Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #65

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can I just ask a very quick question, because I'm a bit vague with the latest rules for tier 2 areas.

Can my girlfriend visit me this weekend or not? I have checked the rules via the Telegraph and it says this

We live in seperate locations (both T2) and are single householders. She wants to come up tonight for the weekend, but she asked me the question first.
I think if at least one of you lives alone and doesn't see anyone else in doors you are a support bubble and you can see each other in any tier but you can't see anyone else inside. But if you both live with other people even housemates you cannot form a support bubble.

Reactions: 2
Can I just ask a very quick question, because I'm a bit vague with the latest rules for tier 2 areas.

Can my girlfriend visit me this weekend or not? I have checked the rules via the Telegraph and it says this

We live in seperate locations (both T2) and are single householders. She wants to come up tonight for the weekend, but she asked me the question first.
I don't think it's allowed. Can only meet up outside unless you're in a support bubble

Reactions: 1

Did you bubble with her or someone else? If it was with her then you're effectively able to act as one household so she can come.

Reactions: 2
Did you bubble with her or someone else? If it was with her then you're effectively able to act as one household so she can come.
Yes, I did bubble with her as my parents live in South Africa. So she was the only "close" person outside of my family that I bubbled with.

Manchester the latest to suspend rapid testing for care homes visitors, they don’t feel they’re reliable enough https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55188183

16,298 pos 504 deaths have the numbers risen again so quickly or are they testing more people.

Last edited:
2nd round of mass testing in primary school, one positive found (although half the primary school is self isolating in bubbles already 😂)

It’s funny because it’s true!
Yeah I don’t I get it. There’s around 10 countries with mandatory vaccination for entry, 20 more where vaccination is recommended. It’s not a new concept, unless you’ve never travelled before, in which case why start now 🤷🏽‍♀️😂

Reactions: 10
Yeah I don’t I get it. There’s around 10 countries with mandatory vaccination for entry, 20 more where vaccination is recommended. It’s not a new concept, unless you’ve never travelled before, in which case why start now 🤷🏽‍♀️😂
I don’t mean as in when travelling to other countries. I mean as in a vaccination passport to go to Asda for a pint of milk...or the cinema etc etc

I don’t mean as in when travelling to other countries. I mean as in a vaccination passport to go to Asda for a pint of milk...or the cinema etc etc
Yeahhh I think there’s a reason anti vaxx conspiracy theories are considered dangerous to public health so that’s not a discussion I want to get into ✌🏽

Reactions: 8
Personally, anyone who thinks you will have to show a vaccination passport to go to asda for a pint of milk should probably just stay away from the rest of us anyway. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
We are not going to require a passport to buy milk from asda. It's really not going to happen. We will probably need one for travelling, but I can't see many businesses agreeing to that level of restriction. Businesses will have to show they are covid secure for the immediate future until transmission rates fall, through a combination of voluntary vaccination and restrictions.

Reactions: 9
BBC have been doing a podcast on vaccine passports https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-55187633

Looks like NI are going to be the guinea pigs first person to be vaccinated will be on Tuesday morning at 8am in the Royal wonder is it medical staff or patients https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/1204/1182393-vaccine-northern-ireland/edit to say it looks like its one of the team of vaccinators that's getting it.
They said that vaccinators are to be first before they start, makes sense when you think how many contacts they will have.

Reactions: 3
They said that vaccinators are to be first before they start, makes sense when you think how many contacts they will have.
Apparently our care homes will be waiting till the Oxford one is passed the pfizer one is not practical for the number of people that need it .

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.