Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #72

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Of course there are a lot of people who are suffering in silence . I certainly don't dispute this but when you have someone talking to you outside who is admitted they are breaking the rules saying they don't have any mental health problems but they would say they would if they got caught it really makes people who are sticking to the rules suffer restrictions longer. I'm sorry that things are so difficult for you just now and it's good that you are getting support from your parents when you need their support .I apologize if you feel that i upset you .I hope that your counselling goes well. Sorry
To be honest I kind of agree. I'm very bitter and twisted about mental health due to year sof it and never getting much assistance. This time of year is notorious for mental health not just now, and it's never had much focus. But now it's the buzzword. I only hope that this awareness continues once this is over but it won't be. I do roll my eyes, I know it's not very nice of me or anything and I definately don't want those who are genuinely suffering to do so but I'm very cynical of anything coming of the back of this.

Reactions: 16
To be honest I kind of agree. I'm very bitter and twisted about mental health due to year sof it and never getting much assistance. This time of year is notorious for mental health not just now, and it's never had much focus. But now it's the buzzword. I only hope that this awareness continues once this is over but it won't be. I do roll my eyes, I know it's not very nice of me or anything and I definately don't want those who are genuinely suffering to do so but I'm very cynical of anything coming of the back of this.
Thank you . There's certainly a lot of people who have never suffered mental health problems that now are due to this situation but when you see posts of lot's of people in someone's house partying it is hard to regard it in same way as someone needing a friend or relative to talk .

Reactions: 8
My LA has put out a statement to say schools in the area will be deciding themselves wether to open or not but it’s looking like a lot will not have staff capacity to open. They’ve also said at this time fines will not be given if parents have concerns about the virus and keep their children home

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My friend works in a hospital here and they got their first part of the vaccine last Monday. They then got an email before going off on NYE to say that they wouldn’t be getting the second dose now after 21 days it will now be 10 weeks 🤦🏻‍♀️ They are all furious as obviously agreed to have the vaccine in line with the recommended guidelines 🙈

• Wow
  • Sad
I honestly feel for you all. As your employer they have a duty to keep you safe but I feel like the ones who make the decision higher up who don’t work on the floor don’t realise what it’s like and just thinking money all the time. Can guarantee if they had to come out and work with the public it would be totally different. Hopefully now Christmas and stuff is over it will return to be a bit quieter?
Doesn’t help as you say people are so rude and not self aware enough to respect staff working in such conditions!
Honestly our company has been great in keeping us as safe as physically possible. (minus the capacity which is just dumb) It's just other people's careless actions, they know full well we're in a pandemic so just stay tf away from us. Yesterday it was absolutely heaving and I have 0 idea why, it usually quiets down a lot after xmas.

I'm also fed up of being shouted at by oh so self important NHS staff. Had one woman kick off because she couldn't come in at 9:00am! We don't even open for NHS until 9:30 on a Sunday so no idea what she was banging on about. Appreciate the ones genuinely working hard & come at the right time to do their shopping but half of them are just bullshitting us and it's so obvious.

I just wish people were more considerate tbh.

I find I struggle quite a bit hearing what people are saying under a mask.I don’t have any issues with my hearing but the muffled noise and not being able to see people’s mouths throws me off sometimes. I get why it’s not recommended that teachers of young children wear them but also it feels like teachers are left with no protection. Such a difficult time.
It's so hard when people have an accent too and I can't see their mouth. I'm forever like 'excuse me? excuse me? can you repeat that'. It's so awkward.

Reactions: 5
Primary school have just emailed to keep us informed. Due back on Tuesday so far. Just a bit about the unions and how it could impact schools returning etc. So we shall see, we are tier 3.

We’re tier 4 and my son’s school has emailed to say they’ll be open, but that there’ll be staff absences and children may not receive the “usual levels of support”. I just feel so sad for everyone involved and don’t blame anyone for taking whatever decision they may need to.

Reactions: 12
I’m so glad I’m not a parent and don’t have to make these decisions. Hope you’re all ok and able to do what’s best for you and your little ones. Such a horrible situation to be in :(

Reactions: 16
Housemate has just hugged two friends then invited them into our house, tier four London so I couldn't even see my family or friends at Christmas..

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Honestly our company has been great in keeping us as safe as physically possible. (minus the capacity which is just dumb) It's just other people's careless actions, they know full well we're in a pandemic so just stay tf away from us. Yesterday it was absolutely heaving and I have 0 idea why, it usually quiets down a lot after xmas.

I'm also fed up of being shouted at by oh so self important NHS staff. Had one woman kick off because she couldn't come in at 9:00am! We don't even open for NHS until 9:30 on a Sunday so no idea what she was banging on about. Appreciate the ones genuinely working hard & come at the right time to do their shopping but half of them are just bullshitting us and it's so obvious.

I just wish people were more considerate tbh.

It's so hard when people have an accent too and I can't see their mouth. I'm forever like 'excuse me? excuse me? can you repeat that'. It's so awkward.
I presume you work in a supermarket so I'll guess that the reason your shop is busy is because everywhere is closed and people are looking for something to do/somewhere to go.

Reactions: 2
I presume you work in a supermarket so I'll guess that the reason your shop is busy is because everywhere is closed and people are looking for something to do/somewhere to go.
We're in tier 3 so all shops are open. They have so many places to go yet they all decide to congregate at the supermarket.
As for yesterday I'm not sure but Sunday mornings are always busy. I just thought January would be quieter, especially since students aren't back yet.

Reactions: 1
Just vaccinate the teachers FFS 🤦‍♀️
Yes! Why is it so obvious to us on a chat forum but doesn't seem to be the case elsewhere. I know there are many many groups of society that should be forefront but after frontline workers teachers should be way near the top.

Housemate has just hugged two friends then invited them into our house, tier four London so I couldn't even see my family or friends at Christmas..
you need a house meeting and some new rules. That’s dreadful of them, and awful for You. I would be furious.

Reactions: 11
Yes! Why is it so obvious to us on a chat forum but doesn't seem to be the case elsewhere. I know there are many many groups of society that should be forefront but after frontline workers teachers should be way near the top.
I think the gov know they should be but the problem is you can’t have too many groups as priority or you may as well not have anyone on it. (Also it’s the independent regulator who decides- I think- not the gov)

If top priority is people over 70, care home workers, nhs front line and teachers- that’s already millions and millions of people. And we all know vaccine rollout isn’t there yet.

Maybe unpopular opinion but I don’t think many would be happy with some care home residents getting the vaccine after teachers.
Also, should it be all teachers first? Or those, perhaps with underlying conditions or over 50s?

Not saying teachers should not be vaccinated but at the end of the day it’s about vaccinating those who would be likely to die from it. NHS frontline has to go before all teachers.

I think when AstraZeneca gets rolled out it will be a lot easier logistically so hopefully we can get them out to all frontline and key workers ASAP.

Reactions: 2
@Platypusfattypus and any other NHS workers. I was wondering just how close Casualty came last night in showing viewers what A&E has been like in some hospitals. I thought they did a very good job covering many sensitive areas. I had no idea that the coloured curtains have been replaced with the white ones.

The fatigue, frustration and desperation came across, as well as the sadness and total helplessness. Seeing so much in only an hour just completely raised my appreciation even more for all those who continue to battle through this misery. 💖💗💓

Reactions: 3

you need a house meeting and some new rules. That’s dreadful of them, and awful for You. I would be furious.
I think teachers should be vaccinated soon but who do they push down the list to bump the teachers up top ? there then could be the arguememt for shop workers , bus drivers and other essential workers to be bumped up to the top , It’s just a mess hoping these vaccine clinics go go go

Thats my nephews school shut tomorrow. Apparently thiers been a council meeting and all our schools are to stay shut tomorrow. No word from our school about it and nothing else on facebook.

Reactions: 3
I think teachers should be vaccinated soon but who do they push down the list to bump the teachers up top ? there then could be the arguememt for shop workers , bus drivers and other essential workers to be bumped up to the top , It’s just a mess hoping these vaccine clinics go go go
There is no magic answer as you say, but if teachers are vaccinated it makes way for millions of children to get back into school, that would be my logic. But I agree that here are many many essential workers that need it sooner rather than later. I wonder who decides the list.

Reactions: 7
The head of our upper primary has just emailed my friend telling her that her daughter is not allowed to wear a mask and she will be calling her tomorrow to discuss this. It is against the school policy and adherence to all policy is mandatory.
This is the same headteacher who sent me a letter threatening me with a referral to social services because my child had been off for 3 days "and records could prove it wasn't due to Covid19"
No. It was due to this kid vomming like Regan off the exorcist 14 hours apart; So following the LA rules for attendance.
Trying to remember how much pressure the head must be under so only privately, in my head referring to her as "Delores Umbridge The Craphound"

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.