Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #77

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe but it would undermine Priti saying we wouldn’t.

I think he’s just doing it because we have been promised daily press conferences and he needs to show his face at some of them other wise ‘where is Boris’ trends again.

figures are dropping currently so maybe they want to say despite that please continue to follow?

Plus an end of week vaccine update.
True but this pandemic has proven that the government is not unfamiliar with a U-turn :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It will be interesting how I get on when I fly out from Johannesburg tomorrow night.

Not only have I got to get a connecting flight from Schiphol airport in Holland, but also to take a PCR test (which I have subsequently had the results back, and proved negative, but at a a cost); I also have to fill out a Passenger Locator form, plus I have to take a "Negative Rapid Test", which is something conducted at the airport just prior to flying out.

So despite filling out the Locator form, and that my PCR test in negative, I have the extra stress of wondering how this NRT will pan out!

If I fail it means the extra expense and irritation of having to rebook the flight, take another PCR and NRT along with filling out another PLF and hope it goes well.

Meanwhile, I see fuckwits in England defying Lockdown and doing what they want.

Reactions: 3
Ok cool, so I can't make any assumptions based on what you say in your posts, but it's perfectly acceptable for you to make multiple assumptions about me and anyone else who doesn't want the vaccine yet. Cool, I'm glad I know where you stand on assumptions.

And for the record, you didn't simply point out your view about conspiracy theories, you said and I quote 'I don't think the anti-covid vaxers are as wide reaching as the internet would have you believe.' in response to speculation about how many people would refuse the vaccine.
What single assumption did I make about you?

'Anti covid vaxx' is a totally valid way to describe someone who doesn't want the vaccine. I'm not making a judgement on what or how valid the reasons are for being against getting the vaccine. So tell me what I'm assuming exactly?

You are clearly insecure on your views surrounding this since you need to constantly bring it back up when the post wasn't even to you in the first place. I'm out. 💉

Boris has released a video ahead of the press conference tonight. I thought he would say at the press conference about what he’s said in the video so I wonder what the press conference will focus on? Maybe just vaccines.

The big bug bear for me is “your grandparents had to fight in wars but you’re just being asked to stay at hooooooome”. 🤦🏻‍♀️🖕🏻
Oh my gosh I hate when I see this! For one it’s not the staying home most people struggle with is it! It’s the social isolation, the fear, the uncertainty. Humans are social creatures and coming together in times of crisis is what helps us through it - strip that away and everything seems 10x worse.

Reactions: 9
True but this pandemic has proven that the government is not unfamiliar with a U-turn :ROFLMAO:
I for one would like nothing more than Priti to be made to look a fool anyway.

This isn’t aimed at you, more of a rant, but I feel like if you quote anything the government have said this is the response on this thread at the moment. It’s happened about the last 5 times ha.

True there has been u turns but if we believe absolutely nothing that the government say then we have nothing to go off at all 🤷🏻‍♀️

I don’t like the attitude of if we believe what they say then we are stupid for doing so because then what are we meant to believe?

Again not aimed at you, more of a trend I’ve had when I quote government.

What single assumption did I make about you?

'Anti covid vaxx' is a totally valid way to describe someone who doesn't want the vaccine. I'm not making a judgement on what or how valid the reasons are for being against getting the vaccine. So tell me what I'm assuming exactly?

You are clearly insecure on your views surrounding this since you need to constantly bring it back up when the post wasn't even to you in the first place. I'm out. 💉
Well now I'm confused, do you want me to tell you or not? I'll assume not as even I'm bored of this narrative :ROFLMAO:

Oh my gosh I hate when I see this! For one it’s not the staying home most people struggle with is it! It’s the social isolation, the fear, the uncertainty. Humans are social creatures and coming together in times of crisis is what helps us through it - strip that away and everything seems 10x worse.
exactly and also they didn't even have telly's during the war! They had a radio and newspaper and that's it. Most people probably didn't know how bad it was. We have so many vessels now that deliver news from around the world. It's natural that we'd be more anxious etc about it cause we're exposed to it 24/7 and we can barely avoid it.

Reactions: 4
Thank you, it is helpful to hear that. I am one of those people who have anxiety and I keep seeing the scare stories and thinking oh god I just know if it’s going to happen to anyone it will happen to me 🙄😬 my husband on the other hand would have his right now if he could but that might also be helped by the fact he doesn’t use Facebook or Instagram and barely looks at the news whereas I fall down rabbit holes. I am really glad to hear that you’re feeling fine. As I said on here a few days ago my husbands friend is on oxygen in hospital with covid at the moment and is only 39 with no underlying conditions that we are aware of, so I am really worried about getting it and I’m also just as worried about long covid as I am the vaccine. It’s just a lot to think about and I’ve fallen victim to some of the scaremongering but I am trying to balance that up the other way. Take me back to last year when the biggest decision I had to make was quarter pounder with cheese or McChicken sandwich 😩
Haha those were the days. I totally get it, I'm the same, I would be that person. When I was really unwell in March I always told my husband I would be the exception to the rule and die. I lost my parents in rare circumstances (my mum had ovarian cancer at a very young age which is rare, then my dad died of cancer too and the chances of them both dying from it so close together was rare) so rare means nothing to me. I even got anxious about having mild side effects as I hate feeling unwell as it makes me nervous.
There are some really bad videos out there at the moment about people having shakes etc after the jab but watching them made me see that they are just awfully acted out scare videos. Honestly the acting is terrible.

I am anxious about having the second as everyone tells me the side effects are worse, with aches and headaches etc but I will go because I need to. You'll make the decision best for you but please do so on good information, not scare tactics (either side)

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I think the government need to be more transparent and honest about schools. The percentage figure they’re quoting for children in (15%?) is for ALL schools, including secondary. The reality is that there are a tiny amount of secondary school pupils in, the pupils being counted are virtually all primary but spread over a larger total number of schools to make the percentage look lower. 🙄

What’s basically being achieved at the moment is ensuring people still work. Older kids can effectively look after themselves, but younger ones need childcare, so the qualifying scope is broad enough to allow kids into school.

But they can wash their hands when it all goes to tit by saying “we implemented a lockdown and told people to stay at home”

Absolute fuckery.

Reactions: 5
316,694 vaccines yesterday. Even if we never increased we are over the 2M a week target!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I for one would like nothing more than Priti to be made to look a fool anyway.

This isn’t aimed at you, more of a rant, but I feel like if you quote anything the government have said this is the response on this thread at the moment. It’s happened about the last 5 times ha.

True there has been u turns but if we believe absolutely nothing that the government say then we have nothing to go off at all 🤷🏻‍♀️

I don’t like the attitude of if we believe what they say then we are stupid for doing so because then what are we meant to believe?

Again not aimed at you, more of a trend I’ve had when I quote government.
I know it's not aimed at me but I don't think anyone is stupid for believing what the government say but I do think it's okay to question what they've said because they do have a habit of flip flopping. Not just with COVID. Also often a newspaper will say something then the gov will say something different. I know for me personally I like to discuss things that they say and analyse it I guess. It's not me being a government cynic or believing anyone who believes them is stupid, it's just a discussion I suppose? does that make sense?

There are some really bad videos out there at the moment about people having shakes etc after the jab but watching them made me see that they are just awfully acted out scare videos. Honestly the acting is terrible.
The one where the woman is ‘convulsing’ whilst still chatting away? It looked beyond fake!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think the government need to be more transparent and honest about schools. The percentage figure they’re quoting for children in (15%?) is for ALL schools, including secondary. The reality is that there are a tiny amount of secondary school pupils in, the pupils being counted are virtually all primary but spread over a larger total number of schools to make the percentage look lower. 🙄

What’s basically being achieved at the moment is ensuring people still work. Older kids can effectively look after themselves, but younger ones need childcare, so the qualifying scope is broad enough to allow kids into school.

But they can wash their hands when it all goes to tit by saying “we implemented a lockdown and told people to stay at home”

Absolute fuckery.
There is a more detailed breakdown on the gov website.

14% of pupils on roll in responding state-funded schools were in attendance. This figure was 20% in state primaries, 4% in state secondaries, 29% in special schools and 24% in alternative provision

• Among responding open primary schools, 11% reported less than 10% attendance, 47% less than 20% and 98% less than 50%.
  • Among responding open secondary schools, 91% reported less than 10% attendance, 99% less than 20% and almost 100% [21] less than 50%.

This is for the first week, reporting will not be back yet for the current week we are in. I think it is updated on Mondays though.

Haha those were the days. I totally get it, I'm the same, I would be that person. When I was really unwell in March I always told my husband I would be the exception to the rule and die. I lost my parents in rare circumstances (my mum had ovarian cancer at a very young age which is rare, then my dad died of cancer too and the chances of them both dying from it so close together was rare) so rare means nothing to me. I even got anxious about having mild side effects as I hate feeling unwell as it makes me nervous.

I am anxious about having the second as everyone tells me the side effects are worse, with aches and headaches etc but I will go because I need to. You'll make the decision best for you but please do so on good information, not scare tactics (either side)
Thank you, I really do appreciate your responses and your posts in general. I am really sorry about your parents I absolutely understand the impact that would have had on you as I have a friend who had a very similar situation and I have seen her anxiety around her and her families health but especially with regards to cancer xx

The one where the woman is ‘convulsing’ whilst still chatting away? It looked beyond fake!
I thought that! I do hope it’s fake it worried me I have to admit 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Good news on the ovarian cancer front today a major breakthrough in treatment, my sister lost her MIL to it 2 yrs ago she was only in her 50s it’s a cruel disease x

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’ve got a Chinese coming at 7:30pm so Boris better not pull a fast one and change the rules 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.