Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #77

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t believe people are being told not to moan about being in a global pandemic having had constant restrictions on their lives and doom and gloom reporting constantly being thrown in their faces for the best part of a year now (will likely be much longer). Or that people are being moaned about for not wanting to discuss vaccines or Covid in general. What gives you the right to tell people what they can and can’t say? If people want a moan, let them. If people don’t want to talk about it, that is up to them. It’s ridiculous! 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Bear in mind that there is some thinking that restrictions might be in order for those that choose not to get vaccinated for Covid. Now I'm not sure how far reaching these restrictions will be, but those that choose not to get vaccinated might be seen as not being particularly caring about their role in society as far as others are concerned. Just sayin'. :)
I think that is incredibly unlikely and near impossible to happen in the UK. No serious suggestion that people who don't get vaccinated will be more restricted under the law.

Reactions: 3
How quick are results coming back these days? Had to do another covid test on my daughter this morning - she got a cough over night that is more croup like than anything else but advised by nurse and doctor on 111 to test anyway.

How quick are results coming back these days? Had to do another covid test on my daughter this morning - she got a cough over night that is more croup like than anything else but advised by nurse and doctor on 111 to test anyway.
Must be different depending on area but ours are coming back around 24hrs at the moment

Reactions: 2
We test ourselves thrice weekly at work now. Lateral flow test and the usual postal one. Results of the postal one come back within 48 hours.

Reactions: 1
Bear in mind that there is some thinking that restrictions might be in order for those that choose not to get vaccinated for Covid. Now I'm not sure how far reaching these restrictions will be, but those that choose not to get vaccinated might be seen as not being particularly caring about their role in society as far as others are concerned. Just sayin'. :)
I think the Governments will change stance if there's not enough uptake worldwide and make it mandatory ,it becomes a public health matter for everyone then .I see they're appealing for the BAME community to get vaccinated there's been very little uptake there.

Reactions: 1
I mean if you are against the covid vaccine then you are anti *that* vax. If that bothers you then I dunno what you want to hear.
Not wanting it is almost as dangerous as spouting tit about it when we are in the middle of a pandemic and an ‘I’m alright jack’ outlook doesn’t benefit the collective.
Of course people are usually still okay with *others* getting the jab because ultimately it still circles back and benefits the doubter if everyone else takes on the responsibility of bringing a level of immunity to society.
It’s not about if it bothers me, I just thought it was interesting that you tarred anyone who didn’t want the vaccine with the anti covid vaccine brush.

There are a many reasons why people might not want it yet and for the record mine is allergic reactions to previous vaccines. That doesn’t make me a ‘doubter’ and I don’t see how it’s in any way comparable to ‘spouting tit about it’.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
How will the general public/ busybodies know whether or not someone has had the vaccine? Unless someone is vocal about their vaccination status

I can’t believe people are being told not to moan about being in a global pandemic having had constant restrictions on their lives and doom and gloom reporting constantly being thrown in their faces for the best part of a year now (will likely be much longer). Or that people are being moaned about for not wanting to discuss vaccines or Covid in general. What gives you the right to tell people what they can and can’t say? If people want a moan, let them. If people don’t want to talk about it, that is up to them. It’s ridiculous! 😂
The big bug bear for me is “your grandparents had to fight in wars but you’re just being asked to stay at hooooooome”. 🤦🏻‍♀️🖕🏻

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
How will the general public/ busybodies know whether or not someone has had the vaccine? Unless someone is vocal about their vaccination status
Based on the way people respond on this thread, I doubt many people will want to admit publicly to declining it (if it's offered to them) for fear of being shunned!

• Heart
  • Haha
There is talk of a vaccine certificate? So, like my aunt who travelled to France from the UK (France is her home), she had to take a test to prove she was negative for Covid before she could travel, like many other folk who travel. So it stands to reason that once you have had the vaccine, you will show it to relevant authorities to be able to access various things, like flights and business activities. I don't know if this going to be the case, but I have read that other countries are mooting it as a way forward.

Reactions: 2
I think this conference will just be a RULE BRITTANIA one about how well we are doing with vaccine rollout.

Then Whitty getting panicked at complacency.

• Haha
The big bug bear for me is “your grandparents had to fight in wars but you’re just being asked to stay at hooooooome”. 🤦🏻‍♀️🖕🏻
That’s the thing! This is not comparable to a war. It is its own pile of misery and it’s not just “being asked to stay at home.” It’s being told you can’t see your loved ones, you can’t see elderly relatives or you will kill them. You can’t enjoy life as you used to. You must stay home, but many can’t because work. More people are descending into poverty. People are paranoid and afraid. Healthcare workers, parents and teachers are being pulled in all directions and are stressed out. Life sucks at the moment, and if people are upset by that then I’d say they have good reason.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.