Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #65

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

The public depend on the government for quick solutions, especially given the country, the entire world in fact, has been put "on hold" for almost a year now.

Buy a packet of paracetamol for a headache, and should you care to read the instructions, it will list a bunch of side-effects and other associated risks. But we generally take the tablets because we need them.

So to with the vaccine. There will be risks for certain people with certain conditions, but I doubt if there will ever be a vaccine that "fits all"

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The vaccine won't stop a 3rd wave
We can't get other companies vaccines until spring .
Unless we mass vaccinate working population then how is that going helps the economy.
My worries are furlough ends in March.
Many families already struggling seeks be companies going bust all the time.
School i feel be massive issue even next autumn/ winter

The fact they giving uni students early break up and late return makes no sense as same risks apply and secondary age children highest rate if infection more than any other group.
They can then pass to parents/ siblings, grandparents this Christmas.
So many parents taking unpaid leave from work as their children are self isolating so there's no viable childcare option then.

Reactions: 3
This school thing is really annoying me. We got a letter form the council today stressing you must keep bringing your child up until the last day of term.

But if we went to virtual schooling from the 10th and everyone who could was strongly encouraged to isolate it would definitely massively reduce the impact of the Christmas bubbles. You can bet your bottom dollar I’d be doing everting to not go out so I’d be unlikely to pass anything on to my family. I feel like the government want an ‘I told you christmas Would cause a spike’ moment. Sure - not great for the economy but lives over money 🤷🏼‍♀️
(The last week of term is a write off anyway)

Reactions: 6
What makes somebody eligible for a flu jab?! I got a text from my GP saying I’m eligible. I have one every year through work but only because I’m NHS staff. I’m on maternity leave at the minute and my GP don’t know where I work? I wondered if they thought I was still pregnant and entitled but surely not! I asked why I was eligible and the receptionist wouldn’t tell me 😂 but I have absolutely no idea why I’m eligible for a flu jab! I’ve googled it and I have none of the reasons listed. Anybody else been given one when they didn’t think they were eligible?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Friday night people went on the piss, saw this in the Daily Mail of two women from York.

They must of been freezing, that's one way to catch a cold.

Reactions: 2
Vulnerable children will be protected through enough of the adult population receiving the vaccine, it’s the only way we can achieve herd immunity. A point that seems to be lost on those who think that there personal choice on the matter only affects them, it doesn’t. Those who can, should, to protect those that can’t.
exactly! In the same vain that majority of kids/people get the MMR so that those who can't are protected.

Reactions: 2
Not sure how much protection if it only lasts 3 months for those that get it ?immunity is short lived for this disease they've even said not everyone will get immunity from the vacc they've been studying this for months apparently .

People are hitting the high street, I'm glad I am not in this queue.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 5
Not sure how much protection if it only lasts 3 months for those that get it ?immunity is short lived for this disease they've even said not everyone will get immunity from the vacc they've been studying this for months apparently .
so from my logic, the best course of action is to deliver it to as many people as possible within 3 months? Surely then even if it doesn't last 3 months, enough people will have had the vaccine to stop the spread, or at the least, slow it.

Sorry for the incoming vent.
I'm so fed up with everyone. I can't stand the fact that I've been forced to mix with people when I'm vulnerable, due to a situation out of our control (if you remember my previous posts about us being broken into.) I had to go stay at MIL because I didn't feel safe at home, but I didn't feel safe there either because her kids are at school and she works in the hospital. But MIL thought it would be great to have her friends and whoever over during my stay there. Not my house so not my rules but I felt stuck then. I had to mix with others because we needed to move ASAP, I stayed out the way of everyone as much as I could during the move. But again, what else was I supposed to do? Our previous home wasn't safe anymore. Now, because I was forced out my own home - people are expecting me to mix with whoever because "well you've mixed with others now, it's fine" or "you're in my bubble now." We're in tier 3, so no mixing should be happening anyway whether it's outside or not plus I live with my partner. But it's just that expectation. I just feel like I'm being a party pooper, because I'm wanting to be shielding again with my one trip out a week to the shop. MIL came over unannounced last night, she knocked on the door loudly while I was alone and it scared me into a panic attack. I can't cope with loud, sudden noises or the dark right now. But her response was just "well creep, people are going to come to your door at some point."

I didn't ask to have my home broken into. I didn't ask to have a knife in my face when it happened. I didn't want to go and stay elsewhere. I didn't ask to have health conditions that put me at risk either. I just want to hide away from the world.

I just feel like people are using what happened as a way of getting round me. My isolation for my surgery starts in 10 days, and I cannot wait. This is the first time I've cried over what has happened, I just don't know what to do.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
so from my logic, the best course of action is to deliver it to as many people as possible within 3 months? Surely then even if it doesn't last 3 months, enough people will have had the vaccine to stop the spread, or at the least, slow it.
They don’t know if it stops the spread. I think they may use it as another form of treatment other than a cure we’ll just have to wait and see what happens.

Sorry for the incoming vent.
I'm so fed up with everyone. I can't stand the fact that I've been forced to mix with people when I'm vulnerable, due to a situation out of our control (if you remember my previous posts about us being broken into.) I had to go stay at MIL because I didn't feel safe at home, but I didn't feel safe there either because her kids are at school and she works in the hospital. But MIL thought it would be great to have her friends and whoever over during my stay there. Not my house so not my rules but I felt stuck then. I had to mix with others because we needed to move ASAP, I stayed out the way of everyone as much as I could during the move. But again, what else was I supposed to do? Our previous home wasn't safe anymore. Now, because I was forced out my own home - people are expecting me to mix with whoever because "well you've mixed with others now, it's fine" or "you're in my bubble now." We're in tier 3, so no mixing should be happening anyway whether it's outside or not plus I live with my partner. But it's just that expectation. I just feel like I'm being a party pooper, because I'm wanting to be shielding again with my one trip out a week to the shop. MIL came over unannounced last night, she knocked on the door loudly while I was alone and it scared me into a panic attack. I can't cope with loud, sudden noises or the dark right now. But her response was just "well creep, people are going to come to your door at some point."

I didn't ask to have my home broken into. I didn't ask to have a knife in my face when it happened. I didn't want to go and stay elsewhere. I didn't ask to have health conditions that put me at risk either. I just want to hide away from the world.

I just feel like people are using what happened as a way of getting round me. My isolation for my surgery starts in 10 days, and I cannot wait. This is the first time I've cried over what has happened, I just don't know what to do.
Do what's right for you and stop worrying about what other people think or feel, because they're clearly not thinking about how you feel. If that's staying inside and not answering the door to people (who shouldn't be at your door anyway) then stay inside and don't answer the door.

Can your husband not tell your MIL to stop with her behaviour towards you? Since it's his mother and it's making you feel the way it is I feel like he should be saying something.

Reactions: 10
Even IF the government pull off this vaccination programme the rest of the world aren't vaccinated yet. Open borders will just keep the virus travelling in and out of countries 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 7
Do what's right for you and stop worrying about what other people think or feel, because they're clearly not thinking about how you feel. If that's staying inside and not answering the door to people (who shouldn't be at your door anyway) then stay inside and don't answer the door.

Can your husband not tell your MIL to stop with her behaviour towards you? Since it's his mother and it's making you feel the way it is I feel like he should be saying something.
I don't think they're thinking of how I feel either. That incident aside, no one asks how I feel when it comes mixing - throughout all of this. Yet I'm the vulnerable one. Fortunately my partner puts his foot down for me, as again - no one comes to me about these things.

He said he's going to chat to her about it. He wasn't home when she turned up but wasn't happy that she just dropped by knowing how I feel. He thinks a simple text letting me know beforehand would have been useful. MIL won't be best impressed as she's quite stubborn but it's tough tit really.

Reactions: 6
Upset today. Had a falling out with family as was invited for Christmas hot chocolate and fun afternoon.
We're in tier 3 😡
I declined but apparently I'm a grinch and spoiling Christmas

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
Upset today. Had a falling out with family as was invited for Christmas hot chocolate and fun afternoon.
We're in tier 3 😡
I declined but apparently I'm a grinch and spoiling Christmas
I sympathise! Iv had a similar situation.
You are doing the right thing. Xxx

Reactions: 10
Maybe I’m being pessimistic but I just feel like the whole world is watching us with these vaccines now and as with everything else we do are going to make a huge pigs ear out of it. I’m not fully convinced this vaccine will be the solution people think it is, especially if it needs to be given every 3 months? Then again I’m not a scientist so🤷🏻‍♀️

I hope I’m wrong but I have no faith in this government because it seems they can’t do anything right.

Reactions: 13
Maybe I’m being pessimistic but I just feel like the whole world is watching us with these vaccines now and as with everything else we do are going to make a huge pigs ear out of it. I’m not fully convinced this vaccine will be the solution people think it is, especially if it needs to be given every 3 months? Then again I’m not a scientist so🤷🏻‍♀️

I hope I’m wrong but I have no faith in this government because it seems they can’t do anything right.
From what I've read over the last few days and weeks, most governments around the world have been pretty clueless in the face of this current crisis. As a consequence I don't think any sitting Government regardless of political affinity would do a decent job.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.