Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #57

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
my best friend had it, ended up in hospital overnight with breathing difficulties. Her partner and kids were tested, all of them negative 🤷‍♀️ This thing just baffles me
The thing is, they may have been negative at the time of the test, but later develop symptoms and be positive.

Honestly I think these questions are absolute no brainers 🤦🏽‍♀️ Obviously yes.
Indeed. This is the debate I am having with friends at the moment.

Tucked away deep in the gov website. They’ve had No contact from the world leading t,t&t system mind you. What a joke.

Reactions: 4
Because i Like to confuse everyone I have another question.
Person a tested positive on Wednesday. Person b last saw person a on Monday. In bubble but do not live together.
Does person b have to isolate?
I think person B should.

Reactions: 3
The thing is, they may have been negative at the time of the test, but later develop symptoms and be positive.

Indeed. This is the debate I am having with friends at the moment.

Tucked away deep in the gov website. They’ve had No contact from the world leading t,t&t system mind you. What a joke.
her partner gets tested for his job weekly and has not yet been positive (it’s been 6 weeks)

Reactions: 2
I wasn't well last week. Terrible diarrorhea and generally feeling ill. Eventually got an appointment with my GP who said it might be COVID and I should book a test. Problem for me was that I didn't have any of the symptoms. No fever, no cough, no change in taste.

Just tell them you have a cough says the GP. But I don't. Just say you do!!!

To me there's something ridiculous about this. If my GP suspects I have COVID why can't they do the test??? Why do I have to lie to book a test???

As it was, I booked the test and it eventually came back negative. But it still seems stupid that the GP can't do the test but I've got to drag myself half way across Glasgow when I'm not well!!!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I wasn't well last week. Terrible diarrorhea and generally feeling ill. Eventually got an appointment with my GP who said it might be COVID and I should book a test. Problem for me was that I didn't have any of the symptoms. No fever, no cough, no change in taste.

To me there's something ridiculous about this. If my GP suspects I have COVID why can't they do the test??? Why do I have to lie to book a test???

As it was, I booked the test and it eventually came back negative. But it still seems stupid that the GP can't do the test but I've got to drag myself half way across Glasgow when I'm not well!!!
But also, why on Earth did your GP send you for a test?? With zero symptoms.

I would assume it’s a quicker turn around if tests are going from specific centres to labs. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5

I don’t see why GP’s can’t do the tests if they’ve got a patient in front of them as long as they are suitably PPE’d up. It makes sense (to me)

Reactions: 5
But also, why on Earth did your GP send you for a test?? With zero symptoms
She said she'd seen people who's only symptom is diarrorhea!!!

It's all very strange!!!

The other thing I should say is that when I went for the test, I had to do it myself!!! The guy handed me the swab which I had to scrape the back of my throat with and then use the same one to take a sample from my nose.

So God knows if I actually did it right 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

But I've got a negative test so hey up!!!!

Reactions: 7
But also, why on Earth did your GP send you for a test?? With zero symptoms.

I would assume it’s a quicker turn around if tests are going from specific centres to labs. 🤷‍♀️
My dad had none of the 3 main symptoms, he was ill at home for a fortnight with my mum (a nurse), none of us thought it was Covid in mid March as no cough/fever etc . One of the symptoms he did have was diarrhoea. The symptom range is much wider than is publicised in the UK. It’s why the “its only a cold” brigade really set my teeth on edge.

Reactions: 9
Honestly I think these questions are absolute no brainers 🤦🏽‍♀️ Obviously yes.
Not necessarily it depends how close they were if they were within 2mtr for less than 15 mins then then don't

Because i Like to confuse everyone I have another question.
Person a tested positive on Wednesday. Person b last saw person a on Monday. In bubble but do not live together.
Does person b have to isolate?
Depends how close they were to each other

Not necessarily it depends how close they were if they were within 2mtr for less than 15 mins then then don't
Given that she says the person was in their bubble, then I’d assume their contact was similar to a household member.

Given that she says the person was in their bubble, then I’d assume their contact was similar to a household member.
No the school guidelines differ even though kids are in bubbles it's only very close contact isolates not the full bubbles ,I know someone in a bubble but because they were at one side of the room and the pos case at the other they didn't count it as close contact only people that were within the 2 mtre has to isolate ...don't know if it's because of staff issues

No the school guidelines differ even though kids are in bubbles it's only very close contact isolates not the full bubbles ,I know someone in a bubble but because they were at one side of the room and the pos case at the other they didn't count it as close contact only people that were within the 2 mtre has to isolate ...don't know if it's because of staff issues
Yes but where are you getting that this is a school issue from?? Given that the OP specifically states that they don’t live together, it sounds to me like a support bubble, where two households essentially behave as one, due to a person living alone or with minors only. Which again means that they would likely be in close contact for more than 15 mins. I’m a bit lost as to why you’re talking about school guidelines 🥴

Reactions: 1
Isn't this a household bubble thats being spoken about though?

Reactions: 1
Isn't this a household bubble thats being spoken about though?
I thought it was a school bubble ? does the person not work in a school? could be wrong

Yes but where are you getting that this is a school issue from?? Given that the OP specifically states that they don’t live together, it sounds to me like a support bubble, where two households essentially behave as one, due to a person living alone or with minors only. Which again means that they would likely be in close contact for more than 15 mins. I’m a bit lost as to why you’re talking about school guidelines 🥴
I thought the pos case worked in a school and that’s where the contact happened? must have picked it up wrong..but this is deemed close contact
44D52B41-2888-42A8-95C2-87224739317C.png

My dad had none of the 3 main symptoms, he was ill at home for a fortnight with my mum (a nurse), none of us thought it was Covid in mid March as no cough/fever etc . One of the symptoms he did have was diarrhoea. The symptom range is much wider than is publicised in the UK. It’s why the “its only a cold” brigade really set my teeth on edge.
I wonder if that’s a coincidence more than a symptom though

I thought it was a school bubble ? does the person not work in a school? could be wrong
I took it as being household because of the post from the other day and saying they were in a bubble but didn't live together.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.