Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Meh

Chatty Member
Our Sainsburys tried to introduce the one adult rule. We both go together basically it speeds up the process, and we told the little Hitler's on the door that if they wanted paying then he had to come in with me. They let us both in but it left me with a bitter taste in my mouth and we now use M&S instead.
Is it really fair to call someone, who is only trying to do their job and follow instructions from their management “little Hitlers”

Or indeed give them attitude?

Has to be said the entitlement reeks from your post. Enjoy shopping in M&S... heard you can’t get covid there 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 34

taperjeangirl42

Sorry but I’m of the view that we need to either fully and strictly LOCKDOWN everyone or just get on with it and get back to normal. This half arsed “lockdown” where all the schools are open and everyone is going to work but people are also being vilified for buying a fucking mop at Tesco is helping nothing. No wonder people aren’t taking this seriously anymore. I was very serious about it at the beginning but now I’ve been flung back to work in classes with 20+ children but being told I can’t go and see my mam and dad or my wee nephew. They can take a fucking run and jump.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Jamhead

VIP Member
Here's an interesting stat for you; Yesterday, in England's hospitals there were no Covid-19 deaths at all!
91 people died in hospitals in England who had tested positive for Covid-19, but all patients had known underlying health conditions and were aged between 44 and 95. If you probe a little deeper and check the daily figures of how many people died of Covid with NO underlying health conditions, the figure is very very small and on most days is less than 10!

Obviously every death is a tragedy for their loved ones but if the majority of people dying with Covid are those who have chronic illnesses that significantly shorten their life expectancy, why is the government continuing to effectively keep fit and healthy people of all ages prisoners in their own homes when the risk is so tiny?
Do you know anyone with diabetes, anyone obese, anyone with brittle asthma, anyone battling cancer?
All of these people would be considered to have an underlying condition that would make them more susceptible to dying from COVID-19.
The vast majority of those people will lead a normal life, working, paying taxes. Some of the people with those underlying conditions you speak of will be treating you in hospital when you're ill. They're normal people, they're doctors, dentists, supermarket workers, carers, farmers, nurses, firemen, policemen.
They are real people, people all of us need, people their families need.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Doc

VIP Member
A lot have people have “underlying conditions” that don’t necessarily shorten their life expectancy and they live fit and healthy lives.

I don’t like the undertone of Darwinism/eugenics that goes on in some of these discussions.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

prinnygrace

VIP Member
Lots of pubs, restaurants and takeaways offering food for children eligible for free schools meals in my town. Very lovely to see. Many saying they need no proof and will ask no questions, just to go in and ask for a child’s lunch. If only our government was full of people that compassionate (or just with any compassion at all🙄)

• Heart
Reactions: 31

kev1974

VIP Member
Welsh Police stand ready to arrest anyone glancing at anything in the Middle Of Lidl aisle

1603467580911.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
They shouldn’t be notifying people and then telling them they don’t need to do anything imo, it just adds to the confusion of the whole situation and causes unnecessary worry. Why does everything have to be so convoluted?

World beating my arse.

Reactions: 30

malolo

VIP Member
Sometimes it seems like 'underlying health condition' gets substituted for 'terminal illness' in order to try and solidify an argument for some people.

Having an underlying health condition doesn't necessarily mean you're at death's door or will be anywhere close to dying if you catch so much as a sniffle. Sure, there will be some people that have critical illnesses whose lives will be in danger in those circumstances but it's far too big an umbrella to categorise all the deaths with underlying health conditions as ones that would have happened anyway so they can be shrugged off.

It seems incredibly naive to have that way of thinking.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Jamhead

VIP Member
Waiting lists are highest they have ever been. It is extremely busy with covid patients although no overflow of vented patients needed yet... they were mixing green & red patients on wards, so hospital acquired infections also through the roof. Staff sickness was over 900 ( including office, nurse, doctors,domestic and isolation people) over 3 merged hospitals. So they closing the clean silver hospital to relocate the staff. It’s a shit show tbh
The ward my sister works on is horrendous at the minute, I have her ringing me in tears after every single shift. 15 years she's worked on this particular ward and she said she's never ever known anything like it.
Staff off isolating or sick, they can't get the bank staff, hca's having to do 1 to 1 care as they have 2 nurses for 30 patients.
They've had people from red wards moved in to her green ward, staff being taken to work on the covid ward.
Her past 5 shifts she's not had a break, these are 12 hour shifts, last night she couldn't even have a drink and ended up working 2 hours extra to try and help the morning team.
They'll never staff the nightingales when they can't staff the current wards. I don't know why more isn't being said in the press about it.
I just hope all those people who disregard the rules constantly are aware there might not be a bed, nurse or dr to care for them or a family member in a few months.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
I was installing some computer hardware at a local bakery this morning. The shop was still open and serving customers, all of them obeying SD and wearing masks etc. But one of the assistants asked me "Can I catch the virus from someone's farts?"

I looked at her in bemusement, and mild disgust. But then I did wonder about the possibility. According to Google its very unlikely, but it did make me smile. Perhaps if it was contagious the government should introduce a few more tiers:LOL:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29

xoxo GG

VIP Member
I’ve never understood why people wanna take their partners and kids food shopping with them. Fuck that. It’s about the only peace I manage to get all week from listening to them both whine.

• Haha
Reactions: 28

petra23

Had my test on Wednesday morning and had my positive result this morning. Literally in a state of shock... To make matters worse I've received a scathing email from my Manager who I had to identify on track and trace as she refuses to social distance. They have then sent out an email to the company blaming me for not keeping to social distance, I would love to but unfortunately my manager has every single member of staff in the room for a 30 minute chat every bloody morning.
I felt pretty good yesterday but feel like I've been hit by a bus today and I'm pissed off 😂 off to drink a gin... because it tastes like bloody water.

• Sad
  • Wow

Hinkypunk

Chatty Member
Has anyone seen Asda’s latest social media ad based on the Tesco sparkly tops that went viral 😂

9849BD4F-F5C2-4552-BCB9-9C6EA74DB2F0.jpeg

• Haha

Lucyloulucy

Chatty Member
Sometimes it seems like 'underlying health condition' gets substituted for 'terminal illness' in order to try and solidify an argument for some people.

Having an underlying health condition doesn't necessarily mean you're at death's door or will be anywhere close to dying if you catch so much as a sniffle. Sure, there will be some people that have critical illnesses whose lives will be in danger in those circumstances but it's far too big an umbrella to categorise all the deaths with underlying health conditions as ones that would have happened anyway so they can be shrugged off.

It seems incredibly naive to have that way of thinking.
I love this comment so much ❤ I’m in the government shielding category due to a serious underlying health condition. However I’m also a mum and a nurse living a very normal life! The gym is my happy place, I train 6 days a week and live a very healthy lifestyle because it makes me feel great both mentally and physically. I’d be willing to bet I’m in far better shape than the “but they had underlying health conditions” brigade. Yes I have an organ that unfortunately let’s me down sometimes, but I’m in no way at deaths door and have a very normal life expectancy. It’s sheer ignorance.

• Heart

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
Well here's a list of what the government defined as "underlying health conditions" at the start of the lockdown. (source https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news...nderlying-conditions-coronavirus-risk-3959772 )

• chronic (long-term) respiratory diseases, such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), emphysema or bronchitis
  • chronic heart disease, such as heart failure
  • chronic kidney disease
  • chronic liver disease, such as hepatitis
  • chronic neurological conditions, such as Parkinson's disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis, a learning disability or cerebral palsy
  • diabetes
  • problems with your spleen – for example, sickle cell disease or if you have had your spleen removed
  • a weakened immune system as the result of conditions such as HIV and AIDS or medicines such as steroid tablets or chemotherapy
  • being seriously overweight (a BMI of 40 or above)
  • people who have received an organ transplant and remain on ongoing immunosuppression medication
  • people with cancer who are undergoing active chemotherapy or radiotherapy
  • people with cancers of the blood or bone marrow such as leukaemia who are at any stage of treatment
  • people with severe chest conditions such as cystic fibrosis or severe asthma (requiring hospital admissions or courses of steroid tablets)
  • People with severe diseases of body systems, such as severe kidney disease (dialysis)

With the exception of a couple of those I would say all these are conditions which, in themselves, will sadly shorten a person's life expectancy regardless of whether they have Covid at the time of death or not. Therefore it would be wrong to say that these people died of Covid and therefore they shouldn't be included in the daily scary statistics.
Sorry but no. They died of Covid because if they didn't catch Covid they would not be dead. Yes by having these conditions it increases your risk of dying from Covid, by most of these people would not now be dead if they didn't have covid. Yes they may have had a shorter life expectancy but they would most likely have been alive now had covid not been around. This is so insensitive to people with these conditions who are living a full (pre covid restrictions) life just as the rest of us are.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

SarahGard83

VIP Member
I'm 37 and chronically sick. I have MDS and acute myeloid leukaemia. I am on chemotherapy and blood transfusions and will need a bone marrow transplant in future. Despite all of this I have a good life. I still go out and I still take my kids to the zoo and go upside down on rollercoasters with them. If I got covid then my changes are extremely slim. I wouldn't want my death certificate to say I'd died of leukaemia if it was covid that had finished me off.

• Heart
  • Sad

Meh

Chatty Member
Scotland have been told to prepare for a digital Christmas.

A digital Christmas.

Naw, that’s it. I can’t take anymore 😳😂😭🤷🏻‍♀️

• Sad
  • Haha

birdiefly246

VIP Member
If you’d have asked me 10 years ago what 2020 would be like I’d have said flying cars and better renewable energy. Not arguing over whether kids deserve to be fed and supermarkets blocking off books and mops in a pandemic