Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #77

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
After posting this just yesterday, my gran has had a positive result this morning. She went to A&E yesterday for breathlessness and they discharged her but did a test as a precaution. No other symptoms as far as we can tell. She hasn't been anywhere since Christmas Day (she went to my cousins who are her support bubble) but she does have carers in every day so don't know whether she's caught it from them, or from Christmas, although we would have thought she'd have had symptoms before now if that was the case.
Hugs. Hoping she is better soon xx

Reactions: 2
I have received this from my doctors surgery. I know it’s from my doctors surgery because I have previous texts from them above it however I think it’s a really poor message, it looks like a scam, doesn’t even have the surgery name? If it wasn’t in the chain I would have assumed it was fake. (Not frontline anyway)

View attachment 388663
Doesn't feel right to me. Capital letters telling you not to call/contact the surgery is wrong. I wouldn't click the link, but I would report this as it could be that something's been hacked.

Reactions: 1
Anyone else got the snow again? It's not stopped all day here in South Yorks and its about a foot deep now. Cars stranded everywhere. Our school's just asked everyone to come and collect their kids and they're staying closed tomorrow too. Last thing hospitals need is a spate of RTA's/slips and falls, especially with the elderly out and about for their vaccines.
no just rain rain 🙃

Doesn't feel right to me. Capital letters telling you not to call/contact the surgery is wrong. I wouldn't click the link, but I would report this as it could be that something's been hacked.
Oh I have so many texts from them with angry capitals in 😅 it’s in character! The word NOT is always capitalised, get one once a week telling us not to call and bother them ha

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
no just rain rain 🙃
I can see Snowdon in the distance but we have just had rain and more rain. Who ever put the dormer window in our bedroom wants to come and sleep under the damn thing, first winter here and the rain slaming on it woke me at 4am and not been back to sleep since. :(

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Oh I have so many texts from them with angry capitals in 😅 it’s in character! The word NOT is always capitalised, get one once a week telling us not to call and bother them ha
I know you're not in the same county as me but our surgery sounds identical! I haven't had a message yet this week, but I've had so many ranty DO NOT call us DO NOT visit us DO NOT email us type texts from them!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Just leaving that threat hanging over us 😂🤦‍♀️

If infections are starting to decline I don’t see how it could be justified.

Should be planning and communicating the reopening of society more importantly.

Reactions: 9

Just leaving that threat hanging over us 😂🤦‍♀️

If infections are starting to decline I don’t see how it could be justified.

Should be planning and communicating the reopening of society more importantly.
Seems this new variant is causing concern

• Sad
Reactions: 8

Seems this new variant is causing concern
Yeah, the only problem with that is there's nothing stopping you from taking indirect flights into the UK.

I'm currently in South Africa, which had its own virus variation that entered the UK a month ago, resulting in a ban on flights coming directly from SA to the UK, However, indirect flights are still permissible, subject to satisfactory PCR testing.

So this coming Saturday, I won't be allowed to fly from Johannesburg to Heathrow, but i will be able to fly from J'burg to Schiphol airport in Holland, and then onto Heathrow, London

So what's the point?

Reactions: 14
They just use a new variant as the excuse for changing the rules yet again, with 24 hours notice

Reactions: 6
Yeah, the only problem with that is there's nothing stopping you from taking indirect flights into the UK.

I'm currently in South Africa, which had its own virus variation that entered the UK a month ago, resulting in a ban on flights coming directly from SA to the UK, However, indirect flights are still permissible, subject to satisfactory PCR testing.

So this coming Saturday, I won't be allowed to fly from Johannesburg to Heathrow, but i will be able to fly from J'burg to Schiphol airport in Holland, and then onto Heathrow, London

So what's the point?
I thought they wanted a neg test before you could enter?

Is there a briefing today? they’re bound to be questioned about more restrictions

I thought they wanted a neg test before you could enter?
No idea, they just make things up as they go along!

I did take a PCR test this morning in Pretoria. Hopefully it will prove negative so that I'll be able to fly out on Saturday. Which is another irritation: booking a flight, and then hoping my PCR test prove negative, otherwise it means knocking heads with the airline to cancel

Reactions: 3
Anyone else got the snow again? It's not stopped all day here in South Yorks and its about a foot deep now. Cars stranded everywhere. Our school's just asked everyone to come and collect their kids and they're staying closed tomorrow too. Last thing hospitals need is a spate of RTA's/slips and falls, especially with the elderly out and about for their vaccines.
West Yorkshire here. It’s total chaos. I live on a main road and traffic hasn’t moved for over an hour. School closed at dinner time.

I’m desperate to not go into labour today 🙈

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
No idea, they just make things up as they go along!

I did take a PCR test this morning in Pretoria. Hopefully it will prove negative so that I'll be able to fly out on Saturday. Which is another irritation: booking a flight, and then hoping my PCR test prove negative, otherwise it means knocking heads with the airline to cancel
I get that it is annoying for you personally but what is the alternative? Imo putting the requirement on the traveller to prove they don't have the virus (as much as possible as instant tests are less reliable) is really the bare minimum the UK should be doing.

Reactions: 5
I get that it is annoying for you personally but what is the alternative? Imo putting the requirement on the traveller to prove they don't have the virus (as much as possible as instant tests are less reliable) is really the bare minimum the UK should be doing.
Indeed, but what I don't understand is a PCR test is required whether you fly into the UK directly or indirectly?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.