Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's not Boris who's making these decisions he is being advised by the science experts and the professionals, no point in all blaming him 🤦‍♀️

I think compared to the rest of Europe we are doing well so far, Im thankful im in the UK and nowhere else!!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Is a school canteen or assembly hall not classed as a mass gathering?

Reactions: 18
If I was in the position I would just keep my son at home but I just cant stop working. I couldn't afford to not continue working.
This is what I am so worried and frustrated about. It’s easy to suggest self-isolation for 7/14 days, and I totally understand the need for it, but who the hell is going to pay my bills?! I quite literally can’t afford to isolate, nor can anyone else at my work place :cry:

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I’m sorry I’m such a broken record but he keeps saying we need to stay away from each other but schools are ok I’m baffled. Our local high school has 1,500 kids at it, what is protecting the pregnant or elderly teachers and all the other staff at school.

Reactions: 9
Wow Boris copying what us Irish did last week. The exact same except we did it five feicin days ago. And again a mistake! Oh avoid clubs instead of saying clubs need to close its just advise! No you potato close them all!!! Population in the UK is massive!! What a stupid feicer he is

Reactions: 11
Did he say more things will be implemented next weekend or did I miss hear as I was to busy shaking my head in disgust

I'm still finding all this absolutely mental. I still cant believe its happening.
One of the pubs near me that has closed put up a post on facebook and at the end they said "look after yourselves and when this is all over we will have one hell of a party" I got all teary cos it just felt so scary...like we were at war or something

• Sad
Reactions: 18
It's not Boris who's making these decisions he is being advised by the science experts and the professionals, no point in all blaming him 🤦‍♀️

I think compared to the rest of Europe we are doing well so far, Im thankful im in the UK and nowhere else!!
I agree, I’m worried but we all need to stop panicking. Other countries that have closed the schools has this stopped the virus spreading no! So we all need to use common sense and listen to what they’ve said avoid travelling and work from home if we can.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I've just started my 7 day isolation, so now I have to stay in for 14 days? Why did he change it to 7 in the first place?
Kind of wish I bought more food now 🙈🙈
WHO recommend 14! Ring your GP and get a swab test done ? Is it same as here being brought to you by ambulance?

I’m sorry I’m such a broken record but he keeps saying we need to stay away from each other but schools are ok I’m baffled. Our local high school has 1,500 kids at it, what is protecting the pregnant elderly teachers and all the other staff at school.
Its madness isnt it

Reactions: 1
My uni will only close when the government say they have to🙄 we’ve been given a brief of an assignment for IF we go into lockdown. My lecture says they have no idea what will happen
An hour after the lecture we were told our uni is switching to online and cancelling all lectures and seminars and may not re open until the next academic year

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I agree, I’m worried but we all need to stop panicking. Other countries that have closed the schools has this stopped the virus spreading no! So we all need to use common sense and listen to what they’ve said avoid travelling and work from home if we can.
Surely you won't be able to tell for at least a week once everyone who was already infected show symptoms ?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.