Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #74

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That is odd. Did they do imaging on his lungs, which would show pneumonia? I am surprised they aren't testing him there.
I don’t know, he said blood tests and an X-ray. He was a bit snappy with me on the phone and just wanted me to book him a test so I’ve managed to get him one for tomorrow. My relationship with my brother can be difficult sometimes so I’m not pushing it as he was getting annoyed with my questions but I have booked the test so will have to wait on the results and see how he is

Reactions: 6
Without sounding like a conspiracist, I genuinely don’t know of anybody with it at the moment either.
I was the same, shocked that in the first wave none of my family, friends or colleagues had it! This time round though it’s been different, quite a few people I know have tested positive.

Reactions: 5
Now the school HT can’t guarantee that live classes that start next week won’t clash. And due to gdpr they can’t share the sessions after the fact. So that’s fantastic for those of us with more than one child and only one device/computer to run classrooms on, one child will always miss out.

Sorry I know I keep banging on about home school must be doing people’s heads in but I’m so nervous. I can’t see how I’m going to survive the next 6 weeks and beyond whilst keeping on top of all this school stuff. It seems a lot more serious/full on than last year. I’ve been in tears for the last half hour over it.
I know it’s easy for me to say ( my kids are all adults now) but try not to let this home schooling take over your life.

Do what you can , don’t beat yourself up and cut it down into chunks that suit you and your children.

• Heart
On the topic of how many people we know with covid, I currently personally know 3. But I know at friend's workplaces and in their families they've had more cases now. During first wave I knew nobody who had actually had it.
One lad has passed it onto his mother after posting constant conspiracy nonsense on facebook for the past few months. She is now in hospital.

People Covid positive share a bed with their spouse and the spouse doesn’t get it. Doesn’t necessarily mean the vaccine worked in the case of your friend.
I mean, 10 other people at his workplace that he's in close contact with daily have also contracted it within the past few weeks. (not all at the same time). I'd say it could be a good chance kind of 50/50 tbh, also it's not just him I'm sure there will be many situations like it now that people are finding out what they were given during the trials.

Covid-19: Pfizer vaccine efficacy was 52% after first dose and 95% after second dose, paper shows.
here: https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4826

Higher than zero. But we will need to wait and see as more develops.

Reactions: 2
On the topic of how many people we know with covid, I currently personally know 3. But I know at friend's workplaces and in their families they've had more cases now. During first wave I knew nobody who had actually had it.
One lad has passed it onto his mother after posting constant conspiracy nonsense on facebook for the past few months. She is now in hospital.

I mean, 10 other people at his workplace that he's in close contact with daily have also contracted it within the past few weeks. (not all at the same time). I'd say it could be a good chance kind of 50/50 tbh, also it's not just him I'm sure there will be many situations like it now that people are finding out what they were given during the trials.

Covid-19: Pfizer vaccine efficacy was 52% after first dose and 95% after second dose, paper shows.
here: https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4826

Higher than zero. But we will need to wait and see as more develops.
They said lastnight that the cases in the over 80's had dropped in NI and they were hopeful that was an indication the vaccine was working ,considering we've got the highest rate per 100,000 in Europe there must be something in it ?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I don’t know, he said blood tests and an X-ray. He was a bit snappy with me on the phone and just wanted me to book him a test so I’ve managed to get him one for tomorrow. My relationship with my brother can be difficult sometimes so I’m not pushing it as he was getting annoyed with my questions but I have booked the test so will have to wait on the results and see how he is
Hopefully you’ll be able to see some form of discharge note from him. Well done for doing as much as you can though, my mum is quite similar in frequent hosp admission and snappy/not always relaying information. It can be really tough. xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
You must be joking. He looks like a paedophile and has the air of a man who was bullied at school and has waited all these years to finally wield power over the lives of others and isn't ever going to give it up!
looks like a paedophile? What a disgusting comment

Reactions: 20
Now the school HT can’t guarantee that live classes that start next week won’t clash. And due to gdpr they can’t share the sessions after the fact. So that’s fantastic for those of us with more than one child and only one device/computer to run classrooms on, one child will always miss out.

Sorry I know I keep banging on about home school must be doing people’s heads in but I’m so nervous. I can’t see how I’m going to survive the next 6 weeks and beyond whilst keeping on top of all this school stuff. It seems a lot more serious/full on than last year. I’ve been in tears for the last half hour over it feeling like I’m going to completely duck this up.
I'm feeling quite stressed about it all too. Four children with two devices between them, a better situation than some I realise but I have no idea how we are going to juggle the children's schedules, nevermind us both having to work too. It was much easier last lockdown when they put the work on the school website and I could print it off and sit with them all at the same time and work through it. None of this specific times on Teams stuff.
Key worker status prioritises (quite rightly) families with two key workers so we don't qualify.
It has felt a bit much today. I have a funeral to attend tomorrow with my eldest, so I've decided not to put too much pressure on home school this week, rather just do our best and see how much we can manage.
It does feel like a much bigger mountain to climb this time round though.
Take one day at a time, we will all get through it x

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hopefully you’ll be able to see some form of discharge note from him. Well done for doing as much as you can though, my mum is quite similar in frequent hosp admission and snappy/not always relaying information. It can be really tough. xx
Thank you, it’s almost impossible to ask him anything and I am sat questioning if he’s been dishonest in some way. Anyhow I love him and he’s on his way home safe and will be getting a test tomorrow so that is good. Thank you again xx

I'm feeling quite stressed about it all too. Four children with two devices between them, a better situation than some I realise but I have no idea how we are going to juggle the children's schedules, nevermind us both having to work too. It was much easier last lockdown when they put the work on the school website and I could print it off and sit with them all at the same time and work through it. None of this specific times on Teams stuff.
Key worker status prioritises (quite rightly) families with two key workers so we don't qualify.
It has felt a bit much today. I have a funeral to attend tomorrow with my eldest, so I've decided not to put too much pressure on home school this week, rather just do our best and see how much we can manage.
It does feel like a much bigger mountain to climb this time round though.
Take one day at a time, we will all get through it x
Look after yourself, I‘m always here if you need to talk. Will be thinking of you both tomorrow xxx

• Heart
We’ve heard nothing either, patient facing in the community - we have no idea if our patients are positive or not! We keep getting emails saying “we know everyone is keen to get the vaccine but we have a priority list to follow”.
Same crap we are being told too.

I've just seen that the BBC are putting educational programmes on TV during the day to help families homeschooling.

There's also this YT resource I saw on Twitter:

I hope that helps some people out there.

Reactions: 8
I've just seen that the BBC are putting educational programmes on TV during the day to help families homeschooling.

There's also this YT resource I saw on Twitter:

I hope that helps some people out there.
i find it so heart warming to see people pulling together to help each other out. not much makes my dark soul glow but this does!

Reactions: 11
Quite worried for my brother and sister, both in year 8. They are chuffed to be off (as I probs would have been as a lazy 13 year old) but they are going to miss so much.

My dad and stepmum both don’t place much value on education (used to make fun of me for reading books as a child 🙄) so they won’t be making them do anything. I mentioned it to my dad and his answer was ‘well they will get practical jobs anyway, they don’t need it’ 😬 they are going to be allowed to do whatever they want.

They are the kind of children who are going to miss out really, the ones not classed as vulnerable but whose parents really don’t care if they do well or not 😩

• Sad
Reactions: 17

Yel

Tesco was amazingly quiet today, about as many staff loading the shelves as people in there - very relaxing. Deals removed from the end of isles but still were available in the normal places.

This is probably best on the conspiracy theories thread. If you can watch this video please. This guy is deluded. The Rona is not real, he’s not even talking about. Boris, Hancock all who voted for the lockdowns will be taken off power. But this week will be a BIG week. Not sure why? I’m intrigued 🤪 JFK is alive and will come back. Maybe not this week, but when Trump is inaugurated on the 20th. And Biden is a clone. Not the real Biden. And!!! Wait for it.... in the next 180 days there will be full dliscosure on UFO and extra terrestrial life. Maybe not meet the aliens, but information on their existence. Wow!!!

• Wow
  • Haha

This is probably best on the conspiracy theories thread. Because they are all a bit crazy. If you can watch this video please. This guy is deluded. The Rona is not real, he’s not even talking about. Boris, Hancock all who voted for the lockdowns will be taken off power. But this week will be a BIG week. Not sure why? I’m intrigued 🤪 JFK is alive and will come back. Maybe not this week, but when Trump is inaugurated on the 20th. And Biden is a clone. Not the real Biden. And!!! Wait for it.... in the next 180 days there will be full dliscosure on UFO and extra terrestrial life. Maybe not meet the aliens, but information on their existence. Wow!!!
The thumbnail is interesting 👊💦

It is worth looking at vulnerable guidance to see if your child is eligible to attend school (if you want them too!). Especially for multi children households or with no/ limited device
It states things such as ‘no quiet place to work’ or ‘inability to access home learning’ as criteria.
Also worth asking school about any devices, we are doing all we can to get as many as we can to students.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.