - shame on us, I feel so dirty 😂
I'll take your point, but isn't it PHE advice that they've been following? So to give his department benefit of the doubt, (shudder🥴) its that advice that that they quote in the briefing and that advice that they're sticking too

Haha we've all had a turn in defending him - shame on us, I feel so dirty 😂
I'll take your point, but isn't it PHE advice that they've been following? So to give his department benefit of the doubt, (shudder🥴) its that advice that that they quote in the briefing and that advice that they're sticking too
You know what I wish it was, because half the problem in this country is public health has become so political. I work in a local authority and we did different messaging than national guidance. Not based on any evidence, just political game playing.

You see a lot about devolving power to local authorities, I work for one and I wouldn’t do it. It’s ran by crazies 😂😂😂

Speaking of Test & Trace, when my brother tested positive just after Christmas, he got the email the same day to fill in is contacts etc and t&t rang him just to check he was ok etc. They then kept ringing him (11 times in a day once) he ended up ignoring them. He said he even tried to answer a few times but they only let phone ring a couple of times 🤷🏻‍♀️

A lady from our local council also rang him to see if he was ok and to check if he needed help with shopping/medication etc and also asked him where he thought he might have got if from. Turns out it was the testing site hes working at as a few of them got it. Even though they are socially distancing and mask wearing!

Hes at work again today (they've all had a strict reminder about social distancing etc) and hes just sent me a photo of his new NHS Test & Trace jacket they've been given 😂😁

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.