Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #77

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I always just think of any symptoms after as being like after when babies get their jabs, they are sometimes a bit poorly for a day or 2 after and out of sorts.

Reactions: 7
My partners cousin had the Oxford vaccine the other day and felt awful the day after. Apparently she had loads of symptoms/side effects. Felt a bit out of sorts the day after that but seems to be doing ok now I think. It seems to really knock some people sick but hopefully the majority are generally fine?

Reactions: 2
My partners cousin had the Oxford vaccine the other day and felt awful the day after. Apparently she had loads of symptoms/side effects. Felt a bit out of sorts the day after that but seems to be doing ok now I think. It seems to really knock some people sick but hopefully the majority are generally fine?
Most vaccinations will make people have side effects. It's your immune system reacting to the virus, getting all fired up.

Reactions: 9
Don't want to clog up the forum with a new thread for this question. Does anyone know whether it'd be within the rules for me to go over my mum's house to help her with some of her shopping etc. She is disabled and lives with my brother only, who is 18. He is technically her carer but admitedly, he isn't coping well/is out of his depth. My mum's mental health isn't the best either she starts to get paranoid and hysterical if left on her own too long. I can't 'bubble' because I am in a two person household.

I have been on the gov website to check but cannot find any allowance for this so any advice is much appreciated!

Reactions: 5
Don't want to clog up the forum with a new thread for this question. Does anyone know whether it'd be within the rules for me to go over my mum's house to help her with some of her shopping etc. She is disabled and lives with my brother only, who is 18. He is technically her carer but admitedly, he isn't coping well/is out of his depth. My mum's mental health isn't the best either she starts to get paranoid and hysterical if left on her own too long. I can't 'bubble' because I am in a two person household.

I have been on the gov website to check but cannot find any allowance for this so any advice is much appreciated!
I think it is in the rules if it's essential in the sense that they can't cope. You can travel for you mental health, so you would be allowed to go over and help her. Even though your brother is 18 he is still very young, I'm sure anyone would understand the need for you to help.

Reactions: 16

This is great news! A fairly large study confirming that overall you develop a level of immunity after having covid. There isn’t a complete view of how long this lasts due to us still being in the middle of the pandemic but combined with the vaccine it should definitely help us on the road back to normal.

Reactions: 16

I’m sure it is allowed as it is classed as care.
For peace of mind you could all wear masks and still socially distance.
My dad is disabled too so I get his shopping, etc.
Take care xx

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Most vaccinations will make people have side effects. It's your immune system reacting to the virus, getting all fired up.
I’ve had loads of vaccinations but have never had any sort of illness after them. A sore arm is the worst I’ve got. I never even considered they make you feel ill! Didn’t even think about it before

I’ve had loads of vaccinations but have never had any sort of illness after them. A sore arm is the worst I’ve got. I never even considered they make you feel ill! Didn’t even think about it before
I was proper ill for about a week after getting the 2019 flu vacc. Obviously can't ever be sure it was the jab wot dun it. Might have just been coincidental.

I think it's the Yellow Fever vaccination that is well known for fairly unpleasant side effects in many people?

Reactions: 3
I was proper ill for about a week after getting the 2019 flu vacc. Obviously can't ever be sure it was the jab wot dun it. Might have just been coincidental.

I think it's the Yellow Fever vaccination that is well known for fairly unpleasant side effects in many people?
I was watching desperate housewives and Carlos had a reaction due to be allergic and has the sweets and was bed bound for a week. Random I know 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1

I felt ill the evening after having some travel vaccs, I think it was Hep B and typhoid. But was fine the next day, just had a sore arm.

My grandparents have both been poorly after the flu jab (my Nan was actually very unwell and taken to hospital). Could have been a coincidence but within hours of her jab she felt dreadfully unwell & collapsed, no proof of an actual allergic reaction though so we’re not sure what caused it but she came home and was fine after a week or so. However we have spoken and they would rather risk feeling unwell now for a week than risk covid and potentially end up in hospital alone and very poorly at their age. The fear of dying alone is a real one. They have just this morning had their first dose of the vaccine. I’ve told them to be prepared to spend the day cosy at home and hopefully they’ll have zero side effects! My friend is 30 in the US and this week had her second Pfizer dose. She was quite anxious as there have been reports about side effects after the second dose but she has been absolutely fine, nothing to report other than a sore arm at the injection site.

Reactions: 5
I felt dreadful last time I had a tetanus jab. Really sore arm plus fatigue. Obviously much better than the alternative though!

Reactions: 3
I’m usually poorly after the flu jab, last year really poorly. Had it again this year and had nothing, convinced they put something in it so we didn’t have covid symptoms 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1

Yellow Fever side effects are HORRID. But you can’t enter many African countries without them so I had to suck it up and deal.

I had a bad allergic reaction to the MMR, arm swelled up, flu like symptoms etc as a child so my mum didn’t take me for the booster. I had the booster in my 20s and had all of the same reactions.

I also reacted badly to my hepatitis vaccine but felt better in about 24 hours.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.