Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #76

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sorry you and your Mum have had to go through all that. If anyone is getting pressured by the council to pay anything then they need to get proper legal advice. I honestly don't think your Mum could have been forced to make up the care package if she was low waged. They would have put a tie on the house but if she was over 60 then it couldn't have been sold from under her.
My mum isn't classed as low earner as she has state pension and works. The fact she has no money left at the end of the month doesn't matter it is earnings not outgoings considered.

Like I say we were lucky to get CHC. So it was fully NHS funded. The fact we then had very little say in where he went or his care is another matter, despite holding POA for health and welfare. My dad died in October 2019 due to failings in his care.

Like I say dementia is the wrong disease. "Help" for those with dementia isn't forthcoming and even getting a diagnosis is painful

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
My best friends mum has covid. She’s currently doing chemo as she was diagnosed with breast cancer in December. This is awful. Her white cells are low due to chemo and she’s really unwell.

My friend is a single mum, they’ve no other family as they lost her sister 18 months ago. They live in Blackpool and have no help. I live in Wales, I feel so so helpless. Her mums very unwell in hospital 😢😢😢 My friend has had to test too but she can’t even get to a postbox to post the test because she’s possibly got Covid and can’t leave the house. She also doesn’t feel well enough to go to the postbox and she has nobody who can post it for her. Her mum needs clothes etc and my friend can’t get them to her in hospital. I feel terrible for them in this mess.

She’s got a toddler and she’s all on her own, the last month or so has been dreadful for them since her mum got diagnosed 😢😢😢

Is there any help out there for people in this situation?

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Sky news with Ooh....

police could enforce stricter measures from today in a bit to crack down on people flouting restrictions.......”

head of police dude......

“we have no plans to change how we deal with the public and continue to follow the engage, encourage approach.....”

“But. You COULD arrest someone”

“I mean. No, Not likely”

“But as you’ve just said it’s likely”

“Huh? no, I just said no”

“so just to clarify anyone outside their door for longer than 3 min will be arrested and thrown into jail”

BREAKING. YOU WILL BE ARRESTED IF YOU LEAVE YOUR ACTUAL HOUSE TO BUY ACTUAL MILK FROM TODAY.....

• Haha
Reactions: 17
My best friends mum has covid. She’s currently doing chemo as she was diagnosed with breast cancer in December. This is awful. Her white cells are low due to chemo and she’s really unwell.

My friend is a single mum, they’ve no other family as they lost her sister 18 months ago. They live in Blackpool and have no help. I live in Wales, I feel so so helpless. Her mums very unwell in hospital 😢😢😢 My friend has had to test too but she can’t even get to a postbox to post the test because she’s possibly got Covid and can’t leave the house. She also doesn’t feel well enough to go to the postbox and she has nobody who can post it for her. Her mum needs clothes etc and my friend can’t get them to her in hospital. I feel terrible for them in this mess.

She’s got a toddler and she’s all on her own, the last month or so has been dreadful for them since her mum got diagnosed 😢😢😢

Each council has set up a help line with access to services and helpers. If you search for her postcode it should bring up a number who you could call. They will be able to sort the test and arrange for and food and medication she needs they should also be able to help with her mum.

Reactions: 12
Each council has set up a help line with access to services and helpers. If you search for her postcode it should bring up a number who you could call. They will be able to sort the test and arrange for and food and medication she needs they should also be able to help with her mum.
Thank you so much. I’ll do that.

NHS Volunteer Responders? I'm not in England so don't know much about it but heard it mentioned the other day.
Thank you I’ll do some googling.

Reactions: 6
Fingers crossed she’s ok 💜💜
Hope it’s OK. If she’s had the first dose at least two weeks ago, even if by some bad stroke of luck she’s caught it again then she will more than likely be protected from getting very poorly. Sucks but knowing she will only feel mildly unwell is hopefully reassuring. Better still hopefully the symptoms have arisen from being run down and overworked like I’m sure she is. Bless her. Fingers crossed for you x

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Search for Mutual Aid groups in her area - local volunteers who will help get her some shopping and run errands or even just provide a friendly ear.

Reactions: 7

If you call 119 you can request a courier to collect the test

Reactions: 3

Seems the BBC are very keen to bang the drum on making sure we abide by the government's current lockdown rules, even if its to the detriment of ordinary people's livelihoods and mental health.

And yet, this video purports to show the BBC filming an episode of Doctor Who on a beach in Wales these last few days, and there doesn't appear to be much SD or mask wearing going on.

The commentator in the video does make the point that such filming for TV shows is "exempt" from Covid rules (1m13s). I don't know if that is true, but one does wonder why?

Reactions: 1
If you call 119 you can request a courier to collect the test
Brilliant. Thank you 😊

Search for Mutual Aid groups in her area - local volunteers who will help get her some shopping and run errands or even just provide a friendly ear.
That’s great. Thank you so much. My friend is really poorly, so she’s worried as she has no one to look after her son if she ended up needing hospital too. Feel for anyone going through this and not having help, it’s awful.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Seems the BBC are very keen to bang the drum on making sure we abide by the government's current lockdown rules, even if its to the detriment of ordinary people's livelihoods and mental health.

And yet, this video purports to show the BBC filming an episode of Doctor Who on a beach in Wales these last few days, and there doesn't appear to be much SD or mask wearing going on.

The commentator in the video does make the point that such filming for TV shows is "exempt" from Covid rules (1m13s). I don't know if that is true, but one does wonder why?
I have a relative who works in films. TV and film studios have spent absolute fortunes on making their workCovid secure. My relative is only a tertiary role in transport and gets three covid tests a week, others get more, they’re fed on set and everyone strongly adheres to social distancing and mask wearing wherever they are not on camera / makeup / eating. Any positive tests the rules governing who needs to isolate are much stricter than they were for say, schools, it’s anyone that’s been within 2m of them for any length of time until they’ve had an instant and then a 5 day test and both negative before they return to work. My relative has worked for various studios since they were allowed to return in summer and knows of two individual positive cases which effectively shut filming for two weeks. That’s hundreds of people involved and out of work after six months unemployed last year so people are generally very strict about rule following, including some staying in hotels away from family so that they don’t risk catching it. From what I’ve been told it’s probably the most covid secure industry because there are so many millions / billions in jeopardy in the entertainment industry.

Reactions: 13
So Morrison and Sainsbury’s are going to challenge people without masks now? I think it’s time tbh. I understand some people can’t wear them but I would say 99% can and most are taking the piss. I do wonder how they are going to police it and who will take the brunt of the anger from customers.. most likely poor staff on minimum wage.

we definitely are too soft though there’s none of this exemption stuff in the US is there? People are turned away or asked to leave without a mask
I live in the US and still shop at the supermarket. I live alone and work from home so going to the supermarket, while risky, is my only chance to see other people. Not that I'm chatting to anyone but just to be out and see other people helps me. Anyway, there are signs at the doors saying masks are required upon entry. I know one supermarket in town has a dispenser for a free mask if you need one and some sprays bottles to sanitize your grocery cart. The supermarket I shop at does not have a mask dispenser but they have someone standing near the carts that sanitizes them so they've been sanitized before you touch them.

No one is challenged about wearing a mask but I've never seen anyone walk in without one. However, I've seen plenty of people with masks that don't cover their nose. Or people who once inside the store will pull their mask down and leave it on their chin.

I think the UK is doing a lot more than the US. It's a free for all here to be honest. No retail stores are closed in my state or any state that I know of. There is a curfew but they've said they won't arrest anyone if they see them out driving during the curfew hours. Some schools are doing all virtual learning while others are doing a mixture. My sister's school is still holding in person classes, everyone wears a mask at all times, and students are discouraged from talking to each other. Sports are still being played but masks are to be worn by everyone watching. You can still yell/cheer while wearing a mask. Spectators for school sports were limited to parents at one point, not sure if that it still the case.

Reactions: 8
NHS Volunteer Responders? I'm not in England so don't know much about it but heard it mentioned the other day.
Or look on Facebook for their local area, there may be community organisations that are able to help

Reactions: 2
Thats a good point. I remember back in March we had to queue and we could only grab a trolley or basket that was sanitised as we been handed it. In the last 4 months or so, none of this has been in place anymore at our local sainsbos. You grab a trolley that’s in the trolley area and when you finish you just put them back there again. I feel like sainsbos has gotten a bit lax in their prevention in my local town anyway.
marks on the other hand have been on it for the past 2 months. Sanitising and queues are mandatory again

Reactions: 6
In 2020, nearly 697,000 deaths were registered, compared with an average of nearly 606,000 each year between 2015 and 2019

Big spike in deaths last year and sadly I don't think this is the peak. Although more information is needed as how many were say people not calling an ambulance because of a heart attack or any of the other many knock on affects?

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Jesus they’re going to be tightening our restrictions even more

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.