Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #72

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Places like b&m and home bargains need to shut too. I know they sell food but you can get all that from the supermarkets. Keeping them open just encourages people to go for a mooch as it's something to do.
Agreed! I mean I love b&m but come on, it’s not essential and people gather there in huge numbers!

Reactions: 20
Schools will remain open for keyworker and vulnerable children though.
I assume you have PPE available in your job? Regular testing and the option shortly of the vaccine?
All things not afforded to teachers.
Well said Jamhead.

Reactions: 4
Just saw on Facebook that a local dog groomer is advertising that she is allowed to continue working , so my dog can get it’s haircut but I can’t get mines 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Just had a Class Dojo message and our daughter's school is opening as normal. But been told to wrap her up warm as all windows will be wide open.

Not being funny, but how are kids meant to concentrate and work effectively if they're freezing!! It's okay putting an extra jumper on, but she'll still only have skirt and tights now. Might as well make it none uniform to stand a chance of keeping warm.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
If they close everything down then more people will lose their jobs. They can’t afford to do so, simply put. I do agree the likes of Poundland and home bargains aren’t essential, but I also think if they closed then the idiots who panic bought in March would do the same again too.

Reactions: 8
Just had a Class Dojo message and our daughter's school is opening as normal. But been told to wrap her up warm as all windows will be wide open.

Not being funny, but how are kids meant to concentrate and work effectively if they're freezing!! It's okay putting an extra jumper on, but she'll still only have skirt and tights now. Might as well make it none uniform to stand a chance of keeping warm.
My first thought to that is what about their hands? Their hands must get so cold and probably can’t do as much in gloves

Reactions: 11
Places like b&m and home bargains need to shut too. I know they sell food but you can get all that from the supermarkets. Keeping them open just encourages people to go for a mooch as it's something to do.
100%! B&M is a fun few hours for me 😂 I haven’t been since October as I didn’t deem it essential during November lockdown but i imagine it’s very very busy! It’s a fun place to go when nothing else is open😂 places like Next shouldn’t be doing click and collect either. Home delivery exists, no need for people to be going to the store.

Reactions: 9
My friend recieved a text from her kids primary school and they've said unplanned training day tomorrow and will update more in the afternoon

Reactions: 2

That’s ridiculous!! They’ll freeze

Reactions: 3
Just saw on Facebook that a local dog groomer is advertising that she is allowed to continue working , so my dog can get it’s haircut but I can’t get mines 🤣
To be fair, your dog can't get covid 😂. Thank god pets can't get it. I've not had my hair cut or coloured since July and really want it done😩 ✂

Reactions: 3
How dare Boris tell parents is safe to send their kids to school! He has so much bleeping blood on his hands, how does he sleep at night?!
Sadly the right wing mainstream press are running with this too. As per usual teachers are the lazy baddies....

Reactions: 2
Our schools closed tomorrow but open tuesday.

Cant you send her in black trouses with tights underneath? Or tracky bottoms.

My school are still opening but have been told to continue washing our hands and keep windows and doors open at all times!! It’s bloody January

School up the road has announced only opening to vulnerable and key workers because of staff shortage because of the NEU letter.

Reactions: 1
To be fair, your dog can't get covid 😂. Thank god pets can't get it. I've not had my hair cut or coloured since July and really want it done😩 ✂
It was a bit of humour, would love a cut and colour though , trying to stay clear of the box dye 🤣

Reactions: 1
If they close everything down then more people will lose their jobs. They can’t afford to do so, simply put. I do agree the likes of Poundland and home bargains aren’t essential, but I also think if they closed then the idiots who panic bought in March would do the same again too.
I’ve wondered if it might be better for businesses, or some businesses at least I guess, if the lockdowns were more planned. So bear with me I know it might be a bit non sensical but I’ve wondered if there was a plan of things being open for say 4 weeks but then all closed for 2 weeks and repeat. So it would be like waves and yes businesses would have to shut but they would know when, how long for and when they will reopen. For pubs and restaurants etc they can’t plan, they don’t know how much produce to order in and if they do order in they can be shut back down in an instant and it all goes to waste. Maybe there would be more compliance if we all knew when lockdowns would be in and restricted. I know we need to follow the data but we also know that when we lockdown cases reduce and when we open they rise. So maybe we could do these planned waves in order to keep pressure off of the nhs, people would know where they stand and there wouldn’t be all the panic and chaos of last minute restrictions.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.