Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #72

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Feeling pretty fed up. Myself and OH had to go for a test this evening, hoping to get the results back ASAP.

He’s been feeling a wee bit tired, fatigued and run down the last couple days. He said more like a bad cold- aches and headache, sore throat and chest feeling but no coughing, fever or taste/smell.

Tonight he started to feel pretty hot and cold so I happened to check our temps and he was at flipping 37.9 😭😳 so off for a test we went. He’s started coughing only ever so slightly on the last couple hours.

I’m absolutely shitting myself he has it 😭 He’s went into proper internal freak out mode as he’s a worrier. I’m trying to be the calm, reasoned one but I want to scream.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
The professor that invented the Oxford vacc is Dublin born ...and arise Sir Lewis Hamilton well done to both !

Reactions: 4
My daughter had a test this morning and was told her result would be two to three days. She only went as she woke up with a cold, but is concerned just in case it's not, because her BF has been shielding since March. She's also concerned as if she does have it she was with me on Xmas day.

Just editing to say that although she lives with me, she's been over with BF since Xmas night.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
Is tier 4 Scotland the same as England? I cant keep up anymore 😂 all I know is my kids are online learning from the 11th, allegedly back to school on the 18th and tomorrow is vaccine day and Hogmanay 🎉🍷 also we are getting flow testing at my work so relatives can visit more. I think much of the first part of 2021 will be spent crying in joy for all our residents and their families 😊 bring on 2021!

Reactions: 18
I'm in the UK but we don't have tiers here so I went with Tier 4 - seems closest to our N.I lockdown?

Anyone else forgotten what tier 1 or 2 even means?!
One day when this is all over you'll hear words like 'tier' or 'quarantine' or 'lets do a zoom call' and get odd flashbacks that momentarily horrify you.

Reactions: 18
Anyone else forgotten what tier 1 or 2 even means?!
Nope. We were tier 1 before November lockdown, tier 2 after and now tier 3, even though the amount of cases has not changed massively. We had higher levels in lockdown then we have now. I am in Devon.

Reactions: 3
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Moved into Tier 4 again from midnight and this time I feel so down! Can’t see an end to it all. I’m really trying hard to focus on the positives and am so grateful for mine and my family’s health but wow I really do feel tit at the moment. Sick of working from home, having no social life, missing holidays and birthday celebrations. Excuse my rant, just generally feeling sorry for myself and my children.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
It’s very concerning. I live in the Southend area. One of my friends who works in the ‘cold’ zone at the local hospital says that a lot of the staff are very weary now.
I think a lot of the NHS are burning out now. We just don't have the resources any more. They need a break. I really feel for them. Hope the new vaccine is rolled out quickly and fewer people get sick now.

Reactions: 12
It’s very concerning. I live in the Southend area. One of my friends who works in the ‘cold’ zone at the local hospital says that a lot of the staff are very weary now.
Basildon hospital is at breaking point too. My friend waited 35 hours to be admitted as there was no space on the wards. She mentioned that Covid patients were ending up on non-Covid wards because of lack of beds. It’s shocking 😥

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I never knew what it meant....been tier 3 throughout! I think we’re all in for a long snd bumpy ride still 😔
I think January will be really crap, but then I'm hoping February we will start to see improvements.

Reactions: 8
Basildon hospital is at breaking point too. My friend waited 35 hours to be admitted as there was no space on the wards. She mentioned that Covid patients were ending up on non-Covid wards because of lack of beds. It’s shocking 😥
I've been hearing that about non-Covid wards too, makes you wonder how the spread can be controlled once wards get shared?

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I've been hearing that about non-Covid wards too, makes you wonder how the spread can be controlled once wards get shared?
My friend sent me a photo when she was admitted. They had basically made a makeshift area with floor to ceiling sealed dividers but the doors/entrance to said area was opposite her bed!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.