Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #72

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No noise about tier 5?

I wonder why they deem primary more risky than early years.
Nursery workers aren’t as unionised and don’t have a voice, and the industry is effectively privatised.

Parents are even less likely to be able to work from home with toddlers with no independence.

Clearly feeling jaded today 😆

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Oh thats interesting! No, she wasn’t really ill at all - just a mild cough. And none of her immediate family got it back in September either.
it's so crazy how it can be SO infectious, i.e. you can pick it up in a supermarket etc yet some people don't even catch it when others in their household do, I know people like that too

Reactions: 9
it's so crazy how it can be SO infectious, i.e. you can pick it up in a supermarket etc yet some people don't even catch it when others in their household do, I know people like that too
its so odd, in my ex’s household only 2 out of the 4 of them have it (mildly).

Reactions: 2
Someone on Reddit had worked out the relationship rate between positive test results and deaths, for which there was a 20 day lag. If their figures were correct they had >2000 deaths by 8th Jan. I seriously hope they're wrong but the maths seemed solid.
do you have a link to this? Would love to read😊

Reactions: 1
Just a reminder that they are living their lives as normal in New Zealand. They must look at us in Europe and the USA and wonder how we managed to make such a hash of it.

Yes I agree. But I think that they did the right thing and went into a proper lockdown, refusing flights into their country. I can't see the UK being in such a fabulous position this year, but I do hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: 7
Judging by the amount of alcohol going in next doors house I'm assuming it's not going to be quite night in for two

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
Nursery workers aren’t as unionised and don’t have a voice, and the industry is effectively privatised.

Parents are even less likely to be able to work from home with toddlers with no independence.

Clearly feeling jaded today 😆
It’s impossible to WFH with a 5/6/7 year old too. I feel sorry for those who work and have kids who are in school but are closed now

Reactions: 10
Judging by the amount of alcohol going in next doors house I'm assuming it's not going to be quite night in for two
Unsurprising. So many selfish, entitled people about. I‘d be tempted to call the police, or even better shame them on social media. But that’s me 😉

Reactions: 12
Well our neighbours behind who’ve had continuous big garden parties since the first lockdown are setting up a gazebo and lights outside. I’m really hoping they’re not having a party.. the last one in October had 40+ people and shouting and screaming until 4am.. we’re in tier 4..

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
We had a weird look from neighbours the other day when we had a big online delivery of various alcohol from an online wine merchant. Not planning a party, just husband found a nearly expired gift voucher from our wedding and we had to use it 😂 £150 worth of alcohol in a house where hardly anyone drinks is going to be fun 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Just a reminder that they are living their lives as normal in New Zealand. They must look at us in Europe and the USA and wonder how we managed to make such a hash of it.

Only those citizens who could get back in will be. The rest will have had an awful year like the rest of us, no country comes out of this with a gold star.

Well our neighbours behind who’ve had continuous big garden parties since the first lockdown are setting up a gazebo and lights outside. I’m really hoping they’re not having a party.. the last one in October had 40+ people and shouting and screaming until 4am.. we’re in tier 4..
Seriously, report them.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Luckily I have a 20 month old and on third trimester of pregnancy so I will be too tired to party til 12 and will be asleep by 9 😂 so that’s one household down! Hopefully more people will abide the rules better than Christmas Day. Its not worth it!

Seriously, report them.
Our next door neighbour if a police officer for our local police. He’s been informed and says he’ll keep an eye. Nothing he can do yet as there’s only the 3 people who live there in the garden. He’s on duty tonight too so he’s aware.

Reactions: 15
Report them/call the police. Not sure if you have a specific number for that. Here we don't, we are told to call police non emergency.

I've got new pjs and a tit load of gin so my night is sorted. Ordering a takeaway and playing the kids new board games. Be lucky if I'm not in bed by 10 but going to try and be a grown up and see in the new year.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Got my covid jab booked for next week, anyone whos had it how did you feel after?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.