Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #72

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My father in law died just after midnight 😥😥

Cancer, delayed treatment due to covid.

All I've said all year is i just wanted all of us to make it out alive. It just wasn't to be

As horrible as this sounds i now have to hope my kids primary school opens as planned otherwise i can't go to the funeral.

We are tier 4. Are we even allowed funerals? My head hurts. My heart hurts.
So sorry to hear this. Sending hugs your way. Yes, tier 4 can have upto 20 people at funerals (in Scotland anyway) but I’m sure this was the same nationally.

Reactions: 2
I started feeling a bit under the weather yesterday; nothing specific other than felt a bit ‘coldly’ with a runny nose and eyes itching. This morning my left eye is swollen badly to the point I can barely see out of it. I was tested yesterday as we are participants of the ONS Survey so it’ll be interesting to see whether I have Covid or just a general cold. I’ve only been out for walks, no social gatherings, but husband has been shopping. We live in Tier 4 (Kent) and have one of the highest levels of infection but ironically, our son can go back to his junior school next week (providing I’m negative)? I don’t understand why our particular area is exempt but hey, we’re just little cogs!
I've woken up with a really sore and swollen eye, it hurts when the light changes if that makes sense?

Reactions: 1
Moved into Tier 4 again from midnight and this time I feel so down! Can’t see an end to it all. I’m really trying hard to focus on the positives and am so grateful for mine and my family’s health but wow I really do feel tit at the moment. Sick of working from home, having no social life, missing holidays and birthday celebrations. Excuse my rant, just generally feeling sorry for myself and my children.
I absolutely get you. I hit a wall the other day. I can’t really give any advice as it’s just tit and we just have to keep plodding on. Feel free to message me though, I’m happy to chat. 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hopefully she gets her test results quickly . Don’t panic yourself - as she has had a symptom , xmas day would not count as a contagious period - it is only 48 hours before symptoms you are classed as infectious - hope this clears some room in your mind
My mum gets tested weekly as she works in a care home and this week her result was positive but she has no symptoms. She also got the first dose of the vaccine 2 weeks ago.

I was at her house on Christmas Day and I woke up yesterday feeling like I’d been hit by a bus. Body all achey and going from hot to cold constantly, bit of a headache behind my eyes. Going by the track and trace process they only contact people you’ve been around up to 48 hours before the test date, so I wouldn’t be contacted. It doesn’t really make sense to me as they say it can take 5 days for symptoms to show and yesterday was 5 days after I seen her.

Daughter tested negative, thank goodness. That's the fourth test in less than two months and each time I go into melt down waiting for the results with a pounding headache and don't sleep very well - so spent most of last night just reading thread after thread on here.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Hope it's quiet tonight .In my area there is a lot of stubborn minded people who will not stick to the advice because it's coming from SNP . As if Boris has been nothing but useless. See some of our near neighbours already have visitors . Some people seem to have more bubbles than a bloody Aero bar . So many selfish people as long as they get a drink and a sh*g they don't care about anyone.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
A year to the day since China rang up the WHO and told them there was a weird flu like virus in wuhan

and also that they had a special offer on the bat and basil soup/chihuahua toastie combo throughout the month of January

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I've been feeling really tired the past few days, and I've woken up feeling a bit spaced out. Also have a really sore/swollen/weepy eye. It's eased a bit in the past two hours, but feels sensitive to light.

I've only been to the supermarket and out for walks with my partner (who i live with). Not seen anyone else. But we're Tier 4, London, and in a really high borough. First time I've felt a bit paranoid that I've got it.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Finally got my flu jab after waiting for weeks, and will be getting the Covid vaccine in 10 days.
I’d try and jiggle this appointment if you can. You need at least 14 days between the two and your consent form will ask for the date of your last vaccine.

Hope it's quiet tonight .In my area there is a lot of stubborn minded people who will not stick to the advice because it's coming from SNP . As if Boris has been nothing but useless. See some of our near neighbours already have visitors . Some people seem to have more bubbles than a bloody Aero bar . So many selfish people as long as they get a drink and a sh*g they don't care about anyone.
This!

I do not support Tory’s and I’m not particularly fond of Westminster. Yet I followed (and would again) all U.K. national lockdown advice. I’m fed up to my back teeth of people I know who won’t listen to “wee nippy” and no way is “that woman” telling me who I can / can’t see. Etc. Or better yet, the people who argue that Scot Gov have no authority to impose restrictions. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ It’s a legislation passing Parliament that definitely does have power/authority.
Sorry, you have triggered a full reaction from
me 😂😂 Fingers crossed Hogmanay does not bring too many house parties or that.

Reactions: 19
Question re vaccination (because as always everything is super confusing) if you’ve already had the first jab and your second one Is due next week will this now be pushed back?

Question re vaccination (because as always everything is super confusing) if you’ve already had the first jab and your second one Is due next week will this now be pushed back?
Don’t think so, I would attend your appointment as planned unless they advise differently.

Don’t think so, I would attend your appointment as planned unless they advise differently.
Lets hope so! It’s my 93 year old Nanna that’s had her first jab, and I think she’ll be really upset if it gets moved 🤷🏼‍♀️

I have my 2nd jag next week and will go as planned as not heard otherwise as yet. I wondered if they may use the longer time lapse between jags now to prioritise getting 1st jags to lots of people, and can stagger 2nd jag depending on priority eg: vulnerable people get it within 4 weeks as previously, but can stagger 2nd dose for those not quite so high needs?

I’ve been wondering the same my Grandma already had an appointment for her 2nd jab next week

• Heart
Simple politics have recently posted that second jabs will be postponed.

I assume you will be contacted to confirm

Screenshot_20201231-105525_Instagram.jpg

• Sad
Hancock said yesterday anyone that was due to get their second dose before 4th Jan would still get it all others will be re issued a new appointment .

I think the fire service is going to have a busy night with a lot more people setting off fireworks at home rather than going to displays. I hope people are sensible and there are no big gatherings :( just had to shout at my brother who had invited 2 of his friends round to his house... his girlfriend is extremely early into her pregnancy!!! He’s realised that he shouldn’t do it and cancelling but didn’t think it would be a big deal because it was just 2 people🙄🙄

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.