Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #77

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the government need to be more transparent and honest about schools. The percentage figure they’re quoting for children in (15%?) is for ALL schools, including secondary. The reality is that there are a tiny amount of secondary school pupils in, the pupils being counted are virtually all primary but spread over a larger total number of schools to make the percentage look lower. 🙄

What’s basically being achieved at the moment is ensuring people still work. Older kids can effectively look after themselves, but younger ones need childcare, so the qualifying scope is broad enough to allow kids into school.

But they can wash their hands when it all goes to tit by saying “we implemented a lockdown and told people to stay at home”

Absolute fuckery.
19% in my daughters large primary, the primary next door has only 5 students in the entire school.

I don’t understand why if your figures are so high the local authority isn’t providing guidance for all schools. We’ve got a ranking system (which responds to local needs and priorities) and capped numbers in every class based on PHE advice re 2m social distancing.

I still don’t know anyone that has been turned away despite these limits either.

Reactions: 3
The one where the woman is ‘convulsing’ whilst still chatting away? It looked beyond fake!
Yes and she is able to sort her hair out too. It would be laughable if it wasn't for the fact these videos do some real harm and make people scared. Usually posted by those who go on about project fear and how that's used to take away our liberties.

This is another example of how whispers and rumours cause misinformation.

This isn't me saying that people shouldn't have concerns, I am very pro choice. I think it's good that people question things and don't blindly accept things but it needs to be done on correct information.

Reactions: 5
There is a more detailed breakdown on the gov website.

14% of pupils on roll in responding state-funded schools were in attendance. This figure was 20% in state primaries, 4% in state secondaries, 29% in special schools and 24% in alternative provision

• Among responding open primary schools, 11% reported less than 10% attendance, 47% less than 20% and 98% less than 50%.
  • Among responding open secondary schools, 91% reported less than 10% attendance, 99% less than 20% and almost 100% [21] less than 50%.

This is for the first week, reporting will not be back yet for the current week we are in. I think it is updated on Mondays though.

Yeah, in our case uptake massively increased in week 2 and in increasing again next week. Our group of schools have had the local council (who obviously collates attendance authority wide) as it’s a problem and they’re seeking guidance.

19% in my daughters large primary, the primary next door has only 5 students in the entire school.

I don’t understand why if your figures are so high the local authority isn’t providing guidance for all schools. We’ve got a ranking system (which responds to local needs and priorities) and capped numbers in every class based on PHE advice re 2m social distancing.

I still don’t know anyone that has been turned away despite these limits either.
We are based in a very industrial area with lots of manufacturing, that could be why I guess.

The council contacted us today, but from what I have been told in a meeting with all staff today, we aren’t allowed to implement a tier system as it’s against government guidance?

ETA: if you Google “school attendance” andhit the news filter, you’ll see it is quite widespread. I don’t think we are an anomaly tbh.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I am really concerned about the standard of online learning being delivered. My daughter had one hour of live teaching this week and it consisted of a scavenger hunt. A scavenger hunt 😂😂😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I am really concerned about the standard of online learning being delivered. My daughter had one hour of live teaching this week and it consisted of a scavenger hunt. A scavenger hunt 😂😂😂
That’s not on when we are in week two. There’s been enough time for schools to get something half decent in place. Have you contacted the school about?

Reactions: 1
Has anyone had the vaccine and then avoided alcohol for a few days like some articles suggested you should? , dying for a glass of wine tonight 😂😂

She had to present the household items she had correctly found to the screen ie 2 toilet rolls and 1 toothbrush 😐
The issues around education are obviously concerning but also that sounds like the most boring thing I've ever heard, and I get excited about rain!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Alright Boris only 10 months late for a closure of all travel corridors 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Has he put his tea in the oven or something before he came out 😂 Hes in a bit of a rush 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
While care homes are nearly as badly affected as the first wave and being forced to take in covid patients from hospital ...that's really protecting them :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2
That’s not on when we are in week two. There’s been enough time for schools to get something half decent in place. Have you contacted the school about?
Not to mention the fact that Scottish schools had time to prepare...The self congratulatory email from the head nearly tipped me over the edge!
The issues around education are obviously concerning but also that sounds like the most boring thing I've ever heard, and I get excited about rain!
And did I mention she’s turning 18? This is at higher level!!!!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Not to mention the fact that Scottish schools had time to prepare...The self congratulatory email from the head nearly tipped me over the edge!
And did I mention she’s turning 18? This is at higher level!!!!

what?!! I legitimately thought you were talking about a primary school kid! Like a 6 year old!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.