Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
yep. Just telling people not to do something isn't enough. The amount of people leaving their house unnecessarily is proof of that.
Exactly some people will do the right thing but other idiots will just ignore it.

Reactions: 5
Germany are doing somthing right as the death rates are alot smaller than the UK and they have had nearly 7 thousand cases.
Exactly, comparing to Italy is nonsense, Italy had no chance, it just landed and they had to sink or swim. Everyone is in the unknown and doing the best they can taking common sense approaches.

Reactions: 4
I think the psychology behind this is weird. They seem very reluctant to enforce anything but really want people to follow their “very strong advice” to distance themselves and isolate if symptomatic. I wonder if they’re concerned they’re not prepared or equipped to deal with non-compliance so that’s why they’re not outwardly enforcing anything.

Reactions: 7
yep. Just telling people not to do something isn't enough. The amount of people leaving their house unnecessarily is proof of that.
I just said at least 40% of the population won't bother finding out what BoJo said today. So many people couldn't care less. People won't follow polite suggestion. This needs to be FORCED.

Reactions: 12
I just said at least 40% of the population won't bother finding out what BoJo said today. So many people couldn't care less. People won't follow polite suggestion. This needs to be FORCED.
yes. it needs to be law that either opening hours are incredibly shorter or just closed. you can’t leave restaurants open and expect people not to go. it’s like a bull and a red flag.

Reactions: 6
I'm all for allowing slots for elderly but what about people that can only make them times due to work or childcare commitments 🤔
I also always get my disabled dad’s shopping at the same time as mine. I’ve noticed a couple of items on his list are the same as mine so I may not be able to get both. That said, if it’s the regular ladies at the checkout, they’ll know I always checkout the shopping separately so I hope they take that into consideration. He can’t get into the shop.
It’s ridiculous that we are even having to think about things like this right now!

Reactions: 2
So basically Boris and his team are just giving us some advice, but not enforcing anything. How is that going to help?! People will not stop going to the pubs/clubs/cinemas unless they are closed.

Reactions: 12
I still think if your average Joe phoned his workplace and said I need to take two weeks off as my child has a fever . They would not be happy it’s all so wishy washy .

Reactions: 13
Imagine though in the UK they arent testing the community locally and they have the feicin schools open! Boris should keep his mouth shut moron

I still think if your average Joe phoned his workplace and said I need to take two weeks off as my child has a fever . They would not be happy .
I'm in work tomorrow and I'll be calling in to say my daughter has been coughing. She's still coughing and I don't have anyone to take care of her (and I wouldn't expect it either, considering her cough) and my boss isn't going to be happy at all. But there's not much I can do.

Reactions: 5
Hello, I'm in Hull too and a nurse friend has told me they are cancelling everything that isn't cancer/life threatening. My mother in law is also waiting for surgery on her eye as she is gradually losing her sight, she only got her date through a couple of weeks ago for the end of march but I suspect it will be cancelled!
Another Hullian here too

Should match your wage personally, if you can prove it. £94 is barely going to pay my bills let alone my mortgage!
My necessities are between 2000/2500 a month. We live up north. God knows how people will cope in london!

Reactions: 3
42000 tests in a month is such a small amount!! hardly worth saying it as a good thing
It's still an amount that puts us way ahead of almost every other country in the world, despite what the lefty loons ranting about this on twitter are claiming.

Reactions: 1
I find this “suggesting” silly. It needs to be law and enforced.
Hoping that people follow it... some will some won’t. My mum said at work her and her friends were being really careful, wiping everything down, not touching door handles etc and her boss was not concerned with that and more concerned they had their safety hat on!

Reactions: 7
Are we not going to be allowed to stand in the playground at the schools waiting on our kids as they loads of people in a small space together.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.