Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do we think things like kids partys are gonna have to be cancelled?

Also I think they have now realised the number of cases and deaths is more than what they thought for this stage, seems a bit of a U turn in some things that where said.
Absolutely. Even if you're not told to cancel them, I think they should be.

Reactions: 3
Avoid social contact. But I work in a restaurant and still expected to serve customers....

• Wow
Reactions: 5
The scariest part of this conference is when Boris laughed as the journalist asked "when this is all over, can we expect an announcement from public health England".

They already know this is going to go on for quite some time.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Do we think things like kids partys are gonna have to be cancelled?

Also I think they have now realised the number of cases and deaths is more than what they thought for this stage, seems a bit of a U turn in some things that where said.
We booked a party for my daughter for her fourth next month. We were about to pass out invitations but I called the venue and cancelled a few days ago. I imagine it would've been cancelled anyway, despite the fact it was only going to be a small party.

Reactions: 2
"The UK is leading the campaign to fight back against this disease" omg he said that hahaha he's so ignorant. Every other country is doing more than the UK

So basically Boris and his team are just giving us some advice, but not enforcing anything. How is that going to help?! People will not stop going to the pubs/clubs/cinemas unless they are closed.
They have kind of explained this. They know as well as you and I do that a large number of Brits won't behave and won't stay locked down for long. So they are holding off from formally closing cinemas etc down - for now. They keep talking about keeping measures until they will have maximum impact. If they kneejerk lock-down today then people will be back on the streets within days. What they are doing is giving a few days for people to talk about and get used to the idea. I'd expect the big lockdown to come at the weekend. By then people should be ready for it and hopefully will behave a bit better and stay locked down longer.

Reactions: 8
First death was announced where I work earlier today. Not quite sure what job I’ll be doing during all this. Shits got real and we’re still non the wiser 😩 wouldn’t be so bad if I didn’t live with my dad who’s over 70
Same. A cancer nurse at present but with critical care background. Think I’ll be pulled despite not doing a clinical shift for many years. ☹ worried about the knock on effect on our service and our patients

They have kind of explained this. They know as well as you and I do that a large number of Brits won't behave and won't stay locked down for long. So they are holding off from formally closing cinemas etc down - for now. They keep talking about keeping measures until they will have maximum impact. If they kneejerk lock-down today then people will be back on the streets within days. What they are doing is giving a few days for people to talk about and get used to the idea. I'd expect the big lockdown to come at the weekend. By then people should be ready for it and hopefully will behave a bit better and stay locked down longer.
Interesting view. Actually this is what I have to do with my son, (who has adhd) introduce an idea to him first give him time to understand it then he will more often than not accept it. Actually I probably am like that too.

Reactions: 5
They have kind of explained this. They know as well as you and I do that a large number of Brits won't behave and won't stay locked down for long. So they are holding off from formally closing cinemas etc down - for now. eep talking about keeping measures until they will have maximum impact. If they kneejerk lock-down today then people will be back on the streets within days. What they are doing is giving a few days for people to talk about and get used to the idea. I'd expect the big lockdown to come at the weekend. By then people should be ready for it and hopefully will behave a bit better and stay locked down longer.
Every country has people that won't behave. We shut our pubs down and the ones that went against it are after getting fined. When this happens and the public go against it thats when they'll bring in the army. They should be closing down shops like selfridges etc and restaurants.

I know Primark will close as the head of Primark, which is an Irish shop said it was closing for 2 weeks in the HQ in Dublin. My friend does marketing for them.

how are you supposed to pay your rent on £94 a wk?
It wont be that low will it? And presume you will paying half or something until its all back to normal ?

- -

Lads is it true the UK is barely testing people ? I thought it was that it was just in hospitals and GPs and that was it as in no ambulance service?? Is that why the figures are so low are they really not testing properly!

Not my kids party by the way, just asking as we have several coming up
I just cancelled my sons birthday party which was booked for this Friday. He has autism and attends a special needs school and I really didn’t want to take the risk as it was a soft play party and a lot of the children would have been vulnerable.

I wonder what parents with underlying health conditions are expected to do ? just keep sending your kids to school, in the hope they don't bring it home with them.Especially if your a single parent who would look after the children if the worst happened, and you had to go to hospital...

• Sad
I actually think these measure are good, they’re essentially easing us all into it before they say we have no choice.

I'm thankful im in the UK because I think we are doing things correctly, so as not to have the massive spike like Italy, France, Germany have, they are on their knees and not coping, I just hope that what we are doing will prevent us ending up like the rest of Europe.
I'm with you. I wonder if for a lot of people their political affiliations are clouding their views. Could people be forming an opinion based on the messenger rather than the message?

Boris is just the mouth piece. The strategy will have been define by a group of very clever men and women and so far I am happy to trust them.

Last edited:
Where can we find more clarity on the "extra" socail distancing.
He said this includes over 70's, pregnant women and those who get the annual flu jab. Does this include asthmatics?
I have googled but can't find anything.

Where can we find more clarity on the "extra" socail distancing.
He said this includes over 70's, pregnant women and those who get the annual flu jab. Does this include asthmatics?
I have googled but can't find anything.
Nothing mentioned asthmatics. It was those with chronic illnesses and those you've listed above.

Reactions: 1
I actually think these measure are good, they’re essentially easing us all into it before they say we have no choice.
It also give those of us who want to do it, an 'excuse'. With employers, family and friends, we can now say it is government advice without expecting any kind of backlash.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.