Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #72

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Christ we have some truly piss poor politicians , Conservative and Labour alike.

Reactions: 11
This government is truly horrific. It is so frustrating and unfair that people, young and old, are making so many sacrifices only for their efforts and diligence to be undermined by the government's shameless dilly-daddling. We've been in and out of lockdown what seems like every week, forcing to stop and restart our lives constantly and making us live in a state of anxiety. There is no clear guidance, no leadership and not even one damn apology for their sheer incompetence.
They've allegedly known about this new strain since SEPTEMBER - why did they continue to open up the country? Why did they let kids go back to school and have only now - in 2021 - started to support children for remote learning at home? Why did they let young people go into uni halls only to be locked in so that landlords could take their money and then stay silent on the suicides that have happened in accommodations? Why do they announce everything last minute? Why do they not do more to shut down covid conspirators - some of which are literally still sitting in their cabinet? It is ridiculous and is costing lives and livelihoods. Meanwhile, borders are still open with no testing so that the lucky ones can go fly to the Maldives or Dubai to infect their populace too and escape this hellscape.

:(

Reactions: 22
722CD591-52BA-4780-96D8-92C8D17C620E.jpeg

Clearer than other news outlets. We’ve had ‘tighter restrictions’ for nearly a year - means nothing!

Reactions: 12
Has anyone looked at the positive cases by specimen date, 29th is just under 80k!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Do I want another national lockdown? No not at all but at this point I genuinely think it's what's needed. Not these half arsed attempts at a lockdown but back to March levels. Over 50,000 cases now for a good few days. When American where reporting those figures back at the start people were outraged and shocked but now people just don't seem phased by it.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It’s insane, and the 30th is already over 60k and this is obviously yet to be added to.
It's mad isn't it!! I don't think any of the last few days stats have included any from this year, it only goes to the 30th

Reactions: 1
It's mad isn't it!! I don't think any of the last few days stats have included any from this year, it only goes to the 30th
There’s a big delay in reporting due to bank hol on Friday then the weekend. I think Tuesday is going to be a real eye opener and most likely the start of seeing the effects of Christmas

Reactions: 9
Doncaster village here - we are business as usual for school until something changes.

Had a chat with hubby and seriously considering handing my notice in now - absolutely sick of last minute decisions. It’s not so much the threat of Covid, as worrying as that is, it’s the feeling of being on a juggernaut and having no control to make my own precautions or decisions.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Do I want another national lockdown? No not at all but at this point I genuinely think it's what's needed. Not these half arsed attempts at a lockdown but back to March levels. Over 50,000 cases now for a good few days. When American where reporting those figures back at the start people were outraged and shocked but now people just don't seem phased by it.
I think if this happens there needs to be a real look at what is essential retail. It’s so easy for people to think ‘I’m bored I’ll just go for a mooch around ‘insert shop name here’. It really needs to be stripped down.

Doncaster village here - we are business as usual for school until something changes.

Had a chat with hubby and seriously considering handing my notice in now - absolutely sick of last minute decisions. It’s not so much the threat of Covid, as worrying as that is, it’s the feeling of being on a juggernaut and having no control to make my own precautions or decisions.
I think we’ll see a lot of resignations from school staff . I’ve seen one head on Twitter who’s resigned with immediate effect 😱

Reactions: 13
I think we need a March lockdown (no the range open, no WHSmith etc, only supermarkets/pharmacies.. proper essential retail) with a curfew in place. I don’t want it, I’d really bloody struggle in another one but I do think it’s needed with the cases so wildly out of control right now. But I do think compliance would be far far less than in March due to lost trust in our shitshow government. I’m not sure what they could really do to enforce it.

Reactions: 16
I think we need a March lockdown (no the range open, no WHSmith etc, only supermarkets/pharmacies.. proper essential retail) with a curfew in place. I don’t want it, I’d really bloody struggle in another one but I do think it’s needed with the cases so wildly out of control right now. But I do think compliance would be far far less than in March due to lost trust in our shitshow government. I’m not sure what they could really do to enforce it.
Compliance may be more forthcoming with literally only supermarkets, post offices and banks open though. I agree that nothing should be open for click and collect like they are now - I went down to the town post office on Thursday and it was busier than when everything is open normally.

I don't see why places like Wilkos need to be open - cleaning products and toiletries are readily available in supermarkets.

Reactions: 14
There’s a big delay in reporting due to bank hol on Friday then the weekend. I think Tuesday is going to be a real eye opener and most likely the start of seeing the effects of Christmas
Only Wales and NI didn't report cases on 1st but definitely a delay in reporting

Reactions: 1
Places like b&m and home bargains need to shut too. I know they sell food but you can get all that from the supermarkets. Keeping them open just encourages people to go for a mooch as it's something to do.

Reactions: 24
We received a call today from our sons employer. They want him to work from home on a trial basis as he’s a trainee, to see if it works out, to avoid furlough. They finally agree it’s not safe for him to be in the office if he has parents with chronic health conditions. I won’t lie, I shed tears of relief as I’ve been dreading tomorrow all weekend.

Stay safe xx

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I wish my job in healthcare gave me the option to strike and stay at home during a pandemic , I really feel for the teachers and yes close to the majority of school pupils but us key workers need you , it takes a team , my work is going to start giving out the vaccines from the 11th , I can only hope the teachers don’t strike .

I chose not to put my kids in during the first wave as so much was unknown and my son is a asthmatic and my mum watched him for me , but this time she’s back to work and I no longer have that option .
Schools have and will always open open for key worker and vunerable children so I don't understand what your point is here?

Reactions: 3
Places like b&m and home bargains need to shut too. I know they sell food but you can get all that from the supermarkets. Keeping them open just encourages people to go for a mooch as it's something to do.
They are going to have to reintroduce proper furlough and a WFH order to make any difference.

Numerous schools in my local area have now announced they are closing, still nothing from my sons school but expect they’ll leave it until last minute as it’s inset day tomorrow. The list of key workers is so big now so I wonder how many will be taking it up

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.