Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #77

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like this is just life now. Lockdowns or at least restrictions with no end in sight. It all seems so hopeless to me today.
I wouldn't read too much into it. We knew there were going to be restrictions for awhile which will be eased slowly. Whitty already said we'd likely need them again next winter if it pops up again during winter flu season. We can't predict how this whole year is going to go because we have a vaccine and we don't have other countries as a comparison (like we did in march when Italy was in a bad way). That said, we're vaccinating at the rate of knots which means we'll soon be able to live a little bit more freely and won't be in and out of lockdown.

Reactions: 8
I feel like this is just life now. Lockdowns or at least restrictions with no end in sight. It all seems so hopeless to me today.
Didn’t Neil furguson just say last week that things would be better by Easter? Sick of all of the media sh*t stirring

Reactions: 4
We will get out of it. We've enough vaccines ordered to give the UK population an handful each. We have vaccinated more than the rest of Europe put together. We are at some point going to start 24/7 jabs. With all that positivity and Spring in sight I am confident by Easter life will be a lot different than now and by the Summer we will have plenty of good times.
I agree. The news won’t focus on the positives as much as bad news sells doesn’t it. When we get to half the population vaccinated they will still focus that half isn’t.
January is always rough isn’t it, January 2020.1 just seems to have had 75 days already. But there has to be an end in sight, granted life may never be like pre-Covid but better times are ahead for us all. And we adapt and we get it done 🙂

Reactions: 9

It is crazy travel from Brazil is still being allowed.
given that we've allowed every Joe Bloggs from god knows where in from the beginning I'm not shocked that we're still allowing it. I'd be more shocked if it wasn't allowed at this stage

Reactions: 5
I know it’s hard not to read but the papers make a lot up and try to scare people, bad news sells

My town in West Sussex has said tomorrow is the last day of over 80’s vaccines then they move onto the next group! As they’ve vaccinated all! Some positive news!
That’s great!
Ours haven’t even started yet but apparently they are getting a massive 100 vaccines this week!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I agree. The news won’t focus on the positives as much as bad news sells doesn’t it. When we get to half the population vaccinated they will still focus that half isn’t.
January is always rough isn’t it, January 2020.1 just seems to have had 75 days already. But there has to be an end in sight, granted life may never be like pre-Covid but better times are ahead for us all. And we adapt and we get it done 🙂
We will get holidays this year even if it's more sensible to stick to them in this country. Instead of worrying about that we should instead moan about the Rod Stewart tribute act forcing a vaccine on his staff....

I’m so mad right now.

All my colleagues have had their first dose of the vaccine and I wasn’t even informed by anyone of when it was happening so I missed it. Everyone else got a phone call to go in. Now I’m freaking out that I won’t get it and so pissed off. It just sums up the lack of communication.

Sorry, had to rant. I’ve been asking about the vaccine for ages too.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
That looks so fake, also frontline workers get theirs via their employer (at least that’s how I’m getting mine in the nhs) we’ve been told not to contact our GP for the jab! How random.
It does say on the text not to call the surgery and just fill out the online form but like you said, everyone I know who works in H&S has been offered it via their employer?

I just don’t know who they got to word the text, they’ve probably caused even more calls to the surgery to check if it’s genuine to be honest 🤦🏻‍♀️

100% agree. My grandparents live in an area that was virtually Covid free before Christmas (had very few cases over a couple of months). Unfortunately they now have the highest rate of new cases in Scotland due to people travelling to the area from higher tiers across the border and bringing the new variant with them. The case numbers have been dreadful. They are reporting that the new variant is responsible for 84% of all new cases in the region and that last week the new case numbers were 6 times higher than they had been at the end of the previous week. Four people my gran knows died at the weekend from Covid. Keeping in mind, before Christmas they were Tier 1 and had very low levels of cases for months!
After posting this just yesterday, my gran has had a positive result this morning. She went to A&E yesterday for breathlessness and they discharged her but did a test as a precaution. No other symptoms as far as we can tell. She hasn't been anywhere since Christmas Day (she went to my cousins who are her support bubble) but she does have carers in every day so don't know whether she's caught it from them, or from Christmas, although we would have thought she'd have had symptoms before now if that was the case.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
After posting this just yesterday, my gran has had a positive result this morning. She went to A&E yesterday for breathlessness and they discharged her but did a test as a precaution. No other symptoms as far as we can tell. She hasn't been anywhere since Christmas Day (she went to my cousins who are her support bubble) but she does have carers in every day so don't know whether she's caught it from them, or from Christmas, although we would have thought she'd have had symptoms before now if that was the case.
I hope she gets better soon.

So many more people that I know have had it or have got it now compared to the spring when I only knew 1.

Reactions: 5
It’s so crazy how many people are getting it now. I had it way back in April. I haven’t had it again since (luckily), but the only people then I knew of who’d had it were some colleagues and obviously my residents. Out of work I didn’t know a soul who had it back then.

It’s so crazy how many people are getting it now. I had it way back in April. I haven’t had it again since (luckily), but the only people then I knew of who’d had it were some colleagues and obviously my residents. Out of work I didn’t know a soul who had it back then.
I think I knew more people going off ill first time round (from my work), it seemed to spread around the office in April/May! I think since then people are being more careful. No one I really know has had it but a lot more people are getting tested (always negative). Lots of patient too are coming out with it after catching it in hospital but they don’t send them home if they’re still poorly with it, usually just the asymptomatic ones.

Anyone else got the snow again? It's not stopped all day here in South Yorks and its about a foot deep now. Cars stranded everywhere. Our school's just asked everyone to come and collect their kids and they're staying closed tomorrow too. Last thing hospitals need is a spate of RTA's/slips and falls, especially with the elderly out and about for their vaccines.

Reactions: 4
Don't want to clog up the forum with a new thread for this question. Does anyone know whether it'd be within the rules for me to go over my mum's house to help her with some of her shopping etc. She is disabled and lives with my brother only, who is 18. He is technically her carer but admitedly, he isn't coping well/is out of his depth. My mum's mental health isn't the best either she starts to get paranoid and hysterical if left on her own too long. I can't 'bubble' because I am in a two person household.

I have been on the gov website to check but cannot find any allowance for this so any advice is much appreciated!
Sounds like a welfare visit which were okayed in the
Don't want to clog up the forum with a new thread for this question. Does anyone know whether it'd be within the rules for me to go over my mum's house to help her with some of her shopping etc. She is disabled and lives with my brother only, who is 18. He is technically her carer but admitedly, he isn't coping well/is out of his depth. My mum's mental health isn't the best either she starts to get paranoid and hysterical if left on her own too long. I can't 'bubble' because I am in a two person household.

I have been on the gov website to check but cannot find any allowance for this so any advice is much appreciated!
I'm sure this would be classed as a welfare call.
I’m so mad right now.

All my colleagues have had their first dose of the vaccine and I wasn’t even informed by anyone of when it was happening so I missed it. Everyone else got a phone call to go in. Now I’m freaking out that I won’t get it and so pissed off. It just sums up the lack of communication.

Sorry, had to rant. I’ve been asking about the vaccine for ages too.
Push them on it. They have a duty of care or stay away demanding full pay till they provide it.

Reactions: 3
Anyone else got the snow again? Our schools just aske everyone to come and collect their kids and theyre staying closed tomorrow too. Last thing hospitals need is a spate of RTA's/slips and falls, especially with the elderly out and about for their vaccines.
Yep. I just about made it home from work. I haven’t even attempted to collect our little girl from my mums because I refuse to get stuck with her (we live about 12 miles away from my mums.)

My OH is still at work after his night shift covering for those who haven’t been able to make it in. The roads are absolute hell with abandoned cars everywhere. I thought I wasn’t a confident driver in the snow but having seen the efforts of some this morning, I do just fine. 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.