Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bubblesdahling

VIP Member
Oh, so it's live tonight then. As on sky they just cut to the no 10 front door and said he will be outside in 10mins(yeah right 😉)

Reactions: 1

Jamhead

VIP Member
Is Boris making an announcement at 5pm today? I keep hearing from people he is but I've not seen anything 'official' myself.

nbt

VIP Member
I think you could take the approach of 'not on our doorstep', so tell him the cases are rising in say London (if you don't live there) and that they are making the whole country shut down because of that one place but things aren't bad where you guys are, it's just so the people in London don't feel cross at being the only ones in lockdown. I think that's what I'm going to say.
Then maybe say something like, it will be great actually because we can play XYZ together that you got for Christmas and watch so and so, try and think of some things he likes doing to soften the blow a bit.
This is a really good idea, thank you 🥰

Zee dan

My manager at work seems to think key worker children in schools have to have BOTH parents key workers. Is this true? I feel like she’s giving false info out.
I would say this is correct too. As it will be work from home unless you're a key worker? For example my husband works and I am a stay at home mum so if my husband was a key worker I would be able to stay home to care for the children if schools are shut. I think it makes sense for both parents having to be key workers as no one is at home to be able to look after the child(ren)
I don't know though I could be very wrong 🤣

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
Like she always does, she is so anti-English it must actually hurt her to get up in the morning with all that rage inside.
I'm so glad to have found another person online who despises the Wee Jimmy Krankie bitch as much as me 😆

• Haha

Chopsuey

The people who think Sturgeon is not anti-English obviously don’t live in Scotland then.

• Heart

openbook1

VIP Member
Has anyone seen the NHS text messages they send when they need more staff to cover Covid wards? The wages are INSANE. I know someone who's a care worker and was offered a few shifts on Covid ward for triple pay. Idk what her job entailed on the ward but they are clearly very desperate for staff.
I applied to be a contact tracer, it is done from home, the wages were $35+ an hour. Have not heard back though.

Jxtina

Chatty Member
Sorry to go off topic slightly. Are parents sending thier children to nursery, if they are open?

My three year old is due to start later this month, on thr one hand I'm worrier about her catching it (though they are mainly outside) and feeling guilty as I am a sahm so she could be home with me. On the other she has barely interacted with another child this year except for a few times restrictions were relaxed and I think it will do her so much good with her confidence and mental health.
I have sent my 18 month old in. We work so will take any days we can get whilst we can - and like you say it's the only other interaction she has and she's been off for almost a month due to isolating and Christmas holidays and had regressed massively in a lot of ways. Our nursery have put further precautions in place too which has been reassuring but I do feel between a rock and hard place - I want to keep the staff safe but I can't work with a toddler and therefore that puts me under pressure especially as redundancies are constantly looming. I honestly don't know what we will do if there is another lockdown and nursery closes. I feel ill at the thought even though I do think a lockdown is imminent and we won't be alone in this worry and stress.

DreamDolly

VIP Member
What does this make it, 1 in about 5 million for the Phizer vaccine?

Awful for her family i'm sure but hardly points to any substantial risk the vaccine carries considering how many people have already been vaccinated worldwide.

Odds of being struck by lightening are 1 in 500,000 for comparison.
I wonder what the odds are of the CEO of a major pharmaceutical company selling millions of pounds worth of shares on the very day the vaccine announcement was made....🤔

Ohflogoff

VIP Member
It did work. Infection rates came down and the NHS wasn’t overwhelmed. The virus isn’t going anywhere, all they can do is suppress it, vaccinate and wait.
Oh I'm not sure about this. It was a different season and this virus is seasonal.