Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #72

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just saw this on Instagram. What are your thoughts?

I agree about the dithering part.
I agree, countries that were really harsh at first have done better more quickly, this half asses lockdown just means it is slower to work and people get frustrated at it dragging on

Reactions: 10
Some of my work colleagues travelled to Liverpool yesterday to go drinking. We’re in West Yorkshire. The bars clearly don’t check where people are from. And not one of them live in the same household. Plastering picture all over social medial too 😡

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Unsurprising. So many selfish, entitled people about. I‘d be tempted to call the police, or even better shame them on social media. But that’s me 😉
Same. Go on your local police website. Report a covid breach.... It will.pronably ask you for your details but I just type jibberish. Thy broke up a party on our street within 90mins of me sending it!

Reactions: 9
May I ask where you are? I’ve looked for advice online but have not seen pink eye listed as a symptom of Covid? Interesting how different countries determine what symptoms could be indicative of the disease. I do have pink eye and just feel a little run down but no temperature, cough... etc.
I had something very similar in November so went to see my Optician. He said I had dry eyes and gave me a fabulous eye pack to heat up in the microwave twice a day, as well as some eye drops. Perfectly fine now. 😀

Reactions: 3
Hi has anyone had an alert from the app to isolate that absolutely makes no sense my mums old and unhealthy so lives like a proper coronaphobe yet has had an alert last night to isolate for 8 days

she’s baffled I’ve never had an alert but have always presumed when I got one I’d remember what I’d done that day and obvs something of that had caused a problem

she could do with more info the location date and time to have it make sense but I gather that can’t happen

it doesn’t make any difference to her she barely goes out but I feel bad for her that it makes no sense and has stressed her out and now that this has happened she doesn’t want the app anymore really and I can’t think of what to say or do to help

Just saw this on Instagram. What are your thoughts?

I agree about the dithering part.
When the North called for this a few weeks ago, we were told it was necessary to only tackle the hard hit areas with hard restrictions because of the economy and it basically wasn’t fair to lock up everyone else because of our rates.

Nothings changed really - the highest rate in London atm is comparable with with hull city centre in October - so why should how it is handled be different now?

Reactions: 6
Some of my work colleagues travelled to Liverpool yesterday to go drinking. We’re in West Yorkshire. The bars clearly don’t check where people are from. And not one of them live in the same household. Plastering picture all over social medial too 😡
Idiots! Hope they didn't bring anything back with them. We're doing soooo well now here and can do without our numbers increasing again. How do you feel about it? Hope you're OK 😁

Reactions: 2
Idiots! Hope they didn't bring anything back with them. We're doing soooo well now here and can do without our numbers increasing again. How do you feel about it? Hope you're OK 😁
I was dying to leave a sarky comment on the pics but resisted. I’m on maternity leave so don’t have to see them, but my partner works there too so I’m always like ‘avoid so and so’ 😂🙈

• Sad
Reactions: 6
One of my friends has gone to stay with their boyfriend for NYE/NYD which is totally fine, only for them to text me to say have a great night on our way to BF's friends house for a party. Wtf I give up.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I work in a gp surgery in Scotland and we are starting covid vaccine clinics from the 11th
Someone's said a pharmacy near by are looking for volunteers to help with vaccinations from 11th (social distancing/queue managing)

Does this change to the vaccine affect Scotland or just England? I’m really unclear. I consented to both vaccinations with 95% efficacy...not one with possibly 50%. Like what the hell?

Reactions: 2
Got my covid jab booked for next week, anyone whos had it how did you feel after?
I had the Pfizer jab. I felt totally fine in the hours after and ran a 5k. By the time I finished my arm was really throbbing. Overnight it was like a toothache, gnawing pain, and so heavy. Barely slept it was so sore. Kept touching it but no heat or swelling. Next morning had eased, and 24 hrs after jab had died down lots. No other symptoms at all. Will just have paracetamol at the ready next time!!

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Don’t most people already wear them at work unless at their desk and socially distanced?

Also did we get rid of the 2m rule lol? I thought it was still 2m 😅 or 1m+ so like 1m and a mask?
It's mostly one mtr here (shops etc ) no SD in schools at all must depend on the size of the buildings ?

Reactions: 1
It's mostly one mtr here (shops etc ) no SD in schools at all must depend on the size of the buildings ?
Yeah I think here masks in school is only communal areas in secondary and very much doubt there is any distancing in school but haven’t been in one for a decade or so!

And ha I definitely thought it was always 2m, if it’s changed to 1 I have been getting unnecessarily mad at people in Tesco for being too close to me 😂

• Haha
Remember when they also said masks weren’t useful 😂
And they had everything under control :ROFLMAO:
Yeah I think here masks in school is only communal areas in secondary and very much doubt there is any distancing in school but haven’t been in one for a decade or so!

And ha I definitely thought it was always 2m, if it’s changed to 1 I have been getting unnecessarily mad at people in Tesco for being too close to me 😂
Our shops are only 1m from HB to Tesco ? no idea about England .

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.