Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #72

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it will be available privately once it is freely available to the general population via the nhs. Right now it is a long way off someone young and healthy getting it but once we have gone through the vulnerable people it will be both.

Judging by the amount of alcohol going in next doors house I'm assuming it's not going to be quite night in for two
Haha I was in Tesco’s last night buying so much alcohol (just for me and bf!!) I felt I should have said something to the cashier “I’m not having a party, we’re just alcoholics!” but I thought that would make it even weirder. I just like to have choice, and the rest can last me for January 🙊

On a different note- I’m truly interested as to how NZ had managed to keep their borders closed for so long? Judging by the carnage last weekend with the dover crossing surely that’s just not something we could ever do here. Do they not import anything from overseas? I don’t understand how it works.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
My husband and i have just actually said that to the cashier in tesco this morning. we are not having a party we are just alcoholics!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Got my covid jab booked for next week, anyone whos had it how did you feel after?
I had mine in the morning and started feeling a bit feverish late that night, muscle aches/chills. I took myself off to bed and woke up feeling fine the next day.

Reactions: 11
Haha I was in Tesco’s last night buying so much alcohol (just for me and bf!!) I felt I should have said something to the cashier “I’m not having a party, we’re just alcoholics!” but I thought that would make it even weirder. I just like to have choice, and the rest can last me for January 🙊

On a different note- I’m truly interested as to how NZ had managed to keep their borders closed for so long? Judging by the carnage last weekend with the dover crossing surely that’s just not something we could ever do here. Do they not import anything from overseas? I don’t understand how it works.
They don’t have a land border (I know we technically don’t, but we do have the tunnel) so they don’t have manned lorries driving in which is what caused the carnage with Dover. It’s interesting to think what would happen here if we’d decided to go down that route.

I’m from NZ but living in the UK and it’s a bit depressing to see how well people are living back home (though obviously really grateful and happy they’re safe), but also not convinced that the managed isolation system would work as well in the UK (due to the Dover crossing, far more people having friends / family overseas).

Reactions: 6
It’s impossible to WFH with a 5/6/7 year old too. I feel sorry for those who work and have kids who are in school but are closed now
I know been there and got the t shirt (with a 2 year old as well) 😂 still traumatised 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
My neighbour had it the other week and he had no ill effects from it at all.
Good to hear! Im a bit worried but havebt heard any horror storys from those at work who have had it

Reactions: 1
They don’t have a land border (I know we technically don’t, but we do have the tunnel) so they don’t have manned lorries driving in which is what caused the carnage with Dover. It’s interesting to think what would happen here if we’d decided to go down that route.

I’m from NZ but living in the UK and it’s a bit depressing to see how well people are living back home (though obviously really grateful and happy they’re safe), but also not convinced that the managed isolation system would work as well in the UK (due to the Dover crossing, far more people having friends / family overseas).
I have a friend in Australia who also appears to have lived almost completely normally this whole year. I am so jealous.

Reactions: 9

Omg that was a very blonde comment for me to make, I was honestly wondering how lorries would get into NZ with the restrictions 😂 Where are they going to be coming from... the bleeping sea?! Jesus I need a drink and a lie down. It’s been a long week haha!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
My Mum took my Nanna for hers (in her bubble) and Mum said she was all dressed up as it was a special occasion. It made my heart hurt ❤
This has just given me a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes (although I have already had a Prosecco because... 2020). What a cutie. It really is a special occasion for so many who can relax and start to look forward to being able to see their friends and family again without the worry ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 20
22 years old and will probably be asleep by midnight 😂 my first year since I was about 16 not being at some kind of house party or night out for New Year😂 quite looking forward to my dominoes (ordered at 9am ready for tonight since everyone and their dog will be having takeaway) and an early night! Saw they are doing a 2020 highlights show instead of London fireworks... that's going to be one very short show

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Just a reminder that they are living their lives as normal in New Zealand. They must look at us in Europe and the USA and wonder how we managed to make such a hash of it.

I really don’t think the constant comparison with NZ is fair. They’re an island miles away from many other countries other than Australia. They don’t live in the same density we do here even in their cities. More people use the London Underground in a week than live in their whole country and they shut their borders almost instantly. We should have introduced stronger measures at the borders but in a country where we have so many international residents and workers and free movement within the EU it’s just not as simple. Not to say I’m not a bit envious of those there but it’s not an apples for apples comparison.

Reactions: 23
Livid. Just heading out for my solo walk before it gets dark and there’s my neighbours entire extended family traipsing into a tiny 1 bed terraced house, laden with champagne, food and children. Stood and watched them going in shaking my head, they all avoided eye contact with me. (Tier 4)

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 26

They are not totally closed, my friend's husband flew over from NZ to London last week, I think it is just for incoming visitors and very limited flights.
Also in terms of the alcohol, I assume in 2020 no one even bats an eyelid at buying millions of alcohol lol

Reactions: 2
Good to hear! Im a bit worried but havebt heard any horror storys from those at work who have had it
Yeah he said the worst bit was convincing them that he was on the list to have it! He's NHS and the local vaccine hub at the hospital is just fitting in staff when they can. He got a call to schedule it in but when he got there the staff had no record of him being on the list, so that took a bit of sorting but once he was jabbed and on his way.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.