Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #65

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hopefully they continue mass testing in secondary's next year, especially January through to the end of March, that is when it will be most needed.

Reactions: 2
Australia have cancelled their order for the University of Queensland vaccine and the whole thing has been cancelled because test participants were coming back with positive HIV results even though they don't have it and there was no way it could have been introduced to them (which was proven by following up tests).

• Wow
Reactions: 9
OMG ! there's uproar here .Stormont have changed the wording on the rules for wet pubs .Bars that served food were allowed to open tomorrow but now they've made it so the kitchen has to be static in the actual bar so most of the bars can't open even though it wasn't a problem previously, people have spent a fortune on getting things ready for tomorrow only to have the police pay them a visit tonight with the revised rules.
The rules around wet bars were so lax in NI. All you had to do was technically serve food on the site, people could still come in for 6 hours and only have drinks as long as the bar had an open kitchen. Totally unfair to bars that didn't have a kitchen considering there was no actual requirement to eat a meal.

Australia have cancelled their order for the University of Queensland vaccine and the whole thing has been cancelled because test participants were coming back with positive HIV results even though they don't have it and there was no way it could have been introduced to them (which was proven by following up tests).
I think this is a good thing though as it shows how careful they are being - they even said this would probably have been a successful vaccine but they felt it better to end it due to the current climate around how information is being represented.

If it continued I can imagine the conspiracies about how it gave you HIV already 🙄

Reactions: 2
The rules around wet bars were so lax in NI. All you had to do was technically serve food on the site, people could still come in for 6 hours and only have drinks as long as the bar had an open kitchen. Totally unfair to bars that didn't have a kitchen considering there was no actual requirement to eat a meal.
Not where I live they couldn’t an hour and 45 mins was max stay. The rules before were bars that had a kitchen and served food could open regardless of where the kitchen was sited as long as it was on the premises that has now been amended to include the kitchen has to be in the bar. These premises were allowed to open previously its a disgrace they’re allowed to amend the wording to suit themselves...who would even have a kitchen sited literally beside a bar hygiene alone wouldn’t be up to standard.

Not where I live they couldn’t an hour and 45 mins was max stay. The rules before were bars that had a kitchen and served food could open regardless of where the kitchen was sited as long as it was on the premises that has now been amended to include the kitchen has to be in the bar. These premises were allowed to open previously its a disgrace they’re allowed to amend the wording to suit themselves...who would even have a kitchen sited literally beside a bar hygiene alone wouldn’t be up to standard.
Surely it doesn't mean beside the bar, as in where they literally pour pints but in the bar site?

Isn't that to prevent things that have the set up of a restaurant in one area totally closed off and separate, and a proper bar in another again separate doors, like hotels etc. So the bar was never intended to serve food as the kitchen is for the restaurant, so technically a wet bar that could open by proxy as the building has a kitchen technically.
There are loads of places like that near me in Belfast, like 3 within a 20 minute walk.

They are always changing things at the last second though, so unprofessional and just highlights that it is run by idiots.

Isn't that to prevent things that have the set up of a restaurant in one area, and a proper bar in another, like hotels etc. So the bar was never intended to serve food as the kitchen is for the restaurant, so technically a wet bar that could open by proxy as the building has a kitchen technically.
There are loads of places like that near me in Belfast.
Well the guy that’s ranting on FB has been serving food from his bar/ restaurant for a few years it’s run as one business he said it didn’t make sense to have two kitchens 6 steps apart he got 24 hours notice that he couldn’t trade but was able to previously.He’s got a 5 ⭐ food rating.

Last edited:
I'm really sorry to be totally thick but I don't fully understand why that's an issue? From my very limited understanding, the vaccine is causing false positive hiv results yes? So does that mean that although the participants don't have HIV, their bodies/immune systems are reacting as if they do? Is that right?

Reactions: 3
I'm really sorry to be totally thick but I don't fully understand why that's an issue? From my very limited understanding, the vaccine is causing false positive hiv results yes? So does that mean that although the participants don't have HIV, their bodies/immune systems are reacting as if they do? Is that right?
This article explains what happens and why they've cancelled the trial.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12...e-induces-false-positive-hiv-results/12975048

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Yes they were making antibodies from what I understand

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I've made a new thead:

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.