Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #57

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Meeting on Monday with Gov re the figures and tier 3 šŸ’©

Went to my hairdressers this morning I knew she had to isolate a few weeks ago because there was a positive case (client who had to have a Covid test before an operation, elderly tested positive but asymptomatic). Hairdresser also caught it, described flu symptoms and loss of smell. Her bf didnā€™t catch it despite living with him (he was tested privately 3 times by his employer), and one of her other clients also caught it (only lost her sense of smell).

Their procedures are perfect, shows how despite masks etc it still circles and spreads so easily.
Are they blow-drying hair at salons there? Here, they are not recommended to do so to minimise air movement..
Interesting that her boyfriend didn't get it.

My brother had it, lives at home with both my parents and they didn't get it.
I know staff that have worked with covid patients from the start of this when PPE was questionable and haven't had it
So strange. Makes me think maybe some people do already have some kind of resistance or something. I dunno, just seems crazy that can happen but someone can catch it from a hairdresser in full PPE!

Reactions: 9
A tattler mentioned about them adding another tier to the current system šŸ¤Ŗ - was it you @JLXRD šŸ˜Š

Hahaha if wales are going down youā€™re all coming down with us šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Have you noticed that during the first lockdown everyone just got on with it, but now tensions seem to be building, people are frustrated now and are less tolerant with life and the restrictions imposed upon us?

I'm just hoping that care homes will be able to introduce measures to enable relatives to visit their loved ones. And, whilst I just don't know what the answer is, I hope the number of new cases, hospital admissions and deaths, can quickly reduce.

Sorry baby, we can't buy you any new vests even though you've had numerous tit explosions. But mummy's got a bottle of vodka and no longer gives a duck.
Isnā€™t it ironic that after the whole FSM debacle we have Tory politicians saying parents shouldnā€™t spend their money on fags and booze whilst their children go without, yet here they are putting alcohol in the ā€˜essentialā€™ category whilst baby clothes are taped off. And of course you can still buy cigs too, too much tax to be lost from not selling those. Parents are bad for buying a cheap bottle of wine but at the same time weā€™re going to stop you from buying genuinely essential items such as clothes for your rapidly growing baby and items to clean your home with in some pathetic attempt to be ā€˜fairā€™ to other retailers. Sorry but last time I checked, we lived in a capitalist society, which isnā€™t exactly a ā€˜fairā€™ system in the first place. And what about being ā€˜fairā€™ to the consumer, many who have also suffered this year?

Sorry for ranting itā€™s all just so stupid, and maybe I sound stupid too idk Iā€™m tired. All I know is you couldnā€™t make it up, utter tit show from start to where we are now.

Reactions: 23
The taping things off in the supermarkets stuff bothers me not only from the view point of being too controlling, but also that when they introduce restrictions which seem ridiculous, it makes people inclined to not follow all the restrictions because it makes a mockery of the whole thing.

Itā€™s like the non sensical being allowed to go into a shop with 50 other strangers but not being allowed to sit socially distanced in your mums lounge.

I officially have covid fatigue, Iā€™m exhausted and quite frankly bored of it all now.

Reactions: 17
Meeting on Monday with Gov re the figures and tier 3 šŸ’©

Went to my hairdressers this morning I knew she had to isolate a few weeks ago because there was a positive case (client who had to have a Covid test before an operation, elderly tested positive but asymptomatic). Hairdresser also caught it, described flu symptoms and loss of smell. Her bf didnā€™t catch it despite living with him (he was tested privately 3 times by his employer), and one of her other clients also caught it (only lost her sense of smell).

Their procedures are perfect, shows how despite masks etc it still circles and spreads so easily.
That could be interesting. We travel to Northumberland on Mon for a holiday (we are in the same tier as the NE so allowed to travel). Wonder if by the time we get there, the rules will state we have to come back šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

That could be interesting. We travel to Northumberland on Mon for a holiday (we are in the same tier as the NE so allowed to travel). Wonder if by the time we get there, the rules will state we have to come back šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø
I would like to think Northumberland (or at least all the rural parts) will be exempt, doesnā€™t make any sense when you look at case numbers!

Reactions: 1
Ah, so theyā€™re urging frontline nhs staff to get the flu vaccine pre November in order to be eligible, yet all flu vaccinations of nhs staff are halted effective immediately due to a national supply issue. Makes sense šŸ™„
Do you think many will take it ? it's a disgrace about the flu vacs a shortage everywhere

Reactions: 1
Ah, so theyā€™re urging frontline nhs staff to get the flu vaccine pre November in order to be eligible and given priority, yet all flu vaccinations of nhs staff are halted effective immediately due to a national supply issue. Makes sense šŸ™„
This is where I have no confidence in a successful Covid vaccination programme, when they canā€™t even get the flu one right.

I work with local public health england and they have totally ballsed up the immunisation programme.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Wonder is this the reason Whittys MIA.. Sunday Times front page headlines
91CC9BF8-1A17-455B-A211-413FE79479C7.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
Do you think many will take it ? it's a disgrace about the flu vacs a shortage everywhere
My substantiative post is in an ICU and the question has already been posed in our group chat, unanimously we would. There are two hospitals in our health board, both on the smaller side, but one of them only saw 1 patient walk (wheeled) out of ICU, there were shifts we lost 3/4 patients. None of us want to take our chances against the virus.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
The flu shot. People above were saying there is a shortage and NHS staff aren't getting it.
I said it. I am NHS Scotland staff and weā€™re not. A few weeks ago yes, but thereā€™s now a national supply issue and many of us arenā€™t vaccinated.

I've no idea of the supply at my place at work (nhs) but normally they are pushing for us to have it and bribing us with pot noodles but I've not heard anything.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.