Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
WHO recommend 14! Ring your GP and get a swab test done ? Is it same as here being brought to you by ambulance?
Yep but our government went against that and said 7. They also aren't testing people in the community and just telling us to self isolate rather than testing. Only those who have to go to hospital with severe symptoms are tested. So our numbers are actually a lot higher!

Where are you?

Reactions: 1
First death was announced where I work earlier today. Not quite sure what job I’ll be doing during all this. Shits got real and we’re still non the wiser 😩 wouldn’t be so bad if I didn’t live with my dad who’s over 70

• Sad
Reactions: 5
So, to re-cap, if you or anyone in your family is ill, stay at home. If you do need to go out, don't touch anything or anybody.

*it's ok for all our school aged children to keep licking each other though.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Bit of a lurker on these CV threads....
There has been queues getting into the IKEA in Purley way.....apparently lots of people will be assembling flat pack furniture if we go into lockdown 😂
I went to IKEA yesterday and compared to the retail park down the road it was a lot busier.

I’m a dog walker and already one of my clients may have to cancel visits this week as she’s developed a cough and her work have told her to work from home.

Do we think things like kids partys are gonna have to be cancelled?

Also I think they have now realised the number of cases and deaths is more than what they thought for this stage, seems a bit of a U turn in some things that where said.

Reactions: 2
Good! My coworker and I were talking yesterday and saying how quiet it was compared to a usual sunday but it still wasn't quiet by any means! Especially later on.
I don't think my pub will close until they are told they have to.
Disgusting they haven't closed them. Cost benefit anaylsis. More money from alcohol than for a few lives. All our schools, pubs, restaurants all closed.

Lidl Tesco etc 7-10 am only 65 +. Everyone else is only allowed shop after 10am.

If anything they should be closing schools now to protect the children not only from the virus but psychologically too. I have found by having my kids at home I have been able to adjust the routine and getting them used to things. If Boris is waiting for a peak, all I can imagine is a mass panic closure of everything, which is unfair on kids who won't understand WTF is going on

Reactions: 7
Hang on so if you live alone and are vulnerable don’t go out but if you can’t get essentials delivered you can go to the shops but avoid contact...how can you do that when you need to shop? I’m confused af

Reactions: 6
Everyone is saying schools should be shut, but what happens if they are and parents are forced to take time off work? It may mean many families won’t have an income due to childcare issues. If your child is showing signs, keep them off. It would cripple us if schools were shut for weeks/months on end.

Reactions: 7

Also I think they have now realised the number of cases and deaths is more than what they thought for this stage, seems a bit of a U turn in some things that where said.
Lads Im actually so lost at how close Ireland the UK are and this isn't in place there yet ?? We have had all this banned for days :/

As long as school is still running everyday there is no point in cancelling kids parties.

Reactions: 4
Everyone is saying schools should be shut, but what happens if they are and parents are forced to take time off work? It may mean many families won’t have an income due to childcare issues. If your child is showing signs, keep them off. It would cripple us if schools were shut for weeks/months on end.
Well our social services are paying anyone who can't go to work due to COVID19 or due to schools shut 315 a week and mortgage's have been frozen for everyone and think electricty bills are stopping too (Ireland!)

Disgusting they haven't closed them. Cost benefit anaylsis. More money from alcohol than for a few lives. All our schools, pubs, restaurants all closed.

Lidl Tesco etc 7-10 am only 65 +. Everyone else is only allowed shop after 10am.
They need to do that here.
My manager is really worried about his job and the effect closing will have on the pub but as I said to him, it will be ALL the pubs that close, not just ours. So any financial hardship will be felt by everyone. It's a real shame, but it is what it is unfortunately.

Well our social services are paying anyone who can't go to work due to COVID19 or due to schools shut 315 a week and mortgage's have been frozen for everyone and think electricty bills are stopping too (Ireland!)
electricity bills are stopping in Ireland???!! Can you explain where you got this information?

I am watching this in tears. What is happening to the world. It is honestly so upsetting and affecting me far too much. My baby is 13 weeks old. I wonder what world he has been born into.
Just don't let any visitors into the house ! be safe and don't worry all should be grand x

They need to do that here.
My manager is really worried about his job and the effect closing will have on the pub but as I said to him, it will be ALL the pubs that close, not just ours. So any financial hardship will be felt by everyone. It's a real shame, but it is what it is unfortunately.
they arent doing that!??

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.