Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DreamDolly

VIP Member
Instead of trying to mock me in a pathetic way, if our borders were wide open, and people were flying in from Covid19 hotspots, without a test and trace,, then allowed to get into taxis, buses,, trains, and allowed back into the public without self isolating, we didn't have a hard lockdown.
Yes, you keep repeating yourself regarding a “Hard Lockdown” but shutting the airports now would be like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted!! In your original post you just said that we hadn’t had a “hard lockdown”, but you didn’t elaborate further.
Shutting the airport’s wouldn’t have helped because there are other ways to enter the country. Plus the fact is that some people are covid positive but do not have symptoms!! What then??

Reactions: 1

monga

VIP Member
Complete lockdown is imminent for NI...schools to close for 4 weeks ...ban on international travel ...The 4 nations will take the same approach and ROI is to contact Belfast later tonight 🤷‍♀️....6,110 cases for the ROI today.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

The King in the North

That's not how parliament works. MPs also represent their constituents and hold surgeries locally during the week, every MP isn't sitting in the HOP every day of the week because they cannot be in two places at once. That isn't related to covid, that is how parliament works normally.

MPs attend for debates that they are particularly involved in or on important voting days.

As far as covid is concerned parliament is run as normal, and has been from May. Schools didn't return until September.
Is PMQ full or not?

Welshie40

Does anyone know if this new lockdown will be UK wide or just England? I get so confused with the devolved stuff! I’m in Wales and we’ve been in tier 4 since 20th December anyway so I can’t imagine anything is going to change for me either way!

Aren’t we already in full lockdown? I don’t think schools are open either
I assumed tier 4 was full lockdown but I’ve heard people saying tier 5 is essentially tight lockdown like March. It’s so confusing. My friend works in a school in South Wales (secondary) and he’s still in and all children are back in tomorrow.

Mrs McCarthy

Chatty Member
People have been saying it since the start but I still take issue with the "underlying conditions" statement. What do people count as this? Because unless these people were literally days from death and also happened to have covid then underlying conditions don't matter. Those people could and would still be alive if not for covid. For example - diabetes. People with diabetes are not weeks or even months from death and yet when these people contract covid and pass away some people explain it away as "underlying conditions."
They aren’t, but I have known quite a few people go into a coma with diabetes. Not sure about the right medical terms.
That’s the problem with underlying health conditions - it’s a fine balance. If it’s not managed properly or a person contracts another illness it may make them feel worth than a person with no underlying health conditions.
I have eczema and when I had chicken pox as an adult it completely wrecked my skin. Now normally eczema is annoying but it doesn’t bother me that much. But when the balance was tipped, I was literally covered head to toe with both pox spots and eczema.

Tallieban

On the Isle of Wight here, my 3 year old was due to start preschool Wednesday, and my daughters are due back in primary school Wednesday, as it stands the school expect the children in Wednesday morning! - Disappointed for my 3 year old as he was supposed to start September and I don’t want him behind his peers come the time he gets into reception class, this September.
Communication to parents has been particularly bad but obviously I understand it’s lacking at the top hence the extra confusion.

The King in the North

Like I said, you clearly have no idea how parliament works normally if you are claiming it isn't run in full right now, due to covid.

Feel free to go back to this time last year and compare how the chamber looks on any given day. Maybe look up how many MPs were running surgeries on those days too.
You mean how it was always fuller before Covid19, and now because social distancing, it isn't.

openbook1

VIP Member
Wow thats way above average for Canada?
We had loads of those jobs available too but I think the pay was standard £10/12 an hour as its something a lot of students applied for. Its the qualified nurses/doctors we need.
Yeah, it is very high.

July9696

Chatty Member
The question is, is it going to be pre recorded or live with the medical staff?

Was the second lockdown announcement pre recorded? I can’t remember!!

jazyblu

Chatty Member
You should do as they are direct quotes from a professor of medicine who's been knighted so his view should be taken notice of.

This isn't some journalist hack giving a view.
What views? Because his views are not your views?
Nowhere in the article did he say we should immediately go back to living as normal and have no restrictions for the virus whatsoever, nor did he say the vaccine is rushed so I'm curious to what part of this article you thinks backs your opinion up?

Stimpii

VIP Member
My friend just received an email from her kids school to say they're open tomorrow and children are expected in(primary). Maybe not a lockdown after all 🤷‍♀️
I’ve had the same from my sons junior school but think they’ve sent it knowing Boris could change that later.

Nursery/Infants attached to the same school are only open for keyworker children tho.

Geranium

VIP Member
I’m so sorry to hear this. My daughter was due to get married last Nov but postponed it until this Feb. Now it’s looking as though there will be another postponement. It’s like life is in limbo at the moment xx
Sorry you’re going through this too. Xx

Would you say that a business selling home improvements should still be allowed to enter people's homes to measure up for a quotation? Lots of home improvement companies out there still booking in quotes.