Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #77

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My Nana had the jab on Tuesday and is complaining of flu like symptoms. I’ve explained that that’s normal but my anxiety is going a bit overboard 😬
I felt feverish the night after mine, muscle aches/chills generally feeling under the weather. I took myself off to bed around 8pm and was fine the next day (and since).

Try not to worry, anything in the first 48hrs is very normal.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Husbands grandma fine after her first jab, but after second dose she was a bit unwell and was sick a few times and had a an achey arm.

Fine the day after though and no further side effects. (She had Pfizer obvs.)

Husbands grandad has now been booked in for tomorrow to get his first jab and in April for his second at the local sports club 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Staff off sick after having the vax? I’m not sure why I’m so surprised by this. Only me?

Staff off sick after having the vax? I’m not sure why I’m so surprised by this. Only me?
I’m surprised to hear there’s so many, no one I know directly has been off sick with it so that’s reassuring. I don’t want to waste my sick leave on this, might book the day off after or something.

Reactions: 1
I’m surprised to hear there’s so many, no one I know directly has been off sick with it so that’s reassuring. I don’t want to waste my sick leave on this, might book the day off after or something.
I would expect the usual sore arm etc, but never needing to take sick leave because of it.

Reactions: 5
I booked mine during my annual leave just in case. I've not needed to, I could have gone to work. Though I hear the second jab can be worse and I've got that booked at the start of a run of three shifts 😩😆

• Wow
  • Sad
I booked mine during my annual leave just in case. I've not needed to, I could have gone to work. Though I hear the second jab can be worse and I've got that booked at the start of a run of three shifts 😩😆
I’m waiting to get my appointment through, we don’t have a choice when we get it which is annoying as I’d rather get it last thing on a Friday so I can go home and sleep if I need to! Knowing my luck it’ll be 8am on a Monday before the busiest week of my life 😂

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
I’m waiting to get my appointment through, we don’t have a choice when we get it which is annoying as I’d rather get it last thing on a Friday so I can go home and sleep if I need to! Knowing my luck it’ll be 8am on a Monday before the busiest week of my life 😂
Johnson is on about 24 hr vaccinations. You might have it at 2am Tuesday morning 😬😬
(not really, I think that will be only for those who want it at that time)

• Haha
Should never expect anything from the Daily Mail, I know, but their attempt at vilifying the homeless for being given the covid jab ahead of the over 70s as though it's something the homeless demanded or should turn down has made me feel sick. The most depressing thing is it has worked...the comment section on that article is one of the most appalling displays of inhumanity I've ever seen.

There needs to be proper regulation of the press in the UK. The way they actively stir hatred should not be legal.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
I would expect the usual sore arm etc, but never needing to take sick leave because of it.
Yes, don’t get me wrong majority of people have just had the sore arm, others have flu like symptoms- unable to get out of bed the next day, tingling down to their fingers and shivering

• Wow
Just wondered how my lovely school worker Tattlers are finding numbers for next week?

We are having MORE requests for places... totally surprised me as I thought we would have fewer, especially with the Head sending out a plea to only apply as a last resort. Is it an anomaly?

58% in today. Can see us topping 60% next week.
We are still increasing too. I had a extra in my bubble this week and at least 2 more arriving next week.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Just seen something about Piers Morgan going to Antigua for Christmas.

Now I’m not really bothered what people do within the rules because if it’s that bad it shouldn’t be allowed but...

Piers Morgan has been the preachiest fucker about how it’s not that hard to stay at home and yet goes off to spend Christmas abroad? It’s so hypocritical.

Follow the rules guys and stay at home unless you have money 🙃

Reactions: 24
If he has done that.. well he can duck off. Hypocrite.
He’s not denying it and has said technically it’s allowed (which it is), coooool fine Piers but you were openly judging people for daring to see their family when it was allowed.

Reactions: 6
Yes, don’t get me wrong majority of people have just had the sore arm, others have flu like symptoms- unable to get out of bed the next day, tingling down to their fingers and shivering
I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that those who have covid then received the vaccine are receiving worse side effects than those who had never had covid

I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that those who have covid then received the vaccine are receiving worse side effects than those who had never had covid
ohh really, yea a few of them do seem to be people who have had covid and another who had antibodies on the blood test but was never confirmed covid via a swab

A friends little boy has been in hospital with paediatric inflammatory multi system syndrome thought to be caused by covid. Been on 3 types of IV antibiotics for 7 days, had his appendix out and developed a heart murmur

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.