Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #57

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The flu shot. People above were saying there is a shortage and NHS staff aren't getting it.
Yeah there’s a world shortage apparently they’re rolling out the Covid vaccine for NHS staff before Christmas

Reactions: 1
Yet seems crazy to me her boyfriend didn’t then get it? There’s been a few instances I’ve seen on here when people who lived with someone who tested positive didn’t catch it but they caught it from someone they had passing contact with. It’s so strange, I wonder why some aren’t catching it so easily.
We have been wondering this too....My dad tested positive 2 weeks ago, my sister had been at his house then I had, his partner had also stayed over a few nights too, I actually took him and did his test as he has a brain injury and struggles with things like this and not one of us have caught the virus, we have all isolated and been tested and were all negative, my sister developed symptoms after a few days, got tested and was negative....I really don't understand how if it's so contagious how none of us caught It 😱🧐

Reactions: 8
Sorry but I’m of the view that we need to either fully and strictly LOCKDOWN everyone or just get on with it and get back to normal. This half arsed “lockdown” where all the schools are open and everyone is going to work but people are also being vilified for buying a bleeping mop at Tesco is helping nothing. No wonder people aren’t taking this seriously anymore. I was very serious about it at the beginning but now I’ve been flung back to work in classes with 20+ children but being told I can’t go and see my mam and dad or my wee nephew. They can take a bleeping run and jump.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
We have been wondering this too....My dad tested positive 2 weeks ago, my sister had been at his house then I had, his partner had also stayed over a few nights too, I actually took him and did his test as he has a brain injury and struggles with things like this and not one of us have caught the virus, we have all isolated and been tested and were all negative, my sister developed symptoms after a few days, got tested and was negative....I really don't understand how if it's so contagious how none of us caught It 😱🧐
I keep wondering how accurate the tests are .I've known people with some surprising results that's left them even scratching their heads (so to speak)

It could be false negatives if the tests were not administered correctly.

Reactions: 3
I know 4 people in total who have had a positive test. 2 being nurses, 1 reception teacher, and 1 teenage - all isolated cases. Not one of them spread it to a family member or a child in school or a friend etc (any close contact). It’s bizarre

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
My brother sent me this. (With the accompanying meme)

1603608905909.png

1603608979764.png

At my hospital we were told of a doctor who tested negative two times before finally getting a positive result when she already had bad lung damage on X-ray.

I know of lots of people who have been infected.
-One of my old friend's whose brother and father are both doctors.Her mother caught it too.
-My old boss at the pharmacy I worked at but he died at 48.
-A girl I went to primary school with- her father was in ICu for close to two months.
-Two staff members my mother works with at a primary school in London.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I said it. I am NHS Scotland staff and we’re not. A few weeks ago yes, but there’s now a national supply issue and many of us aren’t vaccinated.
We're in Yorkshire. Mum's care home had the flu vaccine three weeks ago, other half last week, and I'm getting daily reminders to go for mine.

Because i Like to confuse everyone I have another question.
Person a tested positive on Wednesday. Person b last saw person a on Monday. In bubble but do not live together.
Does person b have to isolate?

Person a tested positive on Wednesday. Person b last saw person a on Monday. In bubble but do not live together.
I would, yes.

I would, yes.

Reactions: 5
Yeah I think they'd need to. If B last saw A only 48 hours before the positive test, person A would have been contagious at that point.

Honestly I think these questions are absolute no brainers 🤦🏽‍♀️ Obviously yes.

I know 4 people in total who have had a positive test. 2 being nurses, 1 reception teacher, and 1 teenage - all isolated cases. Not one of them spread it to a family member or a child in school or a friend etc (any close contact). It’s bizarre
my best friend had it, ended up in hospital overnight with breathing difficulties. Her partner and kids were tested, all of them negative 🤷‍♀️ This thing just baffles me

How much time did person a spend with person b? Was it more than 15 minutes with less than a metre between them?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.