Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #57

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was like Christmas Eve in North Wales yesterday - our Main Street and shopping park were heaving. The lady on the door in M and S said it was crazy and couldn't believe how much stuff people were buying even though they are open every day. I went this afternoon to collect my delivery and hardly saw a soul.
Aldi has had a traffic light system all the time.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
According to studies Covid-19 is no real danger to children,
so what do we do in Ireland,
try and kill the little buggers with hand sanitiser instead. šŸ™‚

• Haha
Reactions: 4
These are big increases on the previous week šŸ™

That's why I think they're letting things run until they'll have to act and lockdown ,especially Scotlands numbers seem to be very high and Sturgeon just seems to be taking it in her stride compared to last time

• Sad
Reactions: 3
That's why I think they're letting things run until they'll have to act and lockdown ,especially Scotlands numbers seem to be very high and Sturgeon just seems to be taking it in her stride compared to last time
She said on Friday there was a glimmer of hope in the numbers we're seeing starting to turn but that the restrictions had been extended for the further week to see if that was the case before entering our tier system.

Yeah I agree. I wonder how many deaths per day until theyā€™ll do a lockdown šŸ˜• they must have a point where they canā€™t just sit back. 200 a day clearly isnā€™t it... 400? 800? Guess weā€™ll find out ā˜¹

• Sad
She said on Friday there was a glimmer of hope in the numbers we're seeing starting to turn but that the restrictions had been extended for the further week to see if that was the case before entering our tier system.
There was nearly 1500 cases today and nearly 1000 hospitalised quite a lot on ventilation too .last time she jumped very early it just seems they're all letting things run along now ...It's the lag would worry me

There was nearly 1500 cases today and nearly 1000 hospitalised quite a lot on ventilation too .last time she jumped very early it just seems they're all letting things run along now ...It's the lag would worry me
I know. I was just repeating what she said on Friday, and for her to come out and actually give a hint of positivity in what she's being told regarding the measures says something since she never normally does.

There's only so far they can push restrictions without pushing the country to a place of no return, and as awful as that sounds and is for people who have lost and will lose people to the virus, they've obviously learned things from the initial lockdown which is guiding how they're juggling things now.

There will be a life after this and the country needs to be able to survive that. You don't go into a war expecting everyone to come out the other side and COVID19 is a war we're fighting. We might not like that reality and wish it was different, but it isn't.

And I'm not saying there shouldn't be restrictions. Just that they did a 'full' lockdown, saw that it made a resurgence afterwards, and they're having to plan around resurgence now because they know it isn't going anywhere any time soon but we have to survive as an economy and a country so we have lives after.

Reactions: 6
Yeah I agree. I wonder how many deaths per day until theyā€™ll do a lockdown šŸ˜• they must have a point where they canā€™t just sit back. 200 a day clearly isnā€™t it... 400? 800? Guess weā€™ll find out ā˜¹
What were maximum amounts death daily during lockdown.
I remember 700 800 rid it go above 1000.
As we were not testing much back then so no idea if postive tests good bench mark.
What figure does it reach before i pull my little darlings from school.
Over 500 deaths daily and 30k plus infections and over 1000 hospital admissions who knows.

I feel mad for the welsh.

Nicola Sturgeon looked near to tears at Thursdayā€™s briefing. On Friday she made comparisons to world war 2, specifically that it went on for 6 years and people didnā€™t know if theyā€™re loved ones were alive or dead. Which I loosely translated as, ā€œwill youā€™s stop your whining about Halloweā€™en and stick to the bloody rulesā€ šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I know. I was just repeating what she said on Friday, and for her to come out and actually give a hint of positivity in what she's being told regarding the measures says something since she never normally does.

There's only so far they can push restrictions without pushing the country to a place of no return, and as awful as that sounds and is for people who have lost and will lose people to the virus, they've obviously learned things from the initial lockdown which is guiding how they're juggling things now.

There will be a life after this and the country needs to be able to survive that. You don't go into a war expecting everyone to come out the other side and COVID19 is a war we're fighting. We might not like that reality and wish it was different, but it isn't.

And I'm not saying there shouldn't be restrictions. Just that they did a 'full' lockdown, saw that it made a resurgence afterwards, and they're having to plan around resurgence now because they know it isn't going anywhere any time soon but we have to survive as an economy and a country so we have lives after.
Yeah I'm not disputing that this will be a long road no doubt about it .I think the economy's dead whatever way you look at it the other two regions have jumped it was just more an observation on her part.

A tattler mentioned about them adding another tier to the current system šŸ¤Ŗ - was it you @JLXRD šŸ˜Š

It was me! Bloody Boris reading this thread and stealing my ideas...

I SEE YOU BORIS šŸ‘€šŸ˜‚

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I wonder what's happening regarding the North East šŸ¤” I've stopped looking at the news so just rely on people telling me and this thread now šŸ™ˆ

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I wonder what's happening regarding the North East šŸ¤” I've stopped looking at the news so just rely on people telling me and this thread now šŸ™ˆ
Meeting on Monday with Gov re the figures and tier 3 šŸ’©

Went to my hairdressers this morning I knew she had to isolate a few weeks ago because there was a positive case (client who had to have a Covid test before an operation, elderly tested positive but asymptomatic). Hairdresser also caught it, described flu symptoms and loss of smell. Her bf didnā€™t catch it despite living with him (he was tested privately 3 times by his employer), and one of her other clients also caught it (only lost her sense of smell).

Their procedures are perfect, shows how despite masks etc it still circles and spreads so easily.

Reactions: 8

Went to my hairdressers this morning I knew she had to isolate a few weeks ago because there was a positive case (client who had to have a Covid test before an operation, elderly tested positive but asymptomatic). Hairdresser also caught it, described flu symptoms and loss of smell. Her bf didnā€™t catch it despite living with him (he was tested privately 3 times by his employer), and one of her other clients also caught it (only lost her sense of smell).

Their procedures are perfect, shows how despite masks etc it still circles and spreads so easily.
Yet seems crazy to me her boyfriend didnā€™t then get it? Thereā€™s been a few instances Iā€™ve seen on here when people who lived with someone who tested positive didnā€™t catch it but they caught it from someone they had passing contact with. Itā€™s so strange, I wonder why some arenā€™t catching it so easily.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Had my flu shot today. Every year they do them at pharmacies and doctors for free for everyone but it is the first year I have had it. I have had the flu once and it was so awful. The thought of the flu and covid freaks me out so hopefully, it is the one thing I can prevent, lol. The pharmacy was doing them by appointment only and there was no line-up.

Reactions: 6

Funny you should say that there's an outcry here because they've had to close ,just goes to show it still spreads regardless of PPE

Yet seems crazy to me her boyfriend didnā€™t then get it? Thereā€™s been a few instances Iā€™ve seen on here when people who lived with someone who tested positive didnā€™t catch it but they caught it from someone they had passing contact with. Itā€™s so strange.
My brother had it, lives at home with both my parents and they didn't get it.
I know staff that have worked with covid patients from the start of this when PPE was questionable and haven't had it

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.