Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #57

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread.

tier 1, tier 2, tier 3, level 5...... one thing in common, dumpster fire 🔥🔥🔥🔥

another thread, the same ol’ mess.

Reactions: 12
I've just had the 'notification' someone you were exposed too blah blah no need to do anything etc etc

Now.... I mean yeah i understand that. I don't go many places so I'm guessing it's somebody at the school or someone in the shop when i done my food shop yesterday. However a few days ago as i was leaving the school grounds a lovely older woman COUGHED IN MY FACE. So if it was her........

Urgh I'm so sick of living like this. If only time could pass as quickly as these threads 🤣🤣

• Wow
Reactions: 9
They shouldn’t be notifying people and then telling them they don’t need to do anything imo, it just adds to the confusion of the whole situation and causes unnecessary worry. Why does everything have to be so convoluted?

World beating my arse.

Reactions: 30
They shouldn’t be notifying people and then telling them they don’t need to do anything imo, it just adds to the confusion of the whole situation and causes unnecessary worry. Why does everything have to be so convoluted?

World beating my arse.
genuinely why do they have this notification?!

Reactions: 7
I was installing some computer hardware at a local bakery this morning. The shop was still open and serving customers, all of them obeying SD and wearing masks etc. But one of the assistants asked me "Can I catch the virus from someone's farts?"

I looked at her in bemusement, and mild disgust. But then I did wonder about the possibility. According to Google its very unlikely, but it did make me smile. Perhaps if it was contagious the government should introduce a few more tiers:LOL:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
so this is slightly OT but I am confused at advice online, I am in furlough now but I think I am about to be made redundant.. if I am, would my company have to pay back the furlough money? (this is what a friend said but I cannot understand if this is still true)

Reactions: 3
I was installing some computer hardware at a local bakery this morning. The shop was still open and serving customers, all of them obeying SD and wearing masks etc. But one of the assistants asked me "Can I catch the virus from someone's farts?"

I looked at her in bemusement, and mild disgust. But then I did wonder about the possibility. According to Google its very unlikely, but it did make me smile. Perhaps if it was contagious the government should introduce a few more tiers:LOL:

Raises an interesting question.

Does a fart travel further than a cough or a sneeze? 🤔🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 6
so this is slightly OT but I am confused at advice online, I am in furlough now but I think I am about to be made redundant.. if I am, would my company have to pay back the furlough money? (this is what a friend said but I cannot understand if this is still true)
This might help

Citizens Advice

Reactions: 1
No isolating for my daughter. Confirmed case in her year wasn't anyone she's had close contact with

Reactions: 11
They don’t have to pay it back, my company made 100s of roles redundant after they had been on furlough for a varying amount of time.
I think under the new scheme they need to keep people for 6 months though, but that may have just been the working plans.

Scotland have been told to prepare for a digital Christmas.

A digital Christmas.

Naw, that’s it. I can’t take anymore 😳😂😭🤷🏻‍♀️

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
So, further to earlier, yr 6 were sent home today from our primary as a teacher is positive. Youngest son said his teacher went home earlier as not well(I saw him at drop off this morning). I asked my son which teacher they had instead and he told me he didn't know but she works in lots of schools 🙄

• Sad
Gardaí out in force at the border trainees and all https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54646910
Hoping my husband can make it across the border this weekend ... he needs to collect his medicine and some work tools from our home in NI does anyone know if they’d accept that as a valid reason? After this weekend he’ll be staying put in limerick till lockdown is over so he can still work phew ... but he needs his medications so it’s all a bit confusing and we are sticklers for doing the right thing

Hoping my husband can make it across the border this weekend ... he needs to collect his medicine and some work tools from our home in NI does anyone know if they’d accept that as a valid reason? After this weekend he’ll be staying put in limerick till lockdown is over so he can still work phew ... but he needs his medications so it’s all a bit confusing and we are sticklers for doing the right thing
I’m sure that would be classed as a valid reason and we’re allowed to travel for work but they might ask for proof?

So, further to earlier, yr 6 were sent home today from our primary as a teacher is positive. Youngest son said his teacher went home earlier as not well(I saw him at drop off this morning). I asked my son which teacher they had instead and he told me he didn't know but she works in lots of schools 🙄
Crazy isn't it. My local primary school completely closed on Monday! There was a few bubbles in isolation and the head threw his hands up and has made half term 2 weeks instead of 1. I'm in tier 1 with relatively low cases so I can't believe how bad schools have gotten 😳

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Crazy isn't it. My local primary school completely closed on Monday! There was a few bubbles in isolation and the head threw his hands up and has made half term 2 weeks instead of 1. I'm in tier 1 with relatively low cases so I can't believe how bad schools have gotten 😳
A few near us did the same. We are tier 3 from saturday, I'm hoping we can go back after half term!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.