Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #77

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Missed Boris did he say anything new?
He pointed out (I’ve said this all along and been laughed at by so many people) that you can not only get covid by standing too near an infected person but also by handling something they have handled!

This is why I quarantine my post, wipe over my shopping when it’s delivered and wipe over my letterbox and door handle etc

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Not to mention the fact that Scottish schools had time to prepare...The self congratulatory email from the head nearly tipped me over the edge!
And did I mention she’s turning 18? This is at higher level!!!!
Whaaaaaat are you winding us up?

Reactions: 2
I am really concerned about the standard of online learning being delivered. My daughter had one hour of live teaching this week and it consisted of a scavenger hunt. A scavenger hunt 😂😂😂
I feel the same. No live teaching at all. One 'check in' Teams call for a year 4 and nothing for year 7. They had apparently planned live teaching but it was pulled last minute for safeguarding reasons. Yet I hear of children in the same local authority receiving live lessons. I have politely questioned this with the school but told that's what they have been told to do.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I might be alone in this but does anyone else find the way Whitty tries to talk about the deaths sometimes, he tries to sound as serious a possible and fails and makes it sound so blunt

‘Obviously ... errrrr.. some people die’

Wow don’t sugar coat it hun 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
He pointed out (I’ve said this all along and been laughed at by so many people) that you can not only get covid by standing too near an infected person but also by handling something they have handled!

This is why I quarantine my post, wipe over my shopping when it’s delivered and wipe over my letterbox and door handle etc
I've never wiped down my shopping or quarantined my post but I do religiously wash my hands after handling anything. I'm constantly wiping door handles though

Reactions: 8
Not to mention the fact that Scottish schools had time to prepare...The self congratulatory email from the head nearly tipped me over the edge!
And did I mention she’s turning 18? This is at higher level!!!!
Oh my god, that’s outrageous. My son was set a scavenger hunt for one of his home learning tasks. He’s five, so it’s to be expected!

I have to say, I can’t fault my son’s teachers, they have been on every day checking work and adding new tasks to the app and maintaining communication with us throughout the day. For Higher year, I’d expect a lot more. No wonder you’re pissed.

Reactions: 4
People have different preferences as to how they hear things. Whitty is straight forward and to the point, no fluff. Other people prefer a bit of cushioning. Depends. 🤷‍♀️

I might be alone in this but does anyone else find the way Whitty tries to talk about the deaths sometimes, he tries to sound as serious a possible and fails and makes it sound so blunt

‘Obviously ... errrrr.. some people die’

Wow don’t sugar coat it hun 😂
Well death shouldn't be 'sugar-coated' - it is the end. No-one is gonna jump off the bed shouting 'fooled ya'. A lot of younger people have no idea what death actually means. Years ago it was normal to have aging relatives die at home and be laid out. Now younger people just seem to think it is like a cartoon or a violent on-line game where they can sign off, come back tomorrow and the same people will be there to kill again. Of course, most young people don't even listen to the broadcasts so why should it be anything but factual and, yes, brutal if it makes people think more about their actions.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I've never wiped down my shopping or quarantined my post but I do religiously wash my hands after handling anything. I'm constantly wiping door handles though
I wipe stuff or quarantine it for peace of mind but for things like getting my wheelie bin back in etc, it’s straight in to wash hands as the bin men and women have touched so many bins and they *could* have covid on them....I constantly have to remind my partner and dad to wash their hands after things like that or after touching post!

Reactions: 7
Well death shouldn't be 'sugar-coated' - it is the end. No-one is gonna jump off the bed shouting 'fooled ya'. A lot of younger people have no idea what death actually means. Years ago it was normal to have aging relatives die at home and be laid out. Now younger people just seem to think it is like a cartoon or a violent on-line game where they can sign off, come back tomorrow and the same people will be there to kill again. Of course, most young people don't even listen to the broadcasts so why should it be anything but factual and, yes, brutal if it makes people think more about their actions.
🙄 It was a joke.

Think you misunderstood my post. If anything I meant the way he made it come across so blunt took away the seriousness for me as it was so unfeeling 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I'm not really sure what you're getting at that there? I'd argue most young people know what death is. You're alive and then you're not. We're not thick?
As a nation we are a bit stiff upper lip with death. It's not a young person thing. It's why we say things like "passed away" instead of died. That has nothing to do with young people.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
🙄 It was a joke.

Think you misunderstood my post. If anything I meant the way he made it come across so blunt took away the seriousness for me as it was so unfeeling 🤷🏻‍♀️
Reminds me of this GIF:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I completely agree with this in general...when my son was little I used to say things to him like, you must never lean out of your bedroom window because if you fall you will die and you will never see me again! It would make him get what I was saying more rather than me just saying “you’ll get hurt”

I also agree they’re desensitised about death because of computer games....they “die” then they get to play again, they don’t get that death in real life is a completely different thing.

Reactions: 1
Has anyone had the vaccine and then avoided alcohol for a few days like some articles suggested you should? , dying for a glass of wine tonight 😂😂
I had mine on 30th dec and obviously got smashed new years eve before any research about that came out lol

My boyfriend thought I was going cray cray when I started doing this earlier last year, so I stopped. I'm going to start again!

I don’t wipe down my shopping or post, I never have. Time consuming for me. I’d sooner wash my hands properly after handling things. To each their own though.

My boyfriend thought I was going cray cray when I started doing this earlier last year, so I stopped. I'm going to start again!
Honestly I get so much piss taking or eye rolling for doing it! But the truth is you can (I know the risk is lower) catch it this way and so I feel I’m protecting myself and my son by doing it (I’m immune suppressed and shielded in the first lockdown and been extremely careful ever since)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I really like Whitty and his delivery for the most part (I much prefer facts only) but I can see why it doesn't work for other people. I get the impression he sometimes forgets that he's speaking to the general public and has to say things like "sadly" lest he seem like a robot. Which then in turn makes him sound like a robot.

Reactions: 9
I completely agree with this in general...when my son was little I used to say things to him like, you must never lean out of your bedroom window because if you fall you will die and you will never see me again! It would make him get what I was saying more rather than me just saying “you’ll get hurt”

I also agree they’re desensitised about death because of computer games....they “die” then they get to play again, they don’t get that death in real life is a completely different thing.
I would argue that they are fully aware that death in real life is different thing and they probably just don't think about death that much because who does? I don't spend my life thinking about people dying.

What is with this idea that computer games makes kids thick? They don't. Speak to a child about death and I'm pretty sure they'll say something like "goes to live in the clouds" or "goes to heaven" (depending on the religion/beliefs of the child or parents obviously). They are aware that if they die in a video game they get another life and that in real life that doesn't happen. Kids really aren't thick.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.