Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #65

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not recommended to have it when breastfeeding either I read - so hope we don’t need a vaccination passport for too much as my child loves the boob...

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Apparently our care homes will be waiting till the Oxford one is passed the pfizer one is not practical for the number of people that need it .
That doesn't surprise me. Unless people can travel to vaccination centres where the Pfizer one can be stored, I can't see how they can transport it.

Reactions: 2
Personally, anyone who thinks you will have to show a vaccination passport to go to asda for a pint of milk should probably just stay away from the rest of us anyway. 😂
but did you ever think the police would ask for your passport to go to tesco or tell you Easter eggs weren’t essential 😐
duck knows about anything anymore.

Apparently our care homes will be waiting till the Oxford one is passed the pfizer one is not practical for the number of people that need it .
I don’t care how bad this sounds but after the UK’s cock swinging I’m glad it hasn’t gone to plan 😐

• Wow
Reactions: 7
but did you ever think the police would ask for your passport to go to tesco or tell you Easter eggs weren’t essential 😐
duck knows about anything anymore.

I don’t care how bad this sounds but after the UK’s cock swinging I’m glad it hasn’t gone to plan 😐
I'm not sure if people are ready to make those kind of decisions on behalf of their family members 🤷‍♀️ what if something went wrong how could you live with yourself .I think it's best to let nature decide.

That doesn't surprise me. Unless people can travel to vaccination centres where the Pfizer one can be stored, I can't see how they can transport it.
I think we're only getting 12,500 doses anyway so I think the health pro are first .

They've changed their minds and will now give care homes and the over 80s the vaccine before NHS staff. 😳

Don't know what to think of that.

They've changed their minds and will now give care homes and the over 80s the vaccine before NHS staff. 😳

I don’t know about the official order. but in terms of cutting the deaths and hospitalisations as much and as quickly as possible I think this makes sense to me.

Reactions: 4
I don’t know about the official order. but in terms of cutting the deaths and hospitalisations as much and as quickly as possible I think this makes sense to me.
I think care homes AND the NHS should receive equal priority

A local hospital has announced they are getting theirs in 10 days time, it's going to be used as a storage facility but issuing to medical staff is their priority

I found this quite interesting in regards to the death figures. I know there were a few questions around it

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Yes but if there’s not enough of the vaccine right now to do it equally then they have to prioritise, it then makes sense to vaccinate those who are most likely to lose their life to covid first which is the over 80s or those in care homes based on the deaths we have seen so far. The average age of death from covid was 82 last time I read about it.

NHS workers may be more exposed but they are not the group most likely to die from covid, I agree they need to try and prevent as much loss of life as possible so I’m all for an approach that does that by vaccinating those most at risk.

Reactions: 6
I think in an ideal world this would happen but we can only get X amount of vaccines at a time so it makes sense to try to protect the ones who are most likely to end up in hospital with it to keep hospital numbers down then target the NHS when they can.

Reactions: 3
I think in an ideal world this would happen but we can only get X amount of vaccines at a time so it makes sense to try to protect the ones who are most likely to end up in hospital with it to keep hospital numbers down then target the NHS when they can.
I feel that the NHS need protecting otherwise whose going to care for the rest of us. I'm sure once the vaccine starts to be rolled out, the next batch will arrive to help the rollout continue smoothly.

Reactions: 1
The NHS needs protecting. Especially those who have frequent face to face contact with covid positive patients. We can't afford more sickness.

Reactions: 7
The NHS needs protecting. Especially those who have frequent face to face contact with covid positive patients. We can't afford more sickness.
This is the problem. It’s all well and good trying to vaccinate the care homes, but that’s a drop in the ocean compared to those integrated within society who test positive and need hospital care. Lots of wards are running at the bare minimum as it is, never mind with staff returning positives, their families testing positive, isolating due to contact and it really is turning into a massive shitshow.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I feel that the NHS need protecting otherwise whose going to care for the rest of us. I'm sure once the vaccine starts to be rolled out, the next batch will arrive to help the rollout continue smoothly.
I'm not for a second saying the NHS shouldn't be vaccinated. Once we have the first lot rolling I hope it will be smooth sailing and we can slowly but steadily get everyone who needs it done as soon and safely as possible.

I think teachers should be high up the list too as they are in the firing line of germy kids with no PPE at all.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.