Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #77

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seeing as the majority of over 80’s are still waiting for their vaccine, I doubt the over 50’s are being vaccinated yet.
Most likely holiday companies PR to make people think they need to book now or they’ll miss out!
Oo I sound like a conspiracy theorist! :eek: No, I’ve too much empathy to be one of those.
Cynical, I’ll admit to though. :)

Reactions: 13
My friend from Israel told me that they are now being advised to get an antibody test before getting a vaccine - pretty much everyone there who had side effects/was poorly/ended up in hospital after the vaccine have had COVID.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8

I thought this was a really interesting thread about compliance. It really seems to me that one of the biggest things we need to tackle is people self-isolating when asked to (with proper support).

Reactions: 8

I thought this was a really interesting thread about compliance. It really seems to me that one of the biggest things we need to tackle is people self-isolating when asked to (with proper support).
Even back in Sept/Oct the figures showed that self isolating only had something like 10% compliance AND NOTHING WAS DONE ABOUT IT.

They need to introduce a grant scheme for those that need to self isolate. 80% pay for the two weeks, unlimited times you can claim.
Sure the odd person will take the piss with it but overall it has to be more beneficial and cheaper than furlough, it would reduce the spread massively if people were actually isolating when they needed to.

• Sad
Reactions: 11

I logged onto my dad’s emails this morning.
4 emails yesterday, each a few hours apart, from Track and Trace telling him he’s tested positive and must comply and self isolate and complete their form as to where he’s been and who he’s seen since he got symptoms.
Gave a log in ID but no password.
I know it’s a one size fits all form but you’d think seeing as he caught it in hospital, that there would be a way of informing them immediately that he’s not at home to complete the form!
Anyway, I requested a new password and completed the form but I’d already informed his carers and dialysis unit of his results so they could follow the guidelines but I suppose they’ll be informed again by Track & Trace.
I can imagine it could be quite daunting for an unwell pensioner to complete, having to retrace your steps from the previous 5 days. Luckily dad was shielding so not much to complete.
I do wonder how honest people are that go out shopping, etc every day if they then have to complete the form - probably not very honest at all.

Reactions: 11
Even back in Sept/Oct the figures showed that self isolating only had something like 10% compliance AND NOTHING WAS DONE ABOUT IT.
At the time that the Scottish government brought in the “16 day hospitality circuit breaker” back in October they published an evidence paper that showed compliance for self isolation was 20%. I can’t believe we’re now in Jan, with a more transmissible strain and still nothing’s been done!

I hardly see this talked about in the media either. So frustrating.

Reactions: 3
I have received this from my doctors surgery. I know it’s from my doctors surgery because I have previous texts from them above it however I think it’s a really poor message, it looks like a scam, doesn’t even have the surgery name? If it wasn’t in the chain I would have assumed it was fake. (Not frontline anyway)

View attachment 388663

Reactions: 2
I have received this from my doctors surgery. I know it’s from my doctors surgery because I have previous texts from them above it however I think it’s a really poor message, it looks like a scam, doesn’t even have the surgery name? If it wasn’t in the chain I would have assumed it was fake. (Not frontline anyway)

View attachment 388663
Yes thats terrible looking. I probably wouldn't click it.

Reactions: 3

I wouldn't be booking an holiday just yet.
I feel like this is just life now. Lockdowns or at least restrictions with no end in sight. It all seems so hopeless to me today.

• Sad
Reactions: 6

View attachment 388663
That looks so fake, also frontline workers get theirs via their employer (at least that’s how I’m getting mine in the nhs) we’ve been told not to contact our GP for the jab! How random.

Reactions: 4

How can people do it? How can they party on and on when there is all this death and suffering? What even causes that level of sociopathy? Fuming.
Brand them on their faces so that people know to avoid them and hospitals refuse to admit them.
Obviously would never happen but if people had not tried to find loopholes from day 1 then we’d not be in this mess now.

I feel like this is just life now. Lockdowns or at least restrictions with no end in sight. It all seems so hopeless to me today.
We will get out of it. We've enough vaccines ordered to give the UK population an handful each. We have vaccinated more than the rest of Europe put together. We are at some point going to start 24/7 jabs. With all that positivity and Spring in sight I am confident by Easter life will be a lot different than now and by the Summer we will have plenty of good times.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I know it’s hard not to read but the papers make a lot up and try to scare people, bad news sells

Seeing as the majority of over 80’s are still waiting for their vaccine, I doubt the over 50’s are being vaccinated yet.
Most likely holiday companies PR to make people think they need to book now or they’ll miss out!
Oo I sound like a conspiracy theorist! :eek: No, I’ve too much empathy to be one of those.
Cynical, I’ll admit to though. :)
My town in West Sussex has said tomorrow is the last day of over 80’s vaccines then they move onto the next group! As they’ve vaccinated all! Some positive news!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I know it’s hard not to read but the papers make a lot up and try to scare people, bad news sells
Most newspapers/sites seem to take some kind of sadistic joy in ramping up bad news, even though some of it is probably just wild speculation/assumption - or fake for short.

I have noticed this with the Telegraph (my usually read) - it really has become a bottom-feeder as of late, playing on the fears of its readership with rumours, hearsay and Chinese Whispers.

Most newspapers/sites seem to take some kind of sadistic joy in ramping up bad news, even though some of it is probably just wild speculation/assumption - or fake for short.

I have noticed this with the Telegraph (my usually read) - it really has become a bottom-feeder as of late, playing on the fears of its readership with rumours, hearsay and Chinese Whispers.
Totally agree! Also noticed the headlines doesn’t match the actual article!

Reactions: 6
Yellow Fever side effects are HORRID. But you can’t enter many African countries without them so I had to suck it up and deal.
I had the yellow fever vaccine and was fine, bit of a sore arm, and potentially a bit of a headache.. it was a few years ago so can’t remember too well!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.