Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #74

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My sons school uses google classroom they don't put a time frame on the work just what people can fit around their lifestyle ,it's so much easier than being pressured to get the work done and teachers don't have to go around handing stuff out .

Reactions: 7
Honest answers guys when do you actually think we will get back to some sort of proper reality?
Early 2022 if I’m being honest. I’m basing that on the COVID-19 calculator saying that I’ll have to wait until June 2021 - September 2021 before getting vaccinated and that’s taking into account my underlying health conditions allowing me the option of vaccination before younger and ‘healthier’ members of the population. These timelines have a habit of being ’optimistic’ hence me saying it’ll be 2022 before we are all vaccinated and able to resume any semblance of life as we knew it.

Reactions: 8
YES!! Neu has a live teaching guidance page .. Advises you shouldn't show yr home or film your face.. Yr face could be screen shot o r filmed and digitally anything done with it by a child or adult and put online.

Reactions: 2
My sons school uses google classroom they don't put a time frame on the work just what people can fit around their lifestyle ,it's so much easier than being pressured to get the work done and teachers don't have to go around handing stuff out .
I think that's what ours will be. Only had info from my youngest's teacher and they'll be doing white rose maths sheets, English (spellings) and mindfulness colouring to complete over the week

I'm quite anxious about what the year 5 work will be like!! Year 4 was hard enough 😂

Reactions: 1
Some of the comments about teachers and schools made me sad :( we are doing the best that we can in a very tit situation.

Today we had to organise the key worker and vulnerable children list, sort out individual resources for returning children, prep online learning, organise a timetable for break and lunch times so no bubbles mix, prep actual real life learning, ring every single child to ensure they had what they needed and then some people went out delivering pens, paper and exercise books to those who needed them. We are also going to deliver iPads to those who don’t have access or only have one when they have multiple children.

All this after I spent the majority of my weekend planning and resourcing the next few weeks, which I now have to completely change.

From tomorrow I will be teaching full time in my key worker bubble and my partner teacher will be in charge of home learning, filming and editing videos modelling examples for each lesson (this is a school expectation).

You cannot win, some people want live lessons (which by the way are advised against for primary by unions because of safeguarding concerns) and all singing and dancing and are saying we are not doing enough. Other people are saying it’s too much and not manageable.

I understand home schooling is difficult and depends entirely on your circumstances, but teachers and school staff are just doing the best they can, just as you are 💖
I haven't really seen any negative posts about actual teachers. Just worry about how to juggle what is expected. None of this is their fault. Schools are following government guidance for what should be provided and unfortunately that guidance has been hit and miss so schools are left just muddling through, trying to doing what they think is the right thing. Although I do question the logic of issuing sanctions to six years old (mentioned by someone earlier) that don't complete work. That is a whole level of stress that is just not needed.

Everybody understands how stressful this situation has been for teachers, particularly the last few days of uncertainty.

It's just very, very stressful for everyone. It's not unreasonable for people to be concerned about how they will manage though and it doesn't mean they don't appreciate teachers who are going out of their way to support children.

Sadly not all schools are able to provide extra devices etc because they haven't recieved the funding the government originally promised them. Also the demand on what is expected teaching wise (from actual teachers) is greater than it was last time, both for children in school and those home learning. It's a lot of pressure on everyone and it shouldn't be turned into a blame game (not directed at you!) when everyone is just doing their best.

Reactions: 9
I think that's what ours will be. Only had info from my youngest's teacher and they'll be doing white rose maths sheets, English (spellings) and mindfulness colouring to complete over the week

I'm quite anxious about what the year 5 work will be like!! Year 4 was hard enough 😂
It's really straight forward each teacher puts a subject on everyday they only expect them to spend about 10/15 mins on each subject ,it's more realistic to expect about 2hrs work per day than 6hrs there's noway mine would sit for that long doing work .

Reactions: 10
Gosh this evening has been depressing. I needed to pop to the local corner shop to get bread for tomorrow, so I went at about 7pm to avoid the dinner time rush. Because the air is cold outside, and there was less traffic and people, it was so eerie! I felt like I shouldn’t even be popping to the shop for bread :eek: Still very grateful to be able to work from home but i have been since March and I’m really starting to get cabin fever at the moment.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I don’t think they will? The cases would have followed the same trajectory either way. Also these are cases, they are not necessarily people who are showing acute illness. The only reason someone may regret seeing family is if they have now tested positive and know they passed it on, otherwise I don’t see why we should all hang our heads in shame for being human and grasping into what little normality we had? Sorry for the rant it’s not directed at you per say, I’m just fed up of the “SEE!!! WE SHOULD STAY INSIDE AND NEVER SEE ANOTHER HUMAN BEING” brigade. Yes, it’s tit but people need to stop throwing blame around.
I know what you are saying, perhaps I should have explained better.

I just think that if Boris cancelled xmas the case figures might not be as high as they are now, Boris relaxed too much.

Reactions: 4
It's really straight forward each teacher puts a subject on everyday they only expect them to spend about 10/15 mins on each subject ,it's more realistic to expect about 2hrs work per day than 6hrs there's noway mine would sit for that long doing work .
Ours sounds like how it was before, daily maths sheet, times table rock stars and then they can pick 1 thing from the English to work on throughout the week

Without sounding like a conspiracist, I genuinely don’t know of anybody with it at the moment either.
I've heard of loads in the last week or so, I'm in the Midlands. Just today my friend text to say her husband has tested positive. Also another friend and her partner and daughter all tested positive last week, my neighbour was taken to hospital Christmas eve and my cousin and her fiance got positive results on Xmas day 😔 Luckily apart from my neighbour all have been relatively mild and only felt very rough for a few days

My Dad had it in April and is still in a care home after 4 months in hospital. Very real in my life unfortunately

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
All I have left is fabric Christmas masks, anyone got any good suggestions for Spring 21 masks fashions 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I appreciate I am not a teacher but I used to teach in HE. But why are schools not pulling together, recording the syllabus to be watched but anyone in that area/council/country of that year group and then the teachers would be free to key workers and question/support. Why are all these teachers preparing their own things which are the same topics. Surely it could then be watched on the tv by some.

There must be a better way to navigate this for everyone, kids, parents and teachers. Our school have been great and quite relaxed, we have a Facebook group for the parents where everyone has popped areas they can help on if people are stuck and a few have done educational videos of their careers just to give the kids something else to watch.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
All I have left is fabric Christmas masks, anyone got any good suggestions for Spring 21 masks fashions 🤣
I don't but have a look at Etsy, they have some nice designs for you to emulate.

Reactions: 2
I know what you are saying, perhaps I should have explained better.

I just think that if Boris cancelled xmas the case figures might not be as high as they are now, Boris relaxed too much.
But it was supposed to be limited numbers and only for one day. Whilst I think the majority followed the guidelines, there were many who broke them too. It's those people who continually spoil it for everyone else.

Reactions: 6
Ours sounds like how it was before, daily maths sheet, times table rock stars and then they can pick 1 thing from the English to work on throughout the week
Yeah they get daily maths and English and MM and spelling about 2/3 hrs worth depending on how fast they do it but there’s no pressure to do anything.
1D2AA425-433E-44EB-A4E1-6D6B22A4E5B3.jpeg
49DF20BC-E0E5-4E41-AA17-DA44786F2DAC.jpeg

Some of the comments about teachers and schools made me sad :( we are doing the best that we can in a very tit situation.

Today we had to organise the key worker and vulnerable children list, sort out individual resources for returning children, prep online learning, organise a timetable for break and lunch times so no bubbles mix, prep actual real life learning, ring every single child to ensure they had what they needed and then some people went out delivering pens, paper and exercise books to those who needed them. We are also going to deliver iPads to those who don’t have access or only have one when they have multiple children.

All this after I spent the majority of my weekend planning and resourcing the next few weeks, which I now have to completely change.

From tomorrow I will be teaching full time in my key worker bubble and my partner teacher will be in charge of home learning, filming and editing videos modelling examples for each lesson (this is a school expectation).

You cannot win, some people want live lessons (which by the way are advised against for primary by unions because of safeguarding concerns) and all singing and dancing and are saying we are not doing enough. Other people are saying it’s too much and not manageable.

I understand home schooling is difficult and depends entirely on your circumstances, but teachers and school staff are just doing the best they can, just as you are 💖
If this is aimed at me I’ve not slagged any teachers off just expressed concern and worry and talked about how I’m feeling. I totally understand and appreciate teachers are working really hard. Sorry if I’ve upset anyone.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m waiting for the chav parents on the fb group to pipe up. Last time they all bought hot tubs from Aldi and then complained they had no devices for home learning 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.