Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #77

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didnt post for praise or anything. I fully believe there will be people for whatever reason who cannot wear masks. Im just not sure that is as many as I see.

Despite the governments woeful response to this pandemic we all have a personal responsibility not only to ourselves but to other people we may come into contact with. We all need to try and come together without that we will never get out this mess.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
After all of these stories of people catching COVID in hospitals I am now starting to worry about my hospital appointment next week. It’s to rule out breast cancer, hopefully, which is quite serious. Is it people who have to stay at the hospital who seem to catch it or even people going for appointments?
I probably not helped by MIL telling me every day not to go and to postpone 😔
Please don't miss your appointment. I had to go for my 1 year checkup and mammogram just before Christmas and it was not a problem. The Cancer dept was well away from other depts and I felt very safe and was well looked after. Had I not gone I would have worried more about whether the cancer had returned if I had not gone. ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m so sorry to hear that I know you were a stickler for the rules to keep him safe, I hope he makes a speedy recovery x
Thanks Monga.
Yes I’ve willingly put myself in lockdown since the start of last March and I’m now thinking ”for what?”
I’ve not hugged him or kissed him in almost a year and the only time I’ve been within 2 metres of him was on Christmas Day and I still didn’t touch him even then.

Then he goes into hospital for a minor procedure and they put him in a ward where they have Covid patients.
He is currently on oxygen so we just have to wait and hope.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
After all of these stories of people catching COVID in hospitals I am now starting to worry about my hospital appointment next week. It’s to rule out breast cancer, hopefully, which is quite serious. Is it people who have to stay at the hospital who seem to catch it or even people going for appointments?
I probably not helped by MIL telling me every day not to go and to postpone 😔
Outpatient appointments are relatively safe to be honest. I work in outpatients and we have someone on the door checking temperatures of everyone before they are allowed in. We are well away from the wards. It is very important that you still attend your appointment. However, if you decide not to go, please let them know. We are having many people just not attending and it causes lots of extra admin for us, which we could do with our right now. Please go x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Guys, I wish I could respond to every single one of them. I was always planning to go, will just have more anxiety no just about them results, but also about catching COVID and bringing it home to my in-laws. Hopefully it will go well and I will have neither. Thank you all ❤

Reactions: 13
Guys, I wish I could respond to every single one of them. I was always planning to go, will just have more anxiety no just about them results, but also about catching COVID and bringing it home to my in-laws. Hopefully it will go well and I will have neither. Thank you all ❤
Totally normal to feel like that at the moment. Let us know how you get on xx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thanks Monga.
Yes I’ve willingly put myself in lockdown since the start of last March and I’m now thinking ”for what?”
I’ve not hugged him or kissed him in almost a year and the only time I’ve been within 2 metres of him was on Christmas Day and I still didn’t touch him even then.

Then he goes into hospital for a minor procedure and they put him in a ward where they have Covid patients.
He is currently on oxygen so we just have to wait and hope.
Your dad's a strong man I'm sure he'll fight it for all he's worth you've always did well by him x

• Heart
Reactions: 7
@DuckDuck as I don’t have PM privileges, I can’t message you directly so I will have to do it here.

I’d like to apologise that you received some negative comments about wearing a visor. You only posted about it in response to my mask post.
I appreciate that you are trying your best in the circumstances and I’m so sorry you were criticised for it - that was not my intention at all.
Stay safe xx

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Just spoke to mum and she’s got her appt for her 2nd Jab in a couple of weeks time. My grandma has her jab booked for Monday too. Such a relief as that’s the 2 most vulnerable in my family.

challenging day of homeschool today. So we gave up earlier than usual and made rocky road. Weighing out ingredients is good maths for a 5yo no?

• Heart
Reactions: 14

I think Boris looks totally defeated here

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
My Nana had the jab on Tuesday and is complaining of flu like symptoms. I’ve explained that that’s normal but my anxiety is going a bit overboard 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My Nana had the jab on Tuesday and is complaining of flu like symptoms. I’ve explained that that’s normal but my anxiety is going a bit overboard 😬
Yea that is normal, we have 3 nurses currently off on sick with flu symptoms after the first jab

• Wow
  • Sad
Yea that is normal, we have 3 nurses currently off on sick with flu symptoms after the first jab
Yea we’ve had a few off sick after the jab too which isn’t ideal as already short staffed with loads off self isolating

Also have another young nurse who has had the second vaccine a few days ago and now he has a very fast heart rate which doesn’t seem to be a side effect

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Think of it as her body building up all that lovely immunity.

The flu jab always gives me flu like symptoms but they pass.

Back to work now for three days, just an observation but there is more traffic including foot traffic than Lockdown 1.
Lockdown 2 was a joke because it didn't seem like a lockdown at all.

I've even seen the return of queues at supermarket, thought that would never return.

Reactions: 12
Just wondered how my lovely school worker Tattlers are finding numbers for next week?

We are having MORE requests for places... totally surprised me as I thought we would have fewer, especially with the Head sending out a plea to only apply as a last resort. Is it an anomaly?

58% in today. Can see us topping 60% next week.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.