Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A menstrual cup is a feminine hygiene device that is inserted into the vagina during menstruation. Its purpose is to collect menstrual fluid and prevent its leaking onto clothes. Menstrual cups are usually made of flexible medical grade silicone and shaped like a bell with a stem
Ah yep that wasn’t clear, sorry. I know what a Mooncup is. The original poster has nearly run out of sanitary products and can’t find any in the shops. I was suggesting a Mooncup to her. I’m sure she’ll google it if she’s unclear.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Little reminder. You can voice your struggles & concerns without making others struggles or concerns invalid.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
368 new deaths in Italy in 24 hours

This is us in a few weeks. Protect yourself and your families!!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Following on from the last thread. It's okay to voice your concerns & struggles but you don't need to invalidate anyone else's in the process.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm temporarily closing my business tomorrow. Profits are down 80% and at this point it's costing me money just to keep it up and running. I sell party supplies, so it's understandable with people cancelling gatherings.

My husband has been at his current job for less than a year and so isn't entitled to any sick pay should he have to self isolate. 😖
I’m doing the exact same! Midnight tonight I’m shutting for the foreseeable ! I sell party/wedding decor and I’m 80% down YOY the past month, so taking fees, rates, taxes etc. into account, it’s basically costing me money to supply the small orders I’ve recieved. 😩 not something I want to be happening when OH is still working in a stuffy office environment. Trying to save every penny so we will be able to afford him not being paid!

• Sad
Reactions: 10
They could have canceled it but the organizers decided not to. How utterly irresponsible.
Unbelievable...they’ve cancelled the football but it’s ok for thousands of people to be in a close area just because they’ll probably lose revenue if they were to cancel 😱

Reactions: 7
It’s really worrying that Boris seems to be the only leader of any country not showing himself since Thursday .

• Heart
Reactions: 41
When Boris was elected I honestly thought who looks at that man and decides he can run a country. I'm even more worried than I was then

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Ah yep that wasn’t clear, sorry. I know what a Mooncup is. The original poster has nearly run out of sanitary products and can’t find any in the shops. I was suggesting a Mooncup to her. I’m sure she’ll google it if she’s unclear.
Ah sorry, I misread what you meant.

@Tigercat55
Just read on TES that schools could close but remain open with “skeleton staff” for children or front line workers. How would they decide which teachers have to work?!

ETA: don’t know if it’s been mentioned on here but apparently they’ll be an announcement on Tuesday...
This is going to create a huge problem among the workforce. So teachers are fully expecting to continue teaching from home especially with senior classes. So those who do go into to babysit, are they also expected to each all their classes plus the ones in from of them? That's a workload issue as it is two separate class timetables and one they won't be paid for. Obviously that is if they get anyone to volunteer.

If they remove class sizes laws to accommodate this also another problem as I can put money if class sizes are made bigger teaching becomes less the prime objective and more crowd control.

Obviously the first port of call will be the young and childless but creating that sort of "pressured volunteering" like "well you have no dependents" or "well you can fight it off" will create resentment for many. On top of the resentment that many teachers feel towards government and their lack of care for teachers already. HUGE problem.

I can understand the "well people should pull together and just do it for the sake of the country" but mental health among teachers is already rock bottom for many and they are struggling to keep people in the profession. Adding this at the doorstep of teachers who already feel they go above and beyond will not help those things and relying on a career full of people who often do it anyway because of the impact on the kids will led to even worse mental health.

I'm in Scotland as a teacher so it is different to England but honestly English teachers have it way worse generally.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
368 new deaths in Italy in 24 hours

This is us in a few weeks. Protect yourself and your families!!
It’s so sad but we have to remember Italy thought it was the normal flu at first so was allowing people through their GP’s doors. We have stopped this. Keep calm. It will be okay

Reactions: 19
I've been out for Sunday Lunch and went shopping yesterday. Shops were fully stocked and lunch was normal. It's seems odd how different areas seem to be handling things so differently.

Reactions: 19
I've been out for Sunday Lunch and went shopping yesterday. Shops were fully stocked and lunch was normal. It's seems odd how different areas seem to be handling things so differently.
Totally agree. Only thing I’ve noticed here is that pasta and bog roll aisles of supermarket are low on stock. Apart from that it’s business as usual around here I think 🤔

Reactions: 8
Definitely as my area (a poor area!) has absolutely nothing left on the shelves. It's bloody ridiculous.

Reactions: 6
I’m in Leeds and if anybody gets desperate for anything basic let me know and i’d be happy to share x

• Heart
Reactions: 21
This is going to create a huge problem among the workforce. So teachers are fully expecting to continue teaching from home especially with senior classes. So those who do go into to babysit, are they also expected to each all their classes plus the ones in from of them? That's a workload issue as it is two separate class timetables and one they won't be paid for. Obviously that is if they get anyone to volunteer.

If they remove class sizes laws to accommodate this also another problem as I can put money if class sizes are made bigger teaching becomes less the prime objective and more crowd control.

Obviously the first port of call will be the young and childless but creating that sort of "pressured volunteering" like "well you have no dependents" or "well you can fight it off" will create resentment for many. On top of the resentment that many teachers feel towards government and their lack of care for teachers already. HUGE problem.

I can understand the "well people should pull together and just do it for the sake of the country" but mental health among teachers is already rock bottom for many and they are struggling to keep people in the profession. Adding this at the doorstep of teachers who already feel they go above and beyond will not help those things and relying on a career full of people who often do it anyway because of the impact on the kids will led to even worse mental health.

I'm in Scotland as a teacher so it is different to England but honestly English teachers have it way worse generally.
Our local council (UK) is going to ose all its sites once the schools are told to close. I work in a private business on a council site and we will have to close too.

This means no pay for me, no income for the business and the manager has told us she can't survive this so I will be out of a job.

Part of her income comes from the Gov and they've made it clear that income will stop once she closes. Even a two week closure will be difficult, a 4 week closure will kill her business.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
With the emergency bill coming to Parliament, do we think they will begin to start the lockdown process?

Maybe starting with older people and those with chronic illnesses?

Reactions: 2
Possible trigger/morbid post!

Will life insurance policies still pay out?? I have thyroid and kidney ‘underlying conditions’ as they are nicely putting it. If the worst happens will my children and partner still receive their payout?

I am isolating myself and my two young ones but my partner has to go to work to pay the bills, none of us showing symptoms as yet.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.